Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2124 2125 [2126] 2127 2128 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450590 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #31875 on: May 09, 2013, 01:26:38 am »

OCRemix's upcoming 5-disc FF6 album, which is said to be on track for finally shipping this month, is going to contain a 40 minute track   :o
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31876 on: May 09, 2013, 03:19:29 am »

I love this forum. I can't think of a different place where you can have multi-page derails about pot revolutions.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31877 on: May 09, 2013, 06:26:03 am »

You know that person convicted of killing her husband yesterday? She's been put on suicide watch.  While they debate giving her the death penalty. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31878 on: May 09, 2013, 06:32:09 am »

If she is on suicide watch, isn't she therefor mentally ill? If she is mentally ill, isn't she except from the death penalty?

EDIT: Also, I've been reading Garfield minus Garfield and wondering... Is Jon actually meant to be high functioning autistic? The mix of depression and lack of social skills makes me thing perhaps that was the original intention.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31879 on: May 09, 2013, 07:19:33 am »

So, two happier WTFs:
A) Rune Factory 3, a Harvest Moon style game, referenced 'Alive' by Pearl Jam. O_o
B) A better-than-Nostradamus prediction (this one actually came true,) by a sportscaster.

Edit: Much better video.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:24:42 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31880 on: May 09, 2013, 07:35:53 am »

If she is on suicide watch, isn't she therefor mentally ill? If she is mentally ill, isn't she except from the death penalty?

EDIT: Also, I've been reading Garfield minus Garfield and wondering... Is Jon actually meant to be high functioning autistic? The mix of depression and lack of social skills makes me thing perhaps that was the original intention.
He strikes me as one, but I'd imagine that's because Tim Buckley is a bit unfunny a hack.

Anyways, I woke up before 7 today, and I actually feel pretty good. Miracles do exist.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31881 on: May 09, 2013, 08:56:19 am »

A friend is trying to get me to play TERA and showed me some high level armor in an attempt to get me interested.

So apperantly the pinnacle of armor technology in that world is a string bikini with breast cups that either use suction or magic to stay on.  I've seen more covering at strip clubs.   And the best part?  That's supposed to be HEAVY ARMOR.

I don't think I wanna see the male gear, it's probably shoulder pads and a codpiece.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31882 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:19 am »

Usually if theres a difference in armor models, you don't try to make someone interested with the female armor model unless its actually, well, armor. TERA is quite the fancy looking game eitherway though.

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31883 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:00 am »

This thread made me go WTF today.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31884 on: May 09, 2013, 09:27:50 am »

Just because you are mentally ill it doesn't exempt you from the death penalty. Especially since her mental illness could be caused by her murder or her incarceration.

I'll talk more about this when I am back but basically the illness must, in its nature, prevent you from knowing the weight of your actions.

Someone who believes the person is an alien trying to kill us all? Yes. Someone who believes that eating that guy's liver will give them super strength? No.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31885 on: May 09, 2013, 10:09:26 am »

What the hell, New Yorker. Is something messing with the air in the north or he just shouting stupid things on purpose?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #31886 on: May 09, 2013, 10:12:24 am »

What the hell, New Yorker. Is something messing with the air in the north or he just shouting stupid things on purpose?
Lost it at 'Christian Science'.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31887 on: May 09, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/08/unbelievable-limbaugh-complains-ohio-kidnap-victims-might-get-welfare/

Lovely... [sigh]. If you or I did anything like that, we'd probably be screwed. When he does it, it's basically his business plan. Special rules for special (rich) people. Apparently the millions of people who listen to this man are dead set on the idea that there are no needy/deserving people out there: only lazy people who need screamed at.... Whatever mental gymnastics are required to reach that conclusion....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:19:58 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31888 on: May 09, 2013, 12:29:21 pm »

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Three things hold those forums together, surrounded by a a cube shaped like minecraft that surrounds a writhing ball of irritation or whining or Internet 12 years olds or something similarly terrible: Texture packs, Maps, and Mods.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #31889 on: May 09, 2013, 12:49:36 pm »

there are no needy/deserving people out there: only lazy people who need screamed at.... Whatever mental gymnastics are required to reach that conclusion....

I'm finding myself increasingly surrounded by people like this... it's really driving me crazy... and there's absolutely no reasoning with most people who think this way...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2124 2125 [2126] 2127 2128 ... 11040