Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2114 2115 [2116] 2117 2118 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439738 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #31725 on: May 08, 2013, 09:13:15 am »

Isn't this illegal down there? :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31726 on: May 08, 2013, 09:23:49 am »

Now, now; we don't know for sure that a global flood wouldn't create rapid fossils . . .  We have freeze dried ice cream, after all.

The only way is to test this.  Its time to flood the Earth.  Go burn styrofoam and do your part.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31727 on: May 08, 2013, 09:58:46 am »

Now, now; we don't know for sure that a global flood wouldn't create rapid fossils . . .  We have freeze dried ice cream, after all.

The only way is to test this.  Its time to flood the Earth.  Go burn styrofoam and do your part.
That's more likely to just kill you. Not in a spectacular fashion either.

If you want results, nuke the antarctic sheets.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31728 on: May 08, 2013, 09:59:34 am »

Isn't this illegal down there? :/
If only. I need to go visit Congress.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31729 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:59 am »

You could just go face-punch basic science rigor into the AiG guys...
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31730 on: May 08, 2013, 10:38:08 am »

If only it were that easy. See what I mean about societal decay in America, Descan?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31731 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:56 am »

Hmm let me see...

11-14 are all correct and are in the religious realm so there is nothing that conflicts with anything else. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you get 14 wrong even though frankly that cartoony depiction is likely completely inaccurate to what it would have to be.

15 is a misleading question. Now by average are we talking about species to species or are we talking dinosaur to dinosaur? Since while I know the common depiction of Dinosaurs are that they are huge, there were many MANY very small dinosaurs which I am sure brings the average down. So 15 could be right but I don't know enough about the subject.

16 is... actually probably the most correct answer there. I mean I know some people are going "But the answer is D!!!", in which I must state evolution doesn't turn a dinosaur into a fossil.

17 is also correct >_<

The creationist Quiz is so far actually pretty tame and I only seen Page 2. I mean, if you erased the "creationist" part it could easily be a REAL test of science and religion.... judging ONLY by Page 2.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31732 on: May 08, 2013, 10:51:26 am »

If only it were that easy. See what I mean about societal decay in America, Descan?
Nope. This kind of shit has been going on FOREVER, but it's only recently that a) we know about it, b) we care about it, and c) we know the actual answer.

In the past, this kind of ill-education has been hidden, no one cared about it, and no one actually KNEW that the bible was wrong so they thought it was good, wholesome teaching.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31733 on: May 08, 2013, 10:52:29 am »

The problem is that congress cannot intervene. It's a private school. It's a bass-ackwards school, but they can teach what they want. They don't even have to be state-certified because they're not a highschool. Unless they teach highschool grades. Then they wouldn't be able to get a state-certified diploma.

TL;DR they're a private institute and can therefore teach whatever they want. It's a crying shame, but it's true.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31734 on: May 08, 2013, 10:56:08 am »

In the past, this kind of ill-education has been hidden, no one cared about it, and no one actually KNEW that the bible was wrong so they thought it was good, wholesome teaching.

I am going to contain my displeasure and just ask. How far in the past are we talking about?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31735 on: May 08, 2013, 10:57:28 am »

I am going to contain my displeasure and just ask. How far in the past are we talking about?
Up to early 1900s. After that, people steadily started knowing, caring, and having knowledge, and it spiked up with the advent of the internet.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31736 on: May 08, 2013, 10:58:55 am »

In the past, I was under the impression that God and the theory of evolution were taught side by side.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31737 on: May 08, 2013, 11:02:49 am »

Maybe it was, but it shouldn't have been.

And a) we've only known about evolution as a teachable thing for -maaaybe- a hundred years, a hundred sixty if you want to base it off of when Darwin published, and b) even then, it wasn't actually taught until maybe 1930s, 1950s. Remember the Scopes trial?

Even now, I don't know if it's a nationwide thing that (public at least) schools need to teach evolution, but you hear every few months of yet -another- legislator or school administrator trying to "teach the controversy" (there is none) or flat out try and get the bible in to public schools science classrooms.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31738 on: May 08, 2013, 11:07:05 am »

Up to early 1900s. After that, people steadily started knowing, caring, and having knowledge, and it spiked up with the advent of the internet.

Honestly I think that is mostly untrue. I just think the "bigotry" has been refocused in other areas and that people are just as dumb and ignorant as they were a thousand years ago, they just delude themselves otherwise.

Where people decry the ignorance of others for "not seeing the facts" they themselves accept the facts in the exact same ways just with different sources.

We just got lucky and for once the stupidity is working for our advantage in some areas.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:09:02 am by Neonivek »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31739 on: May 08, 2013, 11:12:05 am »

What other areas, what kind of bigotry are you talking about (no one mentioned bigotry), and while people may be dumb and ignorant, the average intelligence and knowledge has been steadily rising.

And I can barely even begin to go into how your second statement was wrong, but "knowledge" based off of a translated and transcribed hundreds if not thousand of times (with errors abounding) book thousands of years old, hearsay, "just-so stories" and "Don't question just believe" tales, VS. knowledge based off of experiment after experiment after test after test, hundreds of thousands of times and all reaching the same answer, rigourous peer review and hundreds of thousands if not millions of people looking for problems so they could become a household name?

I think it's clear which one is more likely to be correct.
Pages: 1 ... 2114 2115 [2116] 2117 2118 ... 11040