Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2208 2209 [2210] 2211 2212 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446294 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #33135 on: June 04, 2013, 06:50:22 am »

The bastard sword guy?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33136 on: June 04, 2013, 07:15:48 am »

I'll bring this up again as the obvious counterpoint, but I'd agree it was probably the Masterwork bastard sword guy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33137 on: June 04, 2013, 07:41:57 am »

My Viking Berserkers can ass-kick a Samurai unit anytime.
(On the topic of CIV)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33138 on: June 04, 2013, 07:47:37 am »

I'll bring this up again as the obvious counterpoint, but I'd agree it was probably the Masterwork bastard sword guy.
It's sort of a shame too. Civ I was so much more complex in detail, everything had encyclopedia-tier backgrounds. Now they barely get two coherent sentences for a descriptor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33139 on: June 04, 2013, 08:28:07 am »

It's sort of a shame too. Civ I was so much more complex in detail, everything had encyclopedia-tier backgrounds. Now they barely get two coherent sentences for a descriptor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That guy in the video. I like him. He explains things very straightforward.

About the gif. Hey, at least he chipped the other sword.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33140 on: June 04, 2013, 09:00:47 am »

"The Japanese samurai were arguably the best pre-gunpowder warriors since the Roman legions."

"-tilizing steel that could not be matched in Europe until hundreds of years later..."

OK GUYS

WHO DID THIS

I THOUGHT YOU KNEW YOUR HISTORY

HA HA HA HA HA
Hmm, where did you get that info? I've seen it today but I can't remember where...
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33141 on: June 04, 2013, 09:23:24 am »

I thought samurai used something closer to cattle excrement than actual steel for their swords?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33142 on: June 04, 2013, 09:39:14 am »

Well, Japan has terrible-quality iron deposits, so effectively they did. The process of making steel was mandatory for producing a blade of any significant utility.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33143 on: June 04, 2013, 10:32:10 am »

An attempt to waive my student healthcare has lead me to the discovery that my healthcare policy has, at some point, apparently vanished. Not expired. Just gone.

I'm sure fixing this is going to be loads of fun.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33145 on: June 04, 2013, 11:30:45 am »

http://intellihub.com/2013/06/03/lapd-caught-in-intense-armed-standoff-with-call-of-duty-video-game-statue/
“You see on a security camera, them looking at this panic button, looking around, discussing it, then pressing it and looking around to see what happens. And nothing happened right away,” said Bowling.

I freaking love humanity.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #33146 on: June 04, 2013, 12:03:38 pm »

http://intellihub.com/2013/06/03/lapd-caught-in-intense-armed-standoff-with-call-of-duty-video-game-statue/
“You see on a security camera, them looking at this panic button, looking around, discussing it, then pressing it and looking around to see what happens. And nothing happened right away,” said Bowling.

This is why these things need to go SILENT ALARM ACTIVATED. SILENT ALARM ACTIVATED like the one in the Kwik-E-Mart
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33147 on: June 04, 2013, 02:56:33 pm »

At least the statue was subdued before it could do any harm.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33148 on: June 04, 2013, 04:10:48 pm »

There's a dark spot to my right that appears much darker and much larger in my peripheral vision. I keep glancing over without thinking. It's annoying me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33149 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »

Trying help someone reset the password to their Google Account because she seemed to have forgotten it. First, she doesn't seem to know where the hell to go. She also seems to have not known that you don't need to append "@gmail.com" to the end of the username entry at the sign in screen(and *only* at the sign in screen). Nor does she know to not double-click every single thing on the internet(and I know more than one person who does that). Then, she has trouble with the captchas(granted, they were ridiculously impossible to read, even for me). She selects to have the reset code sent via text to her phone, and is surprised when her phone rings. She enters the code to set a new password. Then she types in the new password, but doesn't type it again in the confirm box below. Then(after it gave her the error) she types it in the confirm box, but not in the first box. After that error, she tries to type it in the first box and not the confirm box again, but managed to catch herself(with my assistance) before she hit enter.

What do you think the odds are of a law requiring a license to operate a computer being passed?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2208 2209 [2210] 2211 2212 ... 11040