Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2205 2206 [2207] 2208 2209 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449357 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #33090 on: June 03, 2013, 11:41:42 am »

I like the idea of having one species be the ancestor of every species on a planet, with visible marks to show it.

Like, if moose are the ancestor, everything has antlers! :D ANTLERS!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33091 on: June 03, 2013, 11:42:54 am »

That's how the universe will end.

also. we really failed to have any spambots for over a week? what the christ

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33092 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:56 am »

No, there have been many, many spam threads (for movie streaming sites) this last few days.
This is a blank sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33093 on: June 03, 2013, 12:31:49 pm »

The only batman who can beat Cthulhu is Adam West, who carries Bat-Great Old One repellent on his utility belt.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33094 on: June 03, 2013, 12:41:32 pm »

The only batman who can beat Cthulhu is Adam West, who carries Bat-Great Old One repellent on his utility belt.
Can't argue with that logic.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33095 on: June 03, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/rod/docs/pdf/5/2013/2013-ohio-2221.pdf

So once again from the "It has to be true, because I couldn't make this crap up," file.

A man who was very possibly high and wanting to shoplift hid from police in a dumpster. It was trash day.... He got compacted with the trash in the back of the garbage truck....

Read the case. Even if you don't understand the legalese. It's worth it.

"Ohio, pretty much, yeah...."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33096 on: June 03, 2013, 03:11:12 pm »

I am trying to take what I consider a DF modding molestone and add my first advanced interaction, but its failing pretty hard.  Ive searched here and on the wiki: my raw is practicly identical to someoffered, and in many cases I replaced my syndrome with anothers to no avail.  Maybe the arena hates me.  I only want to make crazed or opposedtolife dwarfs.

post it

EDIT: Not sure if the arena is the best avenue for exploration of loyalty-confused creatures...

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33097 on: June 03, 2013, 03:23:34 pm »

Somehow, today, I managed to get out of two assignments I was dreading.  The first was a Biology test that we were going to take last week but weren't due to various reasons.  The second is an English assignment that we were able to postpone for almost a week.  Things never turn out this well.

So once again from the "It has to be true, because I couldn't make this crap up," file.

A man who was very possibly high and wanting to shoplift hid from police in a dumpster. It was trash day.... He got compacted with the trash in the back of the garbage truck....

Only got through the first part before the legalese got to me.  This is worse then the McDonalds women.  There the women at least had some validity.  But this?  If my shaky understanding of that is true, then a trial court actually acknowledge his case had merit?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33098 on: June 03, 2013, 03:42:16 pm »

Somehow, today, I managed to get out of two assignments I was dreading.  The first was a Biology test that we were going to take last week but weren't due to various reasons.  The second is an English assignment that we were able to postpone for almost a week.  Things never turn out this well.

Only got through the first part before the legalese got to me.  This is worse then the McDonalds women.  There the women at least had some validity.  But this?  If my shaky understanding of that is true, then a trial court actually acknowledge his case had merit?

Well not exactly.

The trial court told the guy no. He appealed. The appellate (appeals) court said the trial court was right to tell him to go away.
So basically he lost in his case against the garbage truck and company twice. 

It actually isn't nuts and most lawsuits that get this far aren't. Frankly, the McDonalds hot coffee case was right. Sure, coffee is supposed to be hot, but it isn't supposed to be 190 degrees Fahrenheit. Somebody's gonna get burned from that and there was a temperature gauge so they knew it was too hot and could've just turned it down a bit.

The question is, "do they have to check and see if anybody's in there before they compact the trash?" The answer here seems to have been "no they don't." I dunno. I could see a homeless person living in a dumpster.

Zoidberg himself confesses to "living in a dumpster" in 3011, supposedly the Planet Express building dumpster.

One day there's going to be a trash compacted space lobster and then aren't you going to feel terrible?

:P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:50:08 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33099 on: June 03, 2013, 03:49:04 pm »

Well not exactly.

The trial court told the guy no. He appealed. The appellate (appeals) court said the trial court was right to tell him to go away.
So basically he lost in his case against the garbage truck and company twice. 

It actually isn't nuts and most lawsuits that get this far aren't. Frankly, the McDonalds hot coffee case was right. Sure, coffee is supposed to be hot, but it isn't supposed to be 190 degrees Fahrenheit. Somebody's gonna get burned from that and there was a temperature gauge so they knew it was too hot and could've just turned it down a bit.

The question is, "do they have to check and see if anybody's in there before they compact the trash?" The answer here seems to have been "no they don't." I dunno. I could see a homeless person living in a dumpster.

Zoidberg himself confesses to "living in a dumpster" in 3011, supposedly the Planet Express building dumpster.

One day there's going to be a trash compacted space lobster and then aren't you going to feel terrible?

:P
Of course I'd feel terrible.  That's some good lobster that I'll be missing out on. 
For some reason I thought it said that the trial court approved it or something. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33100 on: June 03, 2013, 03:50:48 pm »

Of course I'd feel terrible.  That's some good lobster that I'll be missing out on. 
For some reason I thought it said that the trial court approved it or something. 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:52:40 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #33101 on: June 03, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »

Hey, mother Nature. Can I ask you for something? QUIT IT WITH THE WEATHER. First Storms for a week, then the hottest weather all year for a week, then more storms, Consider, maybe, mixing it up a little?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33102 on: June 03, 2013, 05:21:12 pm »

So I start to draw something on paper, being extra careful about it, when I want to erase something. Guess what! My eraser's wet for reasons I don't know, damaging the paper so that I can't draw on it and have to flip to a new page!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33103 on: June 03, 2013, 05:35:03 pm »

Ate some pizza that was about 2 weeks old. Currently not doubled over in severe pain. Interesting.

Watched Resident Evil: retribution the other day.

I just realised they break the laws of physics. At the end...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you've played Resident Evil 4, that's already done with the Regenerators. It's explained in a file that they have such metabolism that they can basically regenerate from anything but a direct hit with a large explosive(rocket launcher or grenade), although the Chicago Typewriter can kill them with enough dakka.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33104 on: June 03, 2013, 05:44:49 pm »

I just realized something stupid about other people in my school. They use tons of curses in their conversations, and yet they seem surprised when a teacher or someone included in a lesson somehow says a curse.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 2205 2206 [2207] 2208 2209 ... 11040