Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437357 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #31695 on: May 07, 2013, 09:31:38 pm »

Uh?

No. They've never done whole-nail for me, just targeted. So yes, my whole nail grew out each time, but it was supposed to.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31696 on: May 07, 2013, 09:33:56 pm »

Huh? I meant that despite the doctor only cutting out a small triangle of nail, the whole thing just died and grew out to be replaced by an entire new nail. O_o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31697 on: May 07, 2013, 09:51:51 pm »

Ohhhhh. Didn't sound like it.

I've had that happen, not on purpose. Banged my finger in a door and the nail fell off.

Got better, though! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31698 on: May 07, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »

Am I just abnormally lucky, then? I've never broken a bone; never had burns that were worse than blistering and scarring; never had an ingrown nail; put my bare hand through a glass window without getting a single nick; sleep-walked barefoot through about two miles of alley in my pajamas when I was ten, woke up, and carried a florescent lamp home without incident; fallen from various roofs and trees without injury; been shot in the chest by a flare twice the size of my thumb...

I mean, shit, is anyone else like this? I've had someone leg-sweep me and slam my head into a hardwood floor with nothing beyond 5 minutes of unconsciousness and a few hours of dizziness to show. Maybe some memory loss, too. Maybe some memory loss, too. I've had my brakes fail while going down a mountain on a street luge, hit a bump, flipped over, and got nothing but a skinned knee and a bloody patch on my cheek the size of my palm (which turned into an awesome scar for a few years). I was eleven for that second one.

Meanwhile people are having to have surgery without doing anything stupid at all and breaking limbs when they trip on flat ground. There's my WTF for the day. I guess I dumped STR and CHA in exchange for truly obscene Luck. o.0

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31699 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:41 pm »

Facebook/IRL friend just started following me on Tumblr.

I don't remember linking my facebook to Tumblr.

Oh well, time to turn my entire life into a grand experiment in internet non-anonymity officially!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31700 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:03 pm »

sleep-walked barefoot through about two miles of alley in my pajamas when I was ten, woke up, and carried a florescent lamp home without incident;

on-topic: why did you have a fluorescent lamp after sleepwalking two miles of alley, it sounds like a great story and i want to hear it if it wouldn't be a bother

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #31701 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:47 pm »

I just got my card for the Selective Service (USA's draft) today. I registered six years ago.

Also, my uncle just found two bullets in the wood he was splitting. They were completely intact and facing down towards the ground (Like, if the tree were still intact, the bullets would be pointing straight down).
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #31702 on: May 07, 2013, 10:32:43 pm »

Hm... The omens clearly say to invest, but where? Let me check my portfolio and make a quick call to my broker.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31703 on: May 07, 2013, 10:37:56 pm »

Wolfeyez and I stopped off at a restaurant to get ice cream on the way home today, and I took a picture.

This better be the biggest damn taco salad in the world.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31704 on: May 07, 2013, 10:38:35 pm »

Am I just abnormally lucky, then? I've never broken a bone; never had burns that were worse than blistering and scarring; never had an ingrown nail; put my bare hand through a glass window without getting a single nick; sleep-walked barefoot through about two miles of alley in my pajamas when I was ten, woke up, and carried a florescent lamp home without incident; fallen from various roofs and trees without injury; been shot in the chest by a flare twice the size of my thumb...

I mean, shit, is anyone else like this? I've had someone leg-sweep me and slam my head into a hardwood floor with nothing beyond 5 minutes of unconsciousness and a few hours of dizziness to show. Maybe some memory loss, too. Maybe some memory loss, too. I've had my brakes fail while going down a mountain on a street luge, hit a bump, flipped over, and got nothing but a skinned knee and a bloody patch on my cheek the size of my palm (which turned into an awesome scar for a few years). I was eleven for that second one.

Meanwhile people are having to have surgery without doing anything stupid at all and breaking limbs when they trip on flat ground. There's my WTF for the day. I guess I dumped STR and CHA in exchange for truly obscene Luck. o.0
I have slightly higher than average STR, CON, END, and a bit of Luck. Only ever sprained my ankle for any serious injury.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31705 on: May 07, 2013, 10:40:05 pm »

sleep-walked barefoot through about two miles of alley in my pajamas when I was ten, woke up, and carried a florescent lamp home without incident;

on-topic: why did you have a fluorescent lamp after sleepwalking two miles of alley, it sounds like a great story and i want to hear it if it wouldn't be a bother

Sure, why not?

Mm, when I was younger, I tended to sleep-walk quite often. Normally it was confined to the house, but I'm guessing that my parents left the back door unlocked or something like that. Our back fence was in such disrepair that you could more or less walk straight over it into the alley. The neighborhood we lived in was thickly laced with little side-alleys, ranging from ones nearly as well paved as streets to ancient things with no paving, just bare bricks, barely wide enough for three people to walk abreast. For obvious reasons I don't remember going.

I woke up standing next to a dumpster and quickly realized that something was not quite right. Namely, I was shoeless and in my pajamas, it was still very dark out, and I wasn't sure if I knew where I was. I did see something that I recognized, though. A florescent floor lamp, identical to one we had at home in all but color.

Spoiler: For reference (click to show/hide)

Basically, a real nasty piece of work, the sort of thing that gets recalled and will light your curtains on fire if you leave it on too long (we threw them out a year or two later for that exact reason). At the time, though, it was a familiar face. It even had the cord. Mint condition, as far as my young eyes could tell. They weren't actually incredibly heavy, not with that long rod to leverage the base. I managed to get it onto my shoulder in a double-handed grip and started walking. About twenty minutes later, I recognized where I was and set course for home, eventually arriving back where I am guessing I began. I left the lamp on our back porch, picked all of the bits of gravel and broken glass off of my feet (no cuts, somehow), got a drink, and went back to bed.

It's really not terribly exciting, though it is quite strange in retrospect.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31706 on: May 07, 2013, 10:41:18 pm »

My dump stat is endurance. Hey, don't look at me like that, martial arts rounds are only three minutes. What more does a guy need?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31707 on: May 07, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »

My GM was cruel and didn't let me re-roll any of my stats, so they're all low  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31708 on: May 07, 2013, 10:43:20 pm »

My dump stat is endurance. Hey, don't look at me like that, martial arts rounds are only three minutes. What more does a guy need?
I often spar for 10+ minutes. Is my sensei just insane or is it something different?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31709 on: May 07, 2013, 10:44:18 pm »

I often spar for 10+ minutes. Is my sensei just insane or is it something different?
Depends on the format, arts style, and training regimen. He's probably just building up your stamina so that you're not a one round wonder.

Pages: 1 ... 2112 2113 [2114] 2115 2116 ... 11040