Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2330 2331 [2332] 2333 2334 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454666 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #34965 on: July 16, 2013, 10:20:35 pm »

So I'm reading Brisingr and...
At first Nasuada assumed he was dark-skinned, like herself, and wearing dark attire, but as he drew closer, she saw that the elf wore only a loincloth and a braided fabric belt with a small pouch attached. The rest of him was covered with midnight-blue fur that glistened with a healthy sheen under the glare of the sun. On average, the fur was a quarter-inch long—a smooth, flexible armor that mirrored the shape and movement of the underlying muscles—but on his ankles and the undersides of his forearms, it extended a full two inches, and between his shoulder blades, there was a ruffled mane that stuck out a hands breadth from his body and tapered down along his back to the base of his spine. Jagged bangs shadowed his brow, and catlike tufts sprouted from the tips of his pointed ears, but otherwise the fur on his face was so short and flat, only its color betrayed its presence. His eyes were bright yellow. Instead of fingernails, a claw protruded from each of his middle fingers. And as he slowed to a stop before her, Nasuada noticed that a certain odor surrounded him: a salty musk reminiscent of dry juniper wood, oiled leather, and smoke. It was such a strong smell, and so obviously masculine, Nasuada felt her skin go hot and cold, pheramones and such etc.

I am masochistic when it comes to reading.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34966 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:47 pm »

... it seemed to be trying so hard, right up until the "pheramones [sic] and such etc." :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34967 on: July 16, 2013, 10:33:15 pm »

... it seemed to be trying so hard, right up until the "pheramones [sic] and such etc." :-\
That part was me. :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34968 on: July 16, 2013, 10:36:14 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/23321595

Not that surprising. They saw E-sports generating income for other nations that were more quick to embrace it, and decided they wanted a piece of the pie.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34969 on: July 16, 2013, 10:45:51 pm »

Spoiler: Meanwhile... (click to show/hide)

Hmm... honestly that looks like a horror game monster.
I hope the creators of Silent Hill are taking notes.

They already created a similar monster.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34970 on: July 16, 2013, 10:51:42 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34971 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:42 pm »

Wut.
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.
IT BEGINS
MANNER VISA GLHF

Look... while you can say that videogames are not a sport in the same way that chess is not a sport (as it is a game of the mind and not the body).

The athlete visa to my knowledge would go to international chess champions as well.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34972 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:34 pm »

Wut.
WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.
Hey a sport i could actually play in! Oh who am i kidding i suck at League of Legends and couldn't dedicate myself to it anyway.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34973 on: July 16, 2013, 11:08:10 pm »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34974 on: July 16, 2013, 11:14:14 pm »

Really? You think that is wrong?
People watch these games for entertainment, players get sponsors, receive a salary, get tournament winnings, and sometimes travel to other places for higher profile games. It has everything to be a commercial 'sport', at least as far as a visa should be concerned.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34975 on: July 16, 2013, 11:17:17 pm »

People watch these games for entertainment, players get sponsors, receive a salary, get tournament winnings, and sometimes travel to other places for higher profile games. It has everything to be a commercial 'sport', at least as far as a visa should be concerned.
don't you know maxwhite

vjia is only for childman
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34976 on: July 16, 2013, 11:24:47 pm »

don't you know maxwhite

FREAKING CASUALS
VISAS FOR DWARF FORTRESS ONLY
NO CASUALS ALLOWED
GO BK 2 CANADA EZ

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #34977 on: July 16, 2013, 11:37:56 pm »

don't you know maxwhite

FREAKING CASUALS
VISAS FOR DWARF FORTRESS ONLY
NO CASUALS ALLOWED
GO BK 2 CANADA EZ
Somewhere, an incredibly hardcore gamer is shedding a tear.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34978 on: July 16, 2013, 11:40:11 pm »

Actually a DF race would be pretty interesting. First to 250 population.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34979 on: July 16, 2013, 11:40:58 pm »

So I'm reading Brisingr and...
At first Nasuada assumed he was dark-skinned, like herself, and wearing dark attire, but as he drew closer, she saw that the elf wore only a loincloth and a braided fabric belt with a small pouch attached. The rest of him was covered with midnight-blue fur that glistened with a healthy sheen under the glare of the sun. On average, the fur was a quarter-inch long—a smooth, flexible armor that mirrored the shape and movement of the underlying muscles—but on his ankles and the undersides of his forearms, it extended a full two inches, and between his shoulder blades, there was a ruffled mane that stuck out a hands breadth from his body and tapered down along his back to the base of his spine. Jagged bangs shadowed his brow, and catlike tufts sprouted from the tips of his pointed ears, but otherwise the fur on his face was so short and flat, only its color betrayed its presence. His eyes were bright yellow. Instead of fingernails, a claw protruded from each of his middle fingers. And as he slowed to a stop before her, Nasuada noticed that a certain odor surrounded him: a salty musk reminiscent of dry juniper wood, oiled leather, and smoke. It was such a strong smell, and so obviously masculine, Nasuada felt her skin go hot and cold, pheramones and such etc.

I am masochistic when it comes to reading.
I remember that book. Fortunately, the guy doesn't really play a huge role.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2330 2331 [2332] 2333 2334 ... 11040