Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 [2215] 2216 2217 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451215 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #33210 on: June 05, 2013, 12:07:20 pm »

Glorious.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #33211 on: June 05, 2013, 12:10:38 pm »

Also from John Stump, the String Quartet No. 556(b) in A Minor (Motoring Accident)
Spoiler: Page 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Page 2 (click to show/hide)
i can hear the music as i read that.
(sarcasm of course)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:34:40 pm by Ameablable »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33212 on: June 05, 2013, 01:29:21 pm »

So I find it kind of odd that The World Ends With You has a mechanic that actually rewards you for turning the game off and not playing it for up to a week. I don't know exactly how much PP they give you per day/hour/whatever, but I don't know why you would encourage people not to play your game. Unless it was crap, of course.

If I would have to take a guess I would assume it is an attempt to stop people selling the game back to the stores, if people don't want to resell their copy this means there are less used copies in existence so if they want to try the game they would have to buy it new.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #33213 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »

So I find it kind of odd that The World Ends With You has a mechanic that actually rewards you for turning the game off and not playing it for up to a week. I don't know exactly how much PP they give you per day/hour/whatever, but I don't know why you would encourage people not to play your game. Unless it was crap, of course.

If I would have to take a guess I would assume it is an attempt to stop people selling the game back to the stores, if people don't want to resell their copy this means there are less used copies in existence so if they want to try the game they would have to buy it new.

Considering what the game's message is, I think it was just to encourage you to go out and socialize every once and a while. Also Streetpass wasn't implemented for the plain old DS.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:40:00 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33214 on: June 05, 2013, 01:56:00 pm »

Considering what the game's message is, I think it was just to encourage you to go out and socialize every once and a while. Also Streetpass wasn't implemented for the plain old DS.
Or the DS Lite, and probably not for the DSi either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33215 on: June 05, 2013, 02:20:58 pm »

Also from John Stump, the String Quartet No. 556(b) in A Minor (Motoring Accident)
Second violin plays entirely underwater. That's hardcore.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #33216 on: June 05, 2013, 02:57:40 pm »

No, I think that's 556(a) and the group playing underwater.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33217 on: June 05, 2013, 03:03:24 pm »

Wow i actually understood something regarding music, I'm going to celebrate with cake... Never mind we have no cake.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33218 on: June 05, 2013, 03:03:43 pm »

Or the DS Lite, and probably not for the DSi either.
DSi sorta had a pass feature but wasn't mature until 3DS (i have this game and a 3DS) the game does allow you to trade buttons and other stuff even a mini game i think.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33219 on: June 05, 2013, 06:02:00 pm »

quarter note = 9

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33220 on: June 05, 2013, 06:04:11 pm »

Wow i actually understood something regarding music, I'm going to celebrate with cake... Never mind we have no cake.
Make a cake then! Metaphorical or otherwise.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33221 on: June 05, 2013, 06:07:54 pm »

googled my nick

what the fuck was going on in there i thought i were the only one using this one

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33222 on: June 05, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

This pic is so much bigger than I thought it was...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #33223 on: June 05, 2013, 06:37:36 pm »

This pic is so much bigger than I thought it was...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ftfy
there is an option to edit the size right in the img tag

has anybody been to blank.org?

its really quite creepy.
the icon says "Kill me"
and there is a tiny dot on the site that gets bigger when you click it and then leads you to random information..

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33224 on: June 05, 2013, 06:38:56 pm »

has anybody been to blank.org?

its really quite creepy.
the icon says "Kill me"
and there is a tiny dot on the site that gets bigger when you click it and then leads you to random information..
lol firewall blocked for Kid Friendly :P
Pages: 1 ... 2213 2214 [2215] 2216 2217 ... 11040