Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 [2187] 2188 2189 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465250 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32790 on: May 28, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »

Curiousity the cube was just a big ad for their next game.
How did I miss the upset over that?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32791 on: May 28, 2013, 05:31:48 pm »

Last week, there was a (slightly publicized) incident where police were called in because a (black) man was threatening his girlfriend with a shotgun. He ended up being shot by police, who subsequently searched his home. It turned out that the shotgun was not loaded. Everyone black that I've heard discussing the incident is absolutely certain that it was outright murder by corrupt cops who wanted to rob the man, and they searched his home because they were trying to cover their ass.

This makes some sense, because there's a clear, easily visible, difference between a loaded gun and an unloaded one, and it's perfectly reasonable to threaten someone with an unloaded weapon in an argument. [/sarcasm].
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #32792 on: May 28, 2013, 06:09:01 pm »

Just now, local news (Texas, by the way): "blah blah bill passed requiring Africans.... er... Applicants to undergo drug testing for unemployment benefits"
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32793 on: May 28, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »

hehehe.

Just because it's Texas, we know it was actually 10x as racist as it already sounds.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32794 on: May 28, 2013, 06:22:34 pm »

Just now, local news (Texas, by the way): "blah blah bill passed requiring Africans.... er... Applicants to undergo drug testing for unemployment benefits"
'The "urban" drug testing bill. Coming to a town near you.'

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32795 on: May 28, 2013, 06:26:19 pm »

So they don't require you to be drug tested right now?  Seriously?
Was it the newscaster messing up or does the bill actually state that?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32796 on: May 28, 2013, 06:49:08 pm »

Looks like honesty slipped out...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32797 on: May 28, 2013, 06:52:19 pm »

I'm all for unemployment benefits requiring a clean drug test.  With a couple conditions.

** When they say everyone they must mean EVERYONE, no random testing bullshit.  If it's random, even if it's decided by some computer on the moon, people are still going to claim bias.  It must be EVERYONE.

** It must be repeated over a reasonable time.  No being clean for the first test and spending the rest of the time high as a kite on the system.

** Any prescription drugs found must have some kind of proof of a prescription. 

** Legal mind altering recreational drugs (booze, weed, etc) do not disqualify, but must be at minimal levels.  The drug test should be treated like an interview, if the applicant would go to one drunk or high, even on legal drugs, they probably would do the same for an actual interview.

I've gone to unemployment offices before, mostly because the one nearby had some useful resources for job hunters.  But I've always seen people waiting that were obviously not all there.  Pissed me off that those people were getting benefits while I couldn't because I was fired during the job's probationary period.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32798 on: May 28, 2013, 07:20:18 pm »

I'd rather not peoples food-money be decided by moralizing bureaucrats and politicians. And would much rather a non-means-testing basic income guarantee.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #32799 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

Its been proven that drug testing for welfare costs more than it saves anyway, apparently the extremely poor use drugs at a much much lower rate than the average American.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32800 on: May 28, 2013, 07:26:01 pm »

You can hardly buy drugs if you have no money.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32801 on: May 28, 2013, 07:28:29 pm »

You can hardly buy drugs if you have no money.
This... This is not true.

Its been proven that drug testing for welfare costs more than it saves anyway, apparently the extremely poor use drugs at a much much lower rate than the average American.
In Florida, don't they have that one couple who get payed $176M for running the tests, payed by the state? Sounds fishy, not just on a hateful level.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #32802 on: May 28, 2013, 07:33:01 pm »

In Florida, don't they have that one couple who get payed $176M for running the tests, payed by the state? Sounds fishy, not just on a hateful level.

Oh really? Please point me to the govt moneys.  I am a certified drug tester (or was recently anyways).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32803 on: May 28, 2013, 07:45:13 pm »

It's only for the ones in charge of the testers, and only if they have close friends in the state government. Remember that we are talking about Florida here.

I'm all for unemployment benefits requiring a clean drug test.  [...] Pissed me off that those people were getting benefits while I couldn't because I was fired during the job's probationary period.
So you're pissed off that you screwed up in a way other people didn't, and that they're doing something you dislike and getting away with it, so you're all for them not being allowed to eat or feed their children?

Son, I think you've got a bit of a superiority complex going here. It's not healthy to stride around being certain you're better than people who all signs indicate are probably less well off than you are.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32804 on: May 28, 2013, 08:57:20 pm »

Just finished watchin through a LP of Bioshock: Infinite... That ending man, seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 [2187] 2188 2189 ... 11037