Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478129 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32490 on: May 23, 2013, 03:08:04 pm »

So the roommate I despise got up before me, and filled a bath. He then spent some fiteen to twenty minutes before getting out of it and leaving after getting ready.

Now there's no hot water for me to take a shower. Besides being ragey a bit I'm overwhelmed by a feeling of confusion, how can anyone be so blissfully wasteful that they waste so much water on what could've been done just as easily with a shower. It's like, he doesn't even pay the bills, or lives alone with all the money in the world.

Also even wierder, he's a cheap fuck who doesn't buy toilet paper. Let's just say there's always some piece of a notebook or some copy paper with math or something on it in the bathroom.
What the hell when i take a shower i can finish in about 3 minutes and i don't think there's anybody i know who would take a 20 minute bath. And wiping with notebook paper not only sounds disgusting but painful.

I can spend forever in a bath if I have something to think about
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32491 on: May 23, 2013, 03:09:57 pm »

So the roommate I despise got up before me, and filled a bath. He then spent some fiteen to twenty minutes before getting out of it and leaving after getting ready.

Now there's no hot water for me to take a shower. Besides being ragey a bit I'm overwhelmed by a feeling of confusion, how can anyone be so blissfully wasteful that they waste so much water on what could've been done just as easily with a shower. It's like, he doesn't even pay the bills, or lives alone with all the money in the world.

Also even wierder, he's a cheap fuck who doesn't buy toilet paper. Let's just say there's always some piece of a notebook or some copy paper with math or something on it in the bathroom.
What the hell when i take a shower i can finish in about 3 minutes and i don't think there's anybody i know who would take a 20 minute bath. And wiping with notebook paper not only sounds disgusting but painful.

I can spend forever in a bath if I have something to think about
I could probably but not if other people have to take a shower/bath too.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32492 on: May 23, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »

I shower merely to get clan. I bathe to soothe my soul.
So yeah, I can spend a long time in bath.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32493 on: May 23, 2013, 03:10:47 pm »

... IT SAYS THAT AS THE FIRST NON-HEADER LINE OF THE PAGE. DRAG AND DROP.
How would one go about doing that IF THE FAVORITES BAR CLOSES WHEN YOU CLICK OUT OF IT?!
DRAG that shit ONTO the bit that OPENS the FAVOURITES BAR. The FAVOURITES BAR should OPEN when you HOLD your mouse OVER IT while DRAGGING what it tells you to DRAG.

And then you drop it into your favouites like a SANE PERSON that doesn't ABUSE CAPITAL LETTERS FOR NO ADEQUATE REASON.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32494 on: May 23, 2013, 03:11:32 pm »

I could probably but not if other people have to take a shower/bath too.

Yeah it is pretty dickish to do it when other people are waiting
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32495 on: May 23, 2013, 03:12:14 pm »

... IT SAYS THAT AS THE FIRST NON-HEADER LINE OF THE PAGE. DRAG AND DROP.
How would one go about doing that IF THE FAVORITES BAR CLOSES WHEN YOU CLICK OUT OF IT?!
DRAG that shit ONTO the bit that OPENS the FAVOURITES BAR. The FAVOURITES BAR should OPEN when you HOLD your mouse OVER IT while DRAGGING what it tells you to DRAG.

And then you drop it into your favouites like a SANE PERSON that doesn't ABUSE CAPITAL LETTERS FOR NO ADEQUATE REASON.
IT'S NOT WORKING!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32496 on: May 23, 2013, 03:13:34 pm »

It's minorly inconsiderate, but nothing to get worked up over. Talk to them about it so they don't do it again.

If they're unwilling to talk, well, that certainly is a serious crime. Not talking about being inconsiderate >>>>>> being inconsiderate.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32497 on: May 23, 2013, 03:14:41 pm »

there's no hot water for me to take a shower. Besides being ragey a bit I'm overwhelmed by a feeling of confusion, how can anyone be so blissfully wasteful that they waste so much water on what could've been done just as easily with a shower. It's like, he doesn't even pay the bills, or lives alone with all the money in the world.

Yeah, let's be honest, any decent bath is going to be AT LEAST 20 minutes.

Do you actually live somewhere where a bath is expensive? Because here, that's maybe 25-50 cents worth of water and heat, assuming you have a pretty terrible heating system. And a good bath is WELL worth a quarter or two.

Especially considering a 5-minute shower costs from 15-30 cents. If you normally take ten minute showers, and I know many people who do, a bath is almost always cheaper than letting all that water run down the drain.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #32498 on: May 23, 2013, 03:18:59 pm »

Mwhaahahahahah. Water is free for me! I have a well.
Heat is also super cheap for me. I have an outdoor wood furnace

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32499 on: May 23, 2013, 04:18:04 pm »

Opportunity cost, bub. Labor is money. Unless you've somehow rigged a system to do all the moving and heating of water for you, and in that case you've got initial installation investiture and continued operating costs. It's entirely likely you're paying as much or more than those using other systems of water acquisition and heating.

Also, if you've got a well, you're pulling from the aquifer. Not really free. And wood furnace... ach. I'm not sure what the harvesting/utilization costs are for wood burning but I'd imagine there's probably a reason we don't do it much anymore :P

Free... doesn't actually exist. There's only the presence of lack of particular costs, not the lack of costs entirely. Dadadada economics daaa.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #32500 on: May 23, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »

Well our water is heated by the fire.
Its moved to our house through an electronic pump.
Wood for the furnace is about 300 for the whole year for us.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32501 on: May 23, 2013, 04:36:59 pm »

Wood is a terrible fuel. It's dirty and not nearly as energy dense as even low-grade coal. About the only advantage it has is that you can grow more wood relatively quickly, but coal takes a long time to make.

300 what?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32502 on: May 23, 2013, 04:38:35 pm »

Wood is a terrible fuel. It's dirty and not nearly as energy dense as even low-grade coal. About the only advantage it has is that you can grow more wood relatively quickly, but coal takes a long time to make.

300 what?
trees

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #32503 on: May 23, 2013, 04:39:19 pm »

No 300 dollars. Not nearly 300 trees...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32504 on: May 23, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »

isn't wood pellets considered the most efficient wood burning fuel?
Pages: 1 ... 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 ... 11037