Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474223 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32535 on: May 24, 2013, 02:03:30 am »

I don't think there will be much overlap with the existing content.

Amazon Publishing has secured licenses from Warner Bros. Television Group's Alloy Entertainment for Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, and The Vampire Diaries...

I seriously doubt that they could swing licenses for everything out there, or even the majority of it. And if they did, what, the people who already read it for free are going to willingly start paying for a new, inferior service? Because let's be honest, if it takes off there will almost certainly be DRM. Even if they start pulling blatantly illegal legalistic bullshit to try to shut down places like ff.net, has that stopped the distribution of pirated musics, games, or films (all of which are, personal ethics aside, actually illegal)?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32536 on: May 24, 2013, 06:42:36 am »

North Carolina woman has her son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts.

Way to go for ruining your son's life by giving him a criminal record ::).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32537 on: May 24, 2013, 06:44:55 am »

That goes beyond disgusting, it's just plain weird.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32538 on: May 24, 2013, 06:52:29 am »

I'm imagining an incredibly fat mother becoming irate over stolen pop-tarts...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32539 on: May 24, 2013, 08:48:34 am »

This will either be hilariously terrible, or rather interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32541 on: May 24, 2013, 09:13:15 am »

Eh. I'm not always going to spot everything, I don't tend to play rogue. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32542 on: May 24, 2013, 09:16:51 am »

Heh. Everyone without detect monsters wants some ranks in spot. Sometimes even them, nondetection is a thing. Nothing like a cranquin sneak attack to ruin your day.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32543 on: May 24, 2013, 11:22:21 am »

Collect calls from the jail are just .... They're what they are....
After about 30 seconds of crap because this call is costing me money....

"Larry.... Larry.... Larry.... Larry. Larry they're recording this call.... Don't talk about the case Larry.... Didn't ya hear what I said, the god damn prosecution is listenin' to this call.... O, yup, they're gonna use that one against you, and Chris, because I know you listen to these, you're ugly.... Larry.... Larry! Larry you need to stop talkin' I'll visit you on Tuesday.... Larry...! Larry...! Larry stop sayin' .... Larry, you poor dumb bastard, you ain't got the brains god gave a field mouse.... Larry.... Larry.... SHUT THE FUCK UP LARRY! .... You're just gonna keep right on goin' aren't ya? Bye Larry, see ya Tuesday...." [click]

I will never understand people being worried about telling suspects they have the right to remain silent. They will never be smart enough to use it.

North Carolina woman has her son arrested for stealing her Pop-Tarts.

Way to go for ruining your son's life by giving him a criminal record ::).

Uh, I dunno anything about Carolina, North South or otherwise, but don't you have a duty to support your juvenile childrenseses? I'm pretty sure I'm on several abuse neglect and dependency cases from people not feeding their childrenses. I dunno man. This just looks pretty dumb.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:30:27 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32544 on: May 24, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

Its a misdemeanor. That means at 18 it is sealed in a folder somewhere and can only be looked at by order of a court. This applies for everything that is not a felony.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #32545 on: May 24, 2013, 12:09:11 pm »

Its a misdemeanor. That means at 18 it is sealed in a folder somewhere and can only be looked at by order of a court. This applies for everything that is not a felony.

In this age, the court sealing it at age 18 is meaningless as the information will already have been downloaded into a dozen databases for use in future extortion attempts by corporations that publish criminal records and mugshots, but for a "reasonable fee they will delete their copy (but not the copies they have sold to a dozen shell corporations with the same MO).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32546 on: May 24, 2013, 01:02:44 pm »

So the annoying roommate has turned on the water heater again. He had two 20 minute baths yesterday which wasted a whole tub of hot water. I know that he's dirty and stinks because he doesn't buy toilet paper and can't wipe properly because of that, but fuck man, you're going to dissolve if you keep it up like this, worse yet, our already high-ish bills are going to get even higher, and we're the ones who pay two thirds of them you greedy little fucker.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32547 on: May 24, 2013, 01:07:31 pm »

So the annoying roommate has turned on the water heater again. He had two 20 minute baths yesterday which wasted a whole tub of hot water. I know that he's dirty and stinks because he doesn't buy toilet paper and can't wipe properly because of that, but fuck man, you're going to dissolve if you keep it up like this, worse yet, our already high-ish bills are going to get even higher, and we're the ones who pay two thirds of them you greedy little fucker.

Have you talked to him about this?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32548 on: May 24, 2013, 01:13:24 pm »

In this age, the court sealing it at age 18 is meaningless as the information will already have been downloaded into a dozen databases for use in future extortion attempts by corporations that publish criminal records and mugshots, but for a "reasonable fee they will delete their copy (but not the copies they have sold to a dozen shell corporations with the same MO).
Do you realize you sound like a conspiracy theorist? Seriously.

I am getting pretty damn sick of people arguing about politics. That surprising as I fucking love politics. And I am tired of it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32549 on: May 24, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »

You have bath.

Why are you complaining D:? Just kill the guy and be done with it.
Pages: 1 ... 2168 2169 [2170] 2171 2172 ... 11037