Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2327 2328 [2329] 2330 2331 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453331 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #34920 on: July 16, 2013, 10:41:00 am »

... burp influenced by hotdogs and rootbeer tasted of... sausage. My confusion is vague but pervasive.

It's particularly weird because it tasted nothing like sausage dipped in rootbeer. Which is pretty decent. Rootbeer makes for a surprisingly solid condiment. Sodas in general, really, for meats. Less so for potatoes. Unsure about grains, fruit, and vegetables.

Point being biology is a strange, strange thing, especially when you're somewhat sleep deprived.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34921 on: July 16, 2013, 10:43:32 am »

This color has a copyright.

Source?

Here's an article on it. The article doesn't mention the particular color I used, which can only be used (in the toy business) by Mattel.

That is not a copyright. Its a trademark. Completely different animals.
Lots of spot colors are trademarked. *shrug* It really only becomes a problem when you use a color in the context of a brand. Fonts are the same way. You can get sued by Disney by using their curly "D" in your branding.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34922 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:16 am »

I think I am being haunted by mosquito ghosts.

Sometimes after a session sitting at my computer I end up with what appear to be mosquito bites on my left foot, my left side just above my waist, and sometimes my left thumbs and fingers.

Always the left side, never the right, and never anyplace but those three places.  And I never actually see any mosquitos buzzing around, nor feel a bite.

Does anyone know a brand of insect repellant that uses holy water instead of water in it's ingredient list?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34923 on: July 16, 2013, 11:26:16 am »

Does anyone know a brand of insect repellant that uses holy water instead of water in it's ingredient list?
Dude, Bless Water is a 1st level Cleric spell. (Fuck you, 4e. 3.5 forever!)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34924 on: July 16, 2013, 11:28:40 am »

I know we have at least one ordained minister of the church of mail order ordainment around here somewhere. They should be able to bless it right?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34925 on: July 16, 2013, 11:29:17 am »

It sounds more like it might not be mosquitos. Fleas or something.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34926 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:18 am »

I suppose it's possible that it could be something other than mosquitos. 

But I don't have a dog, the cat stays outside, it's a tile floor, and while the room isn't the cleanest in the house I don't quite think it qualifies as a biosphere yet.  Maybe they come from the cat, but when I'm outside giving her attention her little towel shelter is to the right of the outdoor chair.  I only get bit on the left.

Still I guess I should keep an eye out for the little buggers.  Holy water infused bugspray works just as good on normal bugs too right?   Kinda like kosher hotdogs where they have a specific purpose but they're still perfectly good hotdogs right?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34927 on: July 16, 2013, 12:48:32 pm »

Yeah, probably. I mean, there are other biting insects too, beyond mosquitos and flees.

And you could just be really bad at noticing the mozzies. (Who, to be honest, are actually pretty good at not being noticed)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34928 on: July 16, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »

I think I am being haunted by mosquito ghosts.

Sometimes after a session sitting at my computer I end up with what appear to be mosquito bites on my left foot, my left side just above my waist, and sometimes my left thumbs and fingers.

Always the left side, never the right, and never anyplace but those three places.  And I never actually see any mosquitos buzzing around, nor feel a bite.

Good lighting would easily spot mosquitos, so my bet lies on fleas or perhaps..well, fleas are the only other thing coming to mind.

Try examining the bite and how it looks along with how large it generally is and any signs of redness or depressions within the bite area. The body reacts in a general way to most bites of the same nature, and mosquito bites are really different from flea/ant bites. ;D

Because of that saliva. Annoying saliva keeping your blood from clotting and leaving them to feast on your blood. All the blood O_o

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #34929 on: July 16, 2013, 02:19:59 pm »

That troll in the Cataclysm thread is back. I thought he was gone out of sheer boredom. have literally no idea what compells a person to constantly make sockpuppets in order to post the same thing again and again. Even if he is unemployed, surely you'd give up when you see you're not having any effect?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34930 on: July 16, 2013, 02:43:48 pm »

Trolls don't go away by simply being ignored. They require swift, decisive retribution invoked against them.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34931 on: July 16, 2013, 02:48:51 pm »

The thing is, though, he's been banned at least ten times. And he won't give up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34932 on: July 16, 2013, 02:56:16 pm »

Sitting in front of a computer, constantly making new accounts to post the exact same message. Forever.

Truly a life worth living.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34933 on: July 16, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »

I think he may just be the world's meanest robot. It's not his fault, he's just following his programming.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34934 on: July 16, 2013, 03:29:57 pm »

That troll in the Cataclysm thread is back. I thought he was gone out of sheer boredom. have literally no idea what compells a person to constantly make sockpuppets in order to post the same thing again and again. Even if he is unemployed, surely you'd give up when you see you're not having any effect?
Again? Da fuq.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2327 2328 [2329] 2330 2331 ... 11040