Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 [2042] 2043 2044 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14436364 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30615 on: April 18, 2013, 01:47:26 pm »

A friend of mine on Facebook says he's going to apply for the one way ticket to Mars.

He has a wife and young child.  I don't think he understands what he's getting into...

TBH the wife and kids are the only things stopping me.
This is a blank sig.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #30616 on: April 18, 2013, 01:48:19 pm »

Maybe he does.  8)

Anyway, he won't get accepted, being in that situation. If he leaves but starts missing them, he's a psychological liability, if he wants to leave and doesn't, he's a psychological liability.

Same here. Well, that and the physical. ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30617 on: April 18, 2013, 01:48:43 pm »

And considering it's a minimum 10 years until departure, well...

Plenty of classic colonists and explorers had wives and kids and still went on what were essentially one way trips (opting instead to bringing their loved ones over after them as soon as possible, even though it often never was).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30618 on: April 18, 2013, 02:58:22 pm »

Maybe he does.  8)

Anyway, he won't get accepted, being in that situation. If he leaves but starts missing them, he's a psychological liability, if he wants to leave and doesn't, he's a psychological liability.

Same here. Well, that and the physical. ;)
Hear hear, but girlfriend instead of wife. Although, I'm pretty sure she'd come with me.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30619 on: April 18, 2013, 03:03:13 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30620 on: April 18, 2013, 03:04:35 pm »

Look what I found today.
Ooh, it has the X-com Geoscape theme in the background!
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30621 on: April 18, 2013, 03:06:52 pm »

The Canadians are planning to conquer us!? :P

Also, i wonder if I can cut the ticket for the trip to Mars. No girlfriend, no children, no health problems... And jack-shit to look forward to on this planet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30622 on: April 18, 2013, 03:09:25 pm »

And considering it's a minimum 10 years until departure, well...

Plenty of classic colonists and explorers had wives and kids and still went on what were essentially one way trips (opting instead to bringing their loved ones over after them as soon as possible, even though it often never was).
Is this the Mars One project?

Because seriously, if it is, don't. I've looked over their ideas and designs, and from what I can see, they're often way to optimistic, or just ignore dangers. I highly doubt they'd get launching permission.
(Because if it fails, the Dutch are bound by treaty to ensure everyone's safety). Also, candidates are chosen by the public, and then filmed for a real live soap. So yeah, 7 misfits in a tincube.

Space X's Mars project is significantly better, though more expensive. (Also still somewhat too optimistic on the financial side, but at least the engineering works.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:11:58 pm by 10ebbor10 »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30623 on: April 18, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »

The Canadians are planning to conquer us!? :P

Also, i wonder if I can cut the ticket for the trip to Mars. No girlfriend, no children, no health problems... And jack-shit to look forward to on this planet.

Guys, when has going to Mars not ended up in a demonic invasion, a brainwashing adventure with an Austrian, or getting stalked by a robot?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30624 on: April 18, 2013, 03:14:26 pm »

Well, with the chances of actually getting there alive, I figured that if you were assaulted by some form of horrors afterwards you could still die ecstatic.

Plus the possibility of bored women in confined spaces. Yay!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30625 on: April 18, 2013, 03:27:29 pm »

Well, with the chances of actually getting there alive, I figured that if you were assaulted by some form of horrors afterwards you could still die ecstatic.

The more likely scenario.

Kinda like Alaska, just a less, though not entirely removed, possibility of being mauled by a polar bear.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #30626 on: April 18, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

hmmm, maybe I'll sign up.  I've always had a fantasy of dying in a unique and grotesque way.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30627 on: April 18, 2013, 03:31:05 pm »

I question if you have ever spent an extended duration with a bored woman in a confined space. :P
This is a blank sig.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30628 on: April 18, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »

Another Youtube Vid appearing about YET ANOTHER Racist Australian abusing someone on the Public Transport System...

Starting to believe that its not the case of Austraians are Racist. Its Melbourners are Racist... Almost EVERY VID with someone being Racist that is Australian is coming from Melbourne...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30629 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:54 pm »

Maybe the Public Transport is haunted by rascism ghosts?
Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 [2042] 2043 2044 ... 11040