Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2022 2023 [2024] 2025 2026 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455759 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #30346 on: April 11, 2013, 03:18:56 pm »

WTF of the day: Campus I'm enrolling in sometime next week does not have a single outward facing fax machine (i.e. one that students can use for, say, transcript requests >_>). Neither does the public library in the town I'm in. Which is kinda' amazing, because the library in the town I'm from does and it's, like, 1/73rd the size. 500 vs 36k and a bit. So color me a little surprised. This day is fairly loaded with surprises.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30347 on: April 11, 2013, 03:50:36 pm »

What... is... THIS.

It's beautiful  :'(
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30348 on: April 11, 2013, 04:03:34 pm »

What... is... THIS.

It's beautiful  :'(
What the fuck.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30349 on: April 11, 2013, 04:06:38 pm »

My money is on april fools video, posted late.  It's April 11.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30350 on: April 11, 2013, 04:08:37 pm »

My money is on april fools video, posted late.  It's April 11.

From what I read it was originally brought up on April 1 and everybody thought it was a joke. Then it wasn't (or at least it wasn't fake). It appeared as a pre-order item in my Steam News today.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30351 on: April 11, 2013, 04:10:40 pm »

It's real, all right. I'm expecting there to be some kind of twist, given the people who are making this, but it isn't that unusual. Even base Far Cry 3 employs surrealism.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #30352 on: April 11, 2013, 05:08:57 pm »

WTF of the day: Campus I'm enrolling in sometime next week does not have a single outward facing fax machine (i.e. one that students can use for, say, transcript requests >_>). Neither does the public library in the town I'm in. Which is kinda' amazing, because the library in the town I'm from does and it's, like, 1/73rd the size. 500 vs 36k and a bit. So color me a little surprised. This day is fairly loaded with surprises.
Personally my college just lets you put in transcript requests online and then print them out at whatever printer you happen to be connected to (or you can go old fashioned style and have them mail it to wherever you want if you need it sent ot another college or something).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30353 on: April 11, 2013, 05:10:39 pm »

Personally my college just lets you put in transcript requests online and then print them out at whatever printer you happen to be connected to (or you can go old fashioned style and have them mail it to wherever you want if you need it sent ot another college or something).
Yeah, Fax machines aren't exactly the only thing that can create papers...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30354 on: April 11, 2013, 05:18:12 pm »

There... are some online transcript things, but several of the colleges around this state don't do them. You're legally required to have a signature in order to get an official transcript sent, which means that it's either fax time (<5 minute drive) or in person (>60 minute drive). Usually you have to send in a signed request to the college in question and then the transcript transfer between campuses are handled by the schools, either electronically or via fax.

Actually, neither of the schools I was dealing with today, either the one I'm going to be enrolling in or the one I was getting a transcript from, accepts in-person transcripts at all. You can't get a copy and then give it to 'em in person. Or, well. You can and then have the transcript thrown out *vague shrug*.

But yeah, you can print out a transcript request -- that's what I did. But then that had to be signed and sent to the college the transcript was coming from. Problem was the signature, not getting the request itself.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30355 on: April 11, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »

My stepdad was yelling at my mom in his sleep, in that he was asleep, and yelling at her. I don't think this bodes well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30356 on: April 11, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »

My stepdad was yelling at my mom in his sleep, in that he was asleep, and yelling at her. I don't think this bodes well.
Wow. That requires ... a lot of accrued rage.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #30357 on: April 11, 2013, 07:13:02 pm »

Or his dream-self witness dream-mom doing something incredibly stupid. My mother has actually had dreams wherein my father made her angry, so she yelled at him about it when she woke up :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #30358 on: April 12, 2013, 07:01:30 am »

Iran invents time machine

Yes, it's fake, but the report was posted on official newsources.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30359 on: April 12, 2013, 07:31:21 am »

Yes, it's fake, but the report was posted on official newsources.
It could be an april folls joke which was released a bit late.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 2022 2023 [2024] 2025 2026 ... 11040