Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 [2342] 2343 2344 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442714 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #35115 on: July 19, 2013, 01:33:42 am »

One of my friends was talking about how Nazi uniforms looked sexy because the Nazis 'recruited' the best fashion designers in the world.

I sort of blanked out at the "Nazi uniforms looked sexy" bit.
They do...
I'm sure most people would like them more if they weren't associated with the Nazis and all the terrible things they did. But taking away the association is impossible so long as he only likes the uniforms It's fine though i guess.
Watch Starship Troopers. NPH in a pseudoGestapo uniform. Done.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35116 on: July 19, 2013, 01:43:50 am »

One of my friends was talking about how Nazi uniforms looked sexy because the Nazis 'recruited' the best fashion designers in the world.

I sort of blanked out at the "Nazi uniforms looked sexy" bit.
They do...
I'm sure most people would like them more if they weren't associated with the Nazis and all the terrible things they did. But taking away the association is impossible so long as he only likes the uniforms It's fine though i guess.
Watch Starship Troopers. NPH in a pseudoGestapo uniform. Done.
Neil Patrick Harris: Improving your uniforms since 1988. I like the uniform itself, the swastikas not so much, but if i wear one it had better DAMN well be historically accurate swastikas and all. I'm very picky about these things.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35117 on: July 19, 2013, 01:49:37 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/pink-mass-westboro-baptist-church-gay-satanists_n_3616642.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices (Link should be SFW, but contains links to another article that is not safe for work, and is labeled as such).

Satanists have a ceremony over the WBC leader's mother's grave to "turn her gay in the afterlife". I...don't have any idea what to say to that. Mostly cry inside.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35118 on: July 19, 2013, 01:51:24 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/pink-mass-westboro-baptist-church-gay-satanists_n_3616642.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices (Link should be SFW, but contains links to another article that is not safe for work, and is labeled as such).

Satanists have a ceremony over the WBC leader's mother's grave to "turn her gay in the afterlife". I...don't have any idea what to say to that. Mostly cry inside.
It's just an endless circle of horribleness isn't it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35119 on: July 19, 2013, 01:54:55 am »

I personally liked the whole Equality House thing, and thought that was a good idea, but this...this is just flat out "WTF?!" Showing them that this is the way to respond to things they don't like is not helpful at all!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35120 on: July 19, 2013, 02:00:48 am »

I personally liked the whole Equality House thing, and thought that was a good idea, but this...this is just flat out "WTF?!" Showing them that this is the way to respond to things they don't like is not helpful at all!
Had to look up Equality House because i know jackshit about news and that's OK. What the Satanists did is not, even if the WBC are assholes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35121 on: July 19, 2013, 03:20:00 am »

I had a severe lag-crash with TF2 earlier today. That's not WTF. What's WTF is when I finally forced the program to close and my background of the Ultra-Deep Field was replaced by a blue screen.

So I tried to reset it, only to find the image replaced by a generic icon. And then I tried to reset it again, and it came back perfectly.

I don't even.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35122 on: July 19, 2013, 03:23:56 am »

Primary graphics drive failed and then successfully restarted? Had that happen to me, has similar effects. Though usually it also involves screwing up your resolution.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35123 on: July 19, 2013, 03:24:14 am »

It's simple. Your computer just wanted to screw with you because computers are assholes at times. Yes even the one I'm typing on now especially the one I'm typing on.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #35124 on: July 19, 2013, 03:26:28 am »

Satanists also apparently have a surprisingly good sense of humor, who knew?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35125 on: July 19, 2013, 04:01:45 am »

I have made an observation: the noodles in cup ramen seem to be slightly thinner than those found in packaged squares. Or at least, they seem to be, going by my very recent consumption of the cup kind and my recollection of the regular kind. I have yet to do a side-by-side comparison, so this is pretty much conjecture, but it does explain why I haven't been able to replicate cup ramen in the past even when using basically the same method to cook it (granted, I used a seal-able glass container instead of a Styrofoam cup, but I doubt it made that much difference).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #35126 on: July 19, 2013, 04:41:16 am »

They're a lot thinner to be able to be instantly prepared. :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35127 on: July 19, 2013, 04:49:27 am »

seal-able glass container
This is a bit of a long shot but... Do you happen to have the aperture science glass canister mug thing?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35128 on: July 19, 2013, 04:53:15 am »

That's kinda predictable, most of them are like Pastafarians except with some occult-for-funs seasoned with a pinch of Ayn Rand.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35129 on: July 19, 2013, 05:01:58 am »

That's what you get for pissing off the entire nation.

That's kinda predictable, most of them are like Pastafarians except with some occult-for-funs seasoned with a pinch of Ayn Rand.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 2340 2341 [2342] 2343 2344 ... 11040