Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2148 2149 [2150] 2151 2152 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430517 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32235 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:35 am »

http://www.newsnet5.com//dpp/lifestyle/study-finds-ohioans-use-more-profanity-than-any-other-state-in-us-also-among-the-least-courteous

Pretty much, yes. I often go out of my way to say please and thank you, perhaps too much. This is seen as me being weak. [shrugs].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32236 on: May 17, 2013, 09:43:31 am »

http://www.newsnet5.com//dpp/lifestyle/study-finds-ohioans-use-more-profanity-than-any-other-state-in-us-also-among-the-least-courteous

Pretty much, yes. I often go out of my way to say please and thank you, perhaps too much. This is seen as me being weak. [shrugs].
Ohioans respond: "Yeah? Well fuck you, Mr. 'I'm-going-to-study-state-fuckin'-profanity-habits.' Asshole."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #32237 on: May 17, 2013, 09:45:26 am »

And you're that much more awesome for it.  Bowing to their pressures would be weakness.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #32238 on: May 17, 2013, 11:19:30 am »

... am I the only one who finds the Game of Thrones torturer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
hilarious in a psychopathic way? I can't help but laugh my ass off every time he bursts in with his little trumpet
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #32239 on: May 17, 2013, 11:32:27 am »

do you remember hatchet kai? that "homefree" guy who got on the news for hatcheting a guy who was on a murderous rampage? he killed another person in new york, and is on his way to jail.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32240 on: May 17, 2013, 12:17:37 pm »

do you remember hatchet kai? that "homefree" guy who got on the news for hatcheting a guy who was on a murderous rampage? he killed another person in new york, and is on his way to jail.
Straight outta Dogtown, straight up to Sing Sing?

C'mon bra', why'd ya have to be like that? Totally harshing my mellow, dawg.

"They met, an unlikely pair, in Times Square last Saturday night.

"One, a 73-year-old partner in a Rahway law firm and member of his hometown's Chamber of Commerce, the other a 24-year-old itinerant with long hair and a penchant for upturning convention that had landed him a minor internet presence.

"Their rendezvous, most of it later spent in and around Joseph Galfy Jr.'s ranch-style house on Starlite Drive in Clark, would last about 24 hours, until sometime Sunday evening when, authorities said, their encounter turned violent after a sexual tryst."

Oh. Erm.
Awwwwwkward.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #32242 on: May 17, 2013, 12:48:19 pm »

I... but... that... what.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32243 on: May 17, 2013, 12:49:45 pm »

Ohio seriously beat out New York? I always sort of associated New York as the land of excessively bad attitudes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32244 on: May 17, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

Meet your one true love, free from the liberal conspiracy of decent visual design.
Poe's law much?
I really can't tell with this. On the one hand it is absurd as a concept, but there's no clear giveaways of it being a parody.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #32246 on: May 17, 2013, 12:52:03 pm »

Meet your one true love, free from the liberal conspiracy of decent visual design.
Poe's law much?
I really can't tell with this. On the one hand it is absurd as a concept, but there's no clear giveaways of it being a parody.

I found it from a thread elsewhere made by the guy who designed it. Alas, it is real, and the client originally wanted to add such decorations as...well, I'll let the OP say it in his own words...

He liked it, but wanted to start adding things like a photo of George & Martha Washington with speech bubbles saying things like "Liberals can't help it, they have mental disorders."

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32247 on: May 17, 2013, 12:55:05 pm »

I'm tempted to set up a profile there and call everyone a dirty sinner for taking part in such ungodly activities as "dating". Arranged marriages only!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32248 on: May 17, 2013, 12:55:45 pm »

Wait, you can be a man searching for a man? Or a woman searching a woman?

Surely a site this absurdly conservative would restrict it to heterosexual relationships only?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32249 on: May 17, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »

Err. You can be a bisexual Martian who practices voodoo.

I think it's fake :P
Pages: 1 ... 2148 2149 [2150] 2151 2152 ... 11039