Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2159 2160 [2161] 2162 2163 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478773 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32400 on: May 21, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »

I've noticed.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32403 on: May 21, 2013, 05:54:03 pm »

I'm not subscribed to SexualLobster?
How can this be? I pretty much constantly have a tab open on one of his videos.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32404 on: May 21, 2013, 06:24:24 pm »

It's weird how exactly when I was thinking about a Game of Thrones animated video, low and behold a Game of Thrones animated video appeared. If only I knew the consquences of such a wish. And if only I knew I got one free wish this particular moment. I think I just wasted my life's wish on a Game of Thrones vid.

Anyway, it's surprisingly catchy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32405 on: May 21, 2013, 11:50:57 pm »

Reading up on the XBox One reveals today.

Do not understand what's supposed to be exciting about most of this stuff.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #32406 on: May 21, 2013, 11:58:20 pm »

It's not suppose to make you excited, it's suppose to make you feel a deep sense of regret and despair. Or at least that's how I felt.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32407 on: May 22, 2013, 12:06:02 am »

It's not suppose to make you excited, it's suppose to make you feel a deep sense of regret and despair. Or at least that's how I felt.

Not sure I understand.

Well, I can be excited by one thing, at least.  Games that are not PC exclusive will no longer be forced to design for 7 or 8 year old hardware.  We'll finally be able to see the potential that standard entry-level gaming PCs had already attained a year or two ago.  That will be cool for a while.  Until it's several years later, and we're still stuck there.

But seriously, like 1/3 of this announcement seems like it could be summarized as "You'll be able to watch tv more conveniently, because THAT IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:09:14 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #32409 on: May 22, 2013, 01:30:34 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32410 on: May 22, 2013, 03:39:33 am »

I think my cat is running around outside chasing a dying bird. Or the other cat carrying the dying bird

At least, I hope it's the cat chasing the bird, not the cat being mauled by an angry bird. Definitely sounds like a bird screaming, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32411 on: May 22, 2013, 04:06:14 am »

Let me guess: Bird is hopping around, not quite able to fly?

Odds are it's a juvinile bird, recently fledged from the nest, and in the process of learning how to fly. The bird rescue I volunteer for gets close to 5 cases like this in our city every day, where people thought the bird was injured, but it was really just spending a few days practicing before it was good enough to get back into the trees again... and since flight is their only defense mechanism, this is an incredibly dangerous time to be a bird.

You might want to do the birds a favor, and keep the cat inside for the next few days, if not the next few months. Cat predation of songbirds is a pretty serious conservation concern; cats aren't native predators, and nestling and fledgeling birds are easy prey for them, which means the next generation of songbirds gets decimated by outdoor cats this time of year.

Songbirds are already under federal protection, but cats are driving many bird species toward extinction. A local study found that outdoor cats kill a bird a week on average, or 10 birds per outdoor cat, over the course of a breeding season. Doesn't seem like much, but when you add up the number of outdoor domestic cats, we see about 3.7 Billion dead songbirds every year. It's not the cats fault; they're just doing what they were born to do... but as stewards of our local environments, keeping them indoors during Spring is a simple thing we can do to help.

</EcologyMode>
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:15:48 am by Solifuge »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32412 on: May 22, 2013, 05:55:37 am »

I honestly don't appreciate being lectured about any supposed wrongdoings of mine in allowing pets to remain outside whenever they please. Honestly, that felt kind of rude and condescending to me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32413 on: May 22, 2013, 06:06:01 am »

... I'unno, unless Soli's pre-edit had a wildly different tone, that was more informative than anything approaching rude. Not so much lecturing about supposed wrongdoings as informing of consequences (many dead birds) of actions (letting cats you claim stewardship over roam freely during a particular period) and a fairly simple way of mitigating said consequences (keep the little critters from free roaming for a few months).

Now, if you see those consequences as wrongdoing, well...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32414 on: May 22, 2013, 09:42:08 am »

If you live in an area with more roads than open space (like my parents do), then letting the cat outside is also dangerous to itself as well as the birds.

Needless to say it irritates me a bit that they do.

Don't be irresponsible. Keep domesticated cats indoors.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:44:02 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2159 2160 [2161] 2162 2163 ... 11037