Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 [2313] 2314 2315 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433030 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #34680 on: July 09, 2013, 10:55:34 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34681 on: July 09, 2013, 10:58:24 pm »

Those kitchen spambots are still at it. Good lord.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34682 on: July 09, 2013, 11:04:21 pm »

Those kitchen spambots are still at it. Good lord.
When i saw the Kitchenromney or whatever i thought it was somehow related to Mitt Romney, but nope just spambot spammin'.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34683 on: July 09, 2013, 11:27:16 pm »

... I approve of this living room. Zaku and huge teddy bear? This man has class. At least re: living room decoration.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34684 on: July 10, 2013, 05:06:04 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/kenyan-officials-seize-ivory-disguised-peanuts-142215226.html

I don't even. Wait, let me get this straight, you guys disguised pieces of elephants as food elephants like...? You sick bastards.

What would you disguise smuggled leather as? Grass?
Wait why would anybody want ivory pieces that small?
Unless they are actually thinking of eating them, I don't think a glued ivory tusk would look pretty.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34685 on: July 10, 2013, 05:21:51 am »

Glued together bone looks pretty enough to me. Family's got a couple of bracelets lying around that were made of cobbled together stuff. S'not ivory, of course, but bone is bone is bone, mostly.

Could also probably get fancy and do puzzlebox junk or whatev'. You could do things with piecemeal ivory. S'also probably fine with certain sorts of jewelry... beading, etc., so forth.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34686 on: July 10, 2013, 08:14:08 am »

I was watching this show "In the Heat of the Night" (may not be its actual title... that is a line in the theme song)

and two things happened
1) The theme of the episode was innocent until proven guilty: In a law show this is the equivalent of blasphemy. I still remember the law and order episode where this guy was accused of being a sex offender and the police force constantly arrested and charged him with the intent of harassing him and this was considered a good thing. I mean sure he was innocent, but the horror of that episode is "what if he was innocent? Was his treatment just?"
2) The teacher was doing a diorama with children where each one was a different planet... and he forgot Venus

How the heck do you forget Venus?

And no this wasn't an in character thing... The people who made the show forgot Venus too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:43:01 am by Neonivek »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34687 on: July 10, 2013, 09:48:02 am »

I remember that show. It had Black Detective, Bubba redneck weight lifter cop, old "i can't be racist anymore because my best cop is black" sheriff. All set in small town Mississippi that somehow had a per capita murder rate higher than New Orleans.

A much better cop show from the era was "Homicide: life on the streets", a sister show to Law and Order, The Wire, and believe it or not X-Files.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 09:49:46 am by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34688 on: July 10, 2013, 11:34:16 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/kenyan-officials-seize-ivory-disguised-peanuts-142215226.html

I don't even. Wait, let me get this straight, you guys disguised pieces of elephants as food elephants like...? You sick bastards.

What would you disguise smuggled leather as? Grass?
Wait why would anybody want ivory pieces that small?
Unless they are actually thinking of eating them, I don't think a glued ivory tusk would look pretty.
You can string them together to make necklaces for morning market.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34689 on: July 10, 2013, 11:57:04 am »

Spoiler: smooches (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34690 on: July 10, 2013, 11:59:58 am »

I remember that show. It had Black Detective, Bubba redneck weight lifter cop, old "i can't be racist anymore because my best cop is black" sheriff. All set in small town Mississippi that somehow had a per capita murder rate higher than New Orleans.

A much better cop show from the era was "Homicide: life on the streets", a sister show to Law and Order, The Wire, and believe it or not X-Files.

Yeah but it is sad when that show actually comes off as BETTER then the vast majority of law shows today.

I'd say "What happened?" but I know exactly what happened... CSI lowered the standards to dumbtarded proportions.

Also the "Bubba Redneck" mostly just has an accent but is otherwise not a stereotype and the "Black Detective" is also just black with no hard pressing racism applied to him.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:02:09 pm by Neonivek »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34691 on: July 10, 2013, 12:19:07 pm »

And suddenly, I have no problem with the complete absence of kisses in my life thus far. Thanks, Internet!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #34692 on: July 10, 2013, 12:23:45 pm »

In the Heat of the Night was a show that was based on a movie of the same name that starred Sidney Poitier that dealt with racial issues. The show only had a few "on a very special" episodes that did so as well, but it was very rare. But yes, its actually better than a lot of modern cop drama's.

Homicide: LOTS is still my favorite cop drama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide:_Life_on_the_Street

Its all downhill from there.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34693 on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:31 pm »

And suddenly, I have no problem with the complete absence of kisses in my life thus far. Thanks, Internet!
Does that person have a camera in their mouth? Was this some part of a bizarre scientific experiment, or did they just hide a camera in there and say to people "Do you want to kiss me for SCIENCE?!?"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34694 on: July 10, 2013, 12:31:12 pm »

so hey guys i'm checking out how fatal works by rolling for a character and her anal circumference roll came out with 4.213 miles (i think i broke something)

my enthusiasm has waned yet a slight positive feeling towards the game remains if only for how ridiculously complicated and over-the-top fetishist it is

i mean she could plausibly fit herself inside her own anus and i'm fairly sure this is an important combat mechanic somewhere
Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 [2313] 2314 2315 ... 11039