Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2169 2170 [2171] 2172 2173 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474058 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32550 on: May 24, 2013, 01:42:25 pm »

Just use up all the hot water before he can get to it. It's the perfect solution.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #32551 on: May 24, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »

In this age, the court sealing it at age 18 is meaningless as the information will already have been downloaded into a dozen databases for use in future extortion attempts by corporations that publish criminal records and mugshots, but for a "reasonable fee they will delete their copy (but not the copies they have sold to a dozen shell corporations with the same MO).
Do you realize you sound like a conspiracy theorist? Seriously.

I am getting pretty damn sick of people arguing about politics. That surprising as I fucking love politics. And I am tired of it.

This isn't politics. It isn't a conspiracy theory. there are websites literally dedicated to doing exactly this. They publish mugshots and arrest records and allow you to remove your published record for a fee.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32552 on: May 24, 2013, 02:01:15 pm »

Do you realize you sound like a conspiracy theorist? Seriously.
Why? Saying something outside of your comfort zone doesn't even barely qualify it to belonging in the realm of implausibility. Secondly, why would something being a conspiracy render it untrue? A conspiracy is literally a secret plan; a conspiracy theory a theory about a secret plan.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32553 on: May 24, 2013, 02:39:39 pm »

So the annoying roommate has turned on the water heater again. He had two 20 minute baths yesterday which wasted a whole tub of hot water. I know that he's dirty and stinks because he doesn't buy toilet paper and can't wipe properly because of that, but fuck man, you're going to dissolve if you keep it up like this, worse yet, our already high-ish bills are going to get even higher, and we're the ones who pay two thirds of them you greedy little fucker.

Have you talked to him about this?

Not really, not on good terms with him, and how would one even bring up a matter of personal hygene up, I mean seriously, just say "I know you stink sometimes and like to keep yourself clean, but you gotta do it less"

Worse yet is that the other roommate is too nice and doesn't care much about this so it'd end up with me sounding like a whiny bitch or something :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32554 on: May 24, 2013, 03:17:29 pm »

So the annoying roommate has turned on the water heater again. He had two 20 minute baths yesterday which wasted a whole tub of hot water. I know that he's dirty and stinks because he doesn't buy toilet paper and can't wipe properly because of that, but fuck man, you're going to dissolve if you keep it up like this, worse yet, our already high-ish bills are going to get even higher, and we're the ones who pay two thirds of them you greedy little fucker.

Have you talked to him about this?

Not really, not on good terms with him, and how would one even bring up a matter of personal hygene up, I mean seriously, just say "I know you stink sometimes and like to keep yourself clean, but you gotta do it less"

Worse yet is that the other roommate is too nice and doesn't care much about this so it'd end up with me sounding like a whiny bitch or something :C
still, i wouldn't want to live near a pig let alone sleep near one.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32555 on: May 24, 2013, 03:56:57 pm »

Wait Wat
Fuck
Pop tarts
Da fuq
I mean I lived in NC a while ago and ... actually it's what I'd expect from them
Never mind
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32556 on: May 24, 2013, 08:25:52 pm »

My mom got a postcard telling her to RSVP "Founder's Champagne Brunch". Cheapest price for an individual ticket is $200 dollars, but there are options for Silver, Gold, and even Platinum Tables! (Which is up to $10,000 dollars!)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32557 on: May 24, 2013, 08:35:32 pm »

You should repost that in the decadence thread
It's FEF, not FEOF

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32558 on: May 24, 2013, 10:40:55 pm »

I'm really sick of any accusation of immoral behavior on the part of a business or government being considered fair game for labeling as "conspiracy theory", by people who don't even bother to do a few minutes of research first.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32559 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:22 pm »

7.67 GB of data in my recycle bin.

Well, that's another 7.67 GB of data free for use!
I know someone who has probably never emptied their recycle bin. I've deduced this because it had something like 500,000 files in it which totaled up to about 20 GB. I helped them out by emptying half of it while they weren't looking. :3
Also I may have gotten the numbers wrong. All I remember is the approximate amount of space the recycle bin was taking up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32560 on: May 24, 2013, 10:57:41 pm »

People use their recycling bins? O_o

I usually just delete the files.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32561 on: May 24, 2013, 11:45:53 pm »

I use it for things that I might possibly need in the near future if I screw up somehow.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32562 on: May 25, 2013, 12:07:16 am »

I use it for things that I might possibly need in the near future if I screw up somehow.

If I think I might need it, I don't delete it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32563 on: May 25, 2013, 12:08:24 am »

If I think I might need it, I don't delete it.
This.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32564 on: May 25, 2013, 12:47:17 am »

I keep things until I need the hard drive space. Only a handful of times have I needed to recover some files, but that's still enough for the minor bother of emptying it every few months to be worth it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2169 2170 [2171] 2172 2173 ... 11037