Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443131 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #29520 on: March 23, 2013, 07:10:56 am »

*wakes up, looks outside*

*world has turned sepia toned*

*stare*

*closes shades*

*goes back to bed*
Usually when that happens, it means a storm is coming. At least where I live.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29521 on: March 23, 2013, 07:12:12 am »

Oh ye gods why I am lost in Wikipedia and its dental articles of all articles to be lost in >_< I thought I was over Wikipedia!

It's been nearly an hour and I'm reading about light-activated resin, remineralization, cavernous sinus thrombosis, and ameloblasts.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29522 on: March 23, 2013, 07:14:35 am »

And they trolled, trolled, trolled, and the flames went higher, and it raged, raged, raged, the hate of 4chan, the hate of 4chan...
Glorious. Absolutely glorious.

*stare*

*closes shades*

*goes back to bed*
It wouldn't happen to be sepia because you're wearing sunglasses hmm?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29523 on: March 23, 2013, 07:15:37 am »

Usually when that happens, it means a storm is coming. At least where I live.
Ha, yeah. Was just heavy cloud cover mixed with early morning, was pretty obvious just from looking up. It's now pouring like goddamn. Beautiful way to start the day, shame these sorts tend to not last very long 'round here. I've seen it plenty of times, was just a bit more sleep addled than usual. Bit of a "Too early to deal with brown world, fuck this noise." thing.

Plus it is a little WTF to look outside and it look like someone applied a sepia filter to reality. Gets me every time. Divine totes needed to add some atmospheric old-school jazz to that, though. Creator gods just lost some style points, for all that matters (they were already way negative :P).

E: And nah LW, no shades. I don't even own shades. I mean, that doesn't matter much 'cause people around me do and I can borrow them, but there's none in this house or in my car. The nearest shades I have access to are like forty miles away. Barring stores, and bugger that.
E2: Also shades are sunglasses except when they're window coverings, alright? Alright.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:21:32 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29524 on: March 23, 2013, 07:22:57 am »

When you say everything, do you mean everything?
I mean I grew up for some time in a town called Broken Hill that was prone to dust storms, so this was kind of regular...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That photo was taken at 3:40 pm.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29525 on: March 23, 2013, 07:26:51 am »

... that, uh. That's not sepia.

That looks more like Khorne went on a bender and just vomited all over the joint.

But no, dust isn't exactly a problem in Florida, especially not in one of the coast towns. Too wet. But yeah, pretty much everything except the air. No fog. Unlike that, which includes the air.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29526 on: March 23, 2013, 07:29:45 am »

Yea... We were thinking of making large cardboard spikes and painting them like the ones from Oblivion to go with the storms.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29527 on: March 23, 2013, 09:04:02 am »

In a few more weeks, when the ambient temperature stays warm enough, around here the world will turn yellowish-green, as if a million chalkboard trays suddenly cried out...and were emptied.

Pine pollen season.

BTW, pine pollen is basically a nice way of saying "tree sperm". People actually pay $30-40 for small vials of pine pollen as a testosterone booster. North Carolina men are obviously the manliest men because we have to fucking wade around in it every spring.

Take that how you will...  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29528 on: March 23, 2013, 09:05:35 am »

I mean I grew up for some time in a town called Broken Hill that was prone to dust storms
Is this the same Broken Hill as seen in Fallout?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29529 on: March 23, 2013, 09:41:22 am »

In a few more weeks, when the ambient temperature stays warm enough, around here the world will turn yellowish-green, as if a million chalkboard trays suddenly cried out...and were emptied.

Pine pollen season.

BTW, pine pollen is basically a nice way of saying "tree sperm". People actually pay $30-40 for small vials of pine pollen as a testosterone booster. North Carolina men are obviously the manliest men because we have to fucking wade around in it every spring.

Well, I know where I'm not moving.
I suspect I would spend half of the year unable to move from a giant puddle of mucus streaming from every hole in my face.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29530 on: March 23, 2013, 09:58:54 am »

Pine pollen season.

I suspect I would spend half of the year unable to move from a giant puddle of mucus streaming from every hole in my face.
Protip: Pollen season never really ends in North Carolina, it just changes which kind of pollen. The pine pollen doesn't cause allergies nearly as bad as the grass pollen. It just makes every car the same color for a few weeks and gives a big boost to the local car-wash industry when it's over.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29531 on: March 23, 2013, 10:25:12 am »

I'm allergic to both. And then some others.

Not going to NC any time soon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29532 on: March 23, 2013, 10:59:01 am »

I've lost count of how many people I've met that say "I never had allergies until I moved here..."  :P

And still they keep coming...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29533 on: March 23, 2013, 11:00:08 am »

Pine pollen season.

Protip: Pollen season never really ends in North Carolina, it just changes which kind of pollen. The pine pollen doesn't cause allergies nearly as bad as the grass pollen. It just makes every car the same color for a few weeks and gives a big boost to the local car-wash industry when it's over.
I'm sensitive enougn to pollen that I have hayfever just about all year around.
I would be incapable of functioning in that cloud of pollen.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29534 on: March 23, 2013, 11:48:18 am »

*stare*

*closes shades*

*goes back to bed*
Watch out for tornadoes; you're clearly metamorphing into either a Kansas gal or James Franco.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 [1969] 1970 1971 ... 11040