Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451156 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #33045 on: June 01, 2013, 09:04:58 pm »

May be alcohol anyway. From what I recall, pouring out a small measure of booze or setting some aside for the deceased is a pretty old tradition.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33046 on: June 01, 2013, 09:09:50 pm »

Man After Man stuff
I always much preferred After Man: A Zoology of the Future. Focused on animals instead of humans, and while still outlandish had a lot less of the nutty stuff like the genetic memory and ESP from Man After Man. Also it's written more like a fieldbook or something rather than a narrative.

Also the Rabbucks and Predator Rats look cool, and I've always loved these guys, who look a bit like a Pokémon out of your nightmares. There was also a penguin that was also a whale, and a whole island of bats gone horribly wrong.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #33047 on: June 01, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »

I personally have many fond memories of Expedition:Being an Account in Words and Artwork of the 2358 A.D. Voyage to Darwin IV. It's perhaps better known as the source material for the Discovery Channel special Alien Planet.

My favorites from it are the Groveback the Rimerunner, and of course the Emperor Sea Strider.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:59:27 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33048 on: June 01, 2013, 09:57:04 pm »

Huh. I could have sworn that the lamp near me came on, just for a brief instant. No sign of it coming back though, so probably just my imagination.
he
he
he
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33049 on: June 01, 2013, 10:01:21 pm »

The lights (and everything else, for that matter) have come back. Awesomesauce.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33050 on: June 01, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »

Man After Man stuff
I always much preferred After Man: A Zoology of the Future. Focused on animals instead of humans, and while still outlandish had a lot less of the nutty stuff like the genetic memory and ESP from Man After Man. Also it's written more like a fieldbook or something rather than a narrative.

Also the Rabbucks and Predator Rats look cool, and I've always loved these guys, who look a bit like a Pokémon out of your nightmares. There was also a penguin that was also a whale, and a whole island of bats gone horribly wrong.

I remember that book! I was always terrified of the bat-ostrich things, though.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33051 on: June 01, 2013, 11:09:30 pm »

I am trying to take what I consider a DF modding molestone and add my first advanced interaction, but its failing pretty hard.  Ive searched here and on the wiki: my raw is practicly identical to someoffered, and in many cases I replaced my syndrome with anothers to no avail.  Maybe the arena hates me.  I only want to make crazed or opposedtolife dwarfs.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33052 on: June 01, 2013, 11:36:19 pm »

According to my TI-84SE
pi=104348/33215
and
3, 255, 257, 3855, 21845, 19611, 1114129, 16711935, 16843009, and 1431655765 are the odd factors of 2^32. Note that the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, and 10th numbers are all multiples of 5 but 5 is not listed as an odd factor.

It's completely wrong. I asked it to do some math that required more precision than it could handle.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33053 on: June 01, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »

I personally have many fond memories of Expedition:Being an Account in Words and Artwork of the 2358 A.D. Voyage to Darwin IV. It's perhaps better known as the inspiration for the Discovery Planet special Alien Planet.

My favorites from it are the Groveback the Rimerunner, and of course the Emperor Sea Strider.
Your first link doesn't actually lead to anything.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33054 on: June 01, 2013, 11:46:54 pm »

I keep seeing typos, but when I look away, they fix themselves! Then turned into than where than was required!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #33055 on: June 01, 2013, 11:58:11 pm »

I personally have many fond memories of Expedition:Being an Account in Words and Artwork of the 2358 A.D. Voyage to Darwin IV. It's perhaps better known as the inspiration for the Discovery Planet special Alien Planet.

Your first link doesn't actually lead to anything.

Fixed
It's FEF, not FEOF

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33056 on: June 02, 2013, 12:28:14 am »

I just got sent this video.
Science is awesome.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33057 on: June 02, 2013, 12:43:34 am »

I just got sent this video.
Science is awesome.
Chemistry deserves all the WTFs sometimes
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #33058 on: June 02, 2013, 01:27:33 am »

So one of my best friends while I was at the pool told me... Well I'm not exactly sure what she was trying to tell me.
Apparently she has some kind of ghost boyfriend that was an aquatic alien in a past life and she's having a wedding party to celebrate their wedding in their past life together...

I asked if this was a roleplay thing, but she told me this was something she believed deep down in the pit of her soul, and that this person had been haunting her for a long time now.

Oh, and apparently it's going to be a pokemon themed party.

This was one of the best things I've ever read on the internet.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #33059 on: June 02, 2013, 01:37:11 am »

So one of my best friends while I was at the pool told me... Well I'm not exactly sure what she was trying to tell me.
Apparently she has some kind of ghost boyfriend that was an aquatic alien in a past life and she's having a wedding party to celebrate their wedding in their past life together...

I asked if this was a roleplay thing, but she told me this was something she believed deep down in the pit of her soul, and that this person had been haunting her for a long time now.

Oh, and apparently it's going to be a pokemon themed party.

This was one of the best things I've ever read on the internet.
That seems to be a similar level of crazy to a story I heard from someone about one of their previous girlfriends. There are people out there who really are that crazy. Just be glad there doesn't seem to be any extreme paranoia associated with it, as there was with the story I heard.
Pages: 1 ... 2202 2203 [2204] 2205 2206 ... 11040