Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2244 2245 [2246] 2247 2248 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473177 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #33675 on: June 13, 2013, 06:25:12 pm »

IIRC being a prostitute isn't illegal in the UK.

Advertising the fact, standing in the street soliciting, living with another prostitute are all illegal. But straight up paying or accepting money in exchange for sex is fine.
Of course you would know that.
Are you implying Darkling is a Prostitute?

Anyway, help. Attempting to study for my trig regents, and all I can focus on is my stomach. It's been killing me since this morning. I eat, it doesn't go away. I don't eat, it doesn't go away. I take Antacid, Painkillers, Ranitidine, etc, to no avail. I even tried vomiting,  but I couldn't empty the stomach. I've been reduced to eating carrots because, well, I didn't eat Lunch or Dinner now.

EDIT:
Good god, again?

2013: Year of the fireball.
Jeepers Creepers, Great Balls of Fire!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #33676 on: June 13, 2013, 06:31:59 pm »

Anyway, help. Attempting to study for my trig regents, and all I can focus on is my stomach. It's been killing me since this morning. I eat, it doesn't go away. I don't eat, it doesn't go away. I take Antacid, Painkillers, Ranitidine, etc, to no avail. I even tried vomiting,  but I couldn't empty the stomach. I've been reduced to eating carrots because, well, I didn't eat Lunch or Dinner now.

Hmm. That could be your appendix. You should seriously consider checking into urgent care.

I know when mine ruptured it started off feeling like it was a stomach issue, but gradually got worse. Nothing I took initially helped at all.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33677 on: June 13, 2013, 06:37:40 pm »

Woman at work is convinced that Sandy Hook was a government hoax. As in, she believes that absolutely nothing happened, and all of the stories are photomanipulations and lies.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #33678 on: June 13, 2013, 07:08:57 pm »

IIRC being a prostitute isn't illegal in the UK.

Advertising the fact, standing in the street soliciting, living with another prostitute are all illegal. But straight up paying or accepting money in exchange for sex is fine.
Conservatives would have a fit if marriage was outlawed.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33679 on: June 13, 2013, 07:15:46 pm »

Hmm. That could be your appendix. You should seriously consider checking into urgent care.

I know when mine ruptured it started off feeling like it was a stomach issue, but gradually got worse. Nothing I took initially helped at all.
Yeah, go get that looked at.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33680 on: June 13, 2013, 07:25:17 pm »

Yeah, go get that looked at.
Press on it. If it hurts, go get it looked at. If it doesn't hurt, let go. If it hurts when you let go, it's probably your appendix. (Rebound pain is a weird thing.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33681 on: June 13, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »

Woman at work is convinced that Sandy Hook was a government hoax. As in, she believes that absolutely nothing happened, and all of the stories are photomanipulations and lies.
Spoiler: Fun with psychology (click to show/hide)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33682 on: June 13, 2013, 08:32:36 pm »

At some point, also get some friends to bump into her over the course of the day and say things like 'wake up' 'it's an illusion' and so on. Then when she turns around, they are walking as if nothing happened.
I thought about that, but it wouldn't fit into my scenario, since there is no reason for such things to happen there.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33683 on: June 13, 2013, 09:06:23 pm »

Oddly enough... I think the TV Show that actually has the best overall music is Batman the animated series.

Why the WORLD isn't there a show that gets CLOSE to challenging that title?

I mean LEAGUES ahead of any competition.

It is to the point where only anime can compete and even then only the really great animes.

Dang it I want some quality new cartoons. Enough of these Comedies.

---

MIND YOU the worst shot ever probably goes to Batman show.

I saw someone unload a full clip from a Tommy Gun at Batman, who was standing still, and missed every shot. He actually got better at shooting when Batman got further away.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:29:04 pm by Neonivek »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33684 on: June 13, 2013, 09:41:10 pm »

Sigh.. my mother watched a "documentary" on the Internet and now she's on about how Monsanto are using chemtrails to control the weather in order drive organic farmers out of business.

Now she wants me to watch it as well so I can have a "questioning mind" but I really don't feel like sitting through an hour and a half of conspiracy nuts droning on and on about their baseless claims.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #33685 on: June 13, 2013, 09:46:18 pm »

To be fair, if any conspiracy theorists have a point about something not being right, it's either the JFK assassination theorists about the CIA being evil or the Monsanto theorists about Monsanto being evil.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33686 on: June 13, 2013, 09:57:41 pm »

Monsanto being evil is less a conspiracy theory and more undeniable fact, but the chemtrails thing is just ridiculous. Especially considering that there are many, many more completely legitimate criticisms to level at Monsanto.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33687 on: June 13, 2013, 09:59:31 pm »

Now she wants me to watch it as well so I can have a "questioning mind" but I really don't feel like sitting through an hour and a half of conspiracy nuts droning on and on about their baseless claims.
Allow me to turn that confused grimace into an amused grimace.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33688 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:24 pm »

Sigh.. my mother watched a "documentary" on the Internet and now she's on about how Monsanto are using chemtrails to control the weather in order drive organic farmers out of business.

Ask her to read a Farmer's Alimac

The accuracy of those things can be freeky!

But yes often you have to watch the stupidest things in order to tell people they are being stupid.

I still remember this HILLARIOUS video where they created a conspiracy theory based around Cellphones and what have you... In that "How can they be so cheap if they get their parts from all around the world?"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:02:58 pm by Neonivek »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33689 on: June 13, 2013, 11:02:36 pm »

Ask her to read a Farmer's Alimac

The accuracy of those things can be freeky!

But yes often you have to watch the stupidest things in order to tell people they are being stupid.

I still remember this HILLARIOUS video where they created a conspiracy theory based around Cellphones and what have you... In that "How can they be so cheap if they get their parts from all around the world?"

Heh, did they judge the cost of shipping them one by one? :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 2244 2245 [2246] 2247 2248 ... 11037