Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14426661 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28770 on: March 12, 2013, 09:07:11 am »

http://rt.com/usa/giant-mosquito-florida-invasion-114
Why don't we have those in Australia?
You can't expect Australia to have a complete monopoly on all the nasty critters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28771 on: March 12, 2013, 09:19:16 am »

Yeah... honestly, there's only so much nastiness that can generate in a place that isn't all swamp. Heteroevironment causes some variety, y'know? Monohate creates a different subset of environmental hostility.  You get things wandering in from the desert or whatever and eating burgeoning swamphate critters. Florida, though. Florida is a goddamn swamp. All of it. It is a swamp surrounded by swamp and mostly ringed further by mountains. The beaches are, like. Camouflage, and poor camo at best, there to lure the unwary in to be feasted upon. This generates a sort of contained and very humid hatred that gives rise to a particular set of flesh-eating creatures you don't see in a more open system.

So it makes sense, y'see?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:21:15 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28772 on: March 12, 2013, 09:34:56 am »

So, I finished Dead Space 3 recently.  As a whole, I'd say that I was pleased with it.  It was a good bit better than I was fearing it might be.

The ending though?  All my WTF belong to it.  Not sure if want...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28773 on: March 12, 2013, 10:07:03 am »

So, apparently my girlfriend has registered an account here. This is a WTF in itself.
This seems to be a new trend.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28774 on: March 12, 2013, 10:20:51 am »

So, apparently my girlfriend has registered an account here. This is a WTF in itself.
This seems to be a new trend.
Indeed. I mentioned it to her, and she's like, "Yeah, I have an account, but I haven't posted anything yet." I responded: ???

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28775 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:52 am »

I thank God for a spouse with RSI, then.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28776 on: March 12, 2013, 10:29:10 am »

*shrugs* There's nothing on here that I haven't told my girlfriend. I mean, aside from the ability to punch out sharks. She's speculated about it, but I haven't confirmed it for her.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28777 on: March 12, 2013, 10:34:38 am »

God. Damn. It.

It appears the lawyer I am working for independent contractor has told me his secretary has requested I stay out of her office and not talk to her so much, as though I were not giving her space etc. He then said he's working on getting me an office of my own in his place....

She just told me she never said that.... Moreover, she shared that he's very protective of her and that it's hell for her to date anybody.... She doesn't mind him looking out for her, but it's a bit much at times. Moreover, it's hard for her to have people around her, because nobody wants to face the wrath of this lawyer. I agree; it is a hell of a wrath and not one I want.

The implication is clear, he doesn't want me around her because he sees me as that kinda threat (that I'd try to get with her).

He could not be more wrong here. Like I mean if he tried, he could not be more wrong here. This is a man who will determine my future, because if he says I'm a good lawyer, people will hire me. If he says I suck, then nobody will. I'm not kidding about that by the way. The guy is scary powerful....

Let's sum up:
a.) I am, apparently, completely undetectable as gay or whatever you wanna call me liking only men. Very little escapes [boss] and I fear I'll escape very little if I piss him off.
b.) Still a catch and a cosmic joke.
c.) On the one hand; he's starting to (laughably, for several reasons) view me as a threat. Not good.
d.) On the other hand; I can't exactly tell him one of the best reasons why he shouldn't view me as that type of a threat, at least as pertains to secretary....

This might qualify as evidence in one sense: I'm pretty sure there is a god and now he's just gotta be screwing with me while sitting back and laughing his ass off.

Well .... I think the proper expletive to employ in endeavors of this ever so exhausting experience equals the expression, "Fuck."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28778 on: March 12, 2013, 10:38:27 am »

God. Damn. It.

It appears the lawyer I am working for independent contractor has told me his secretary has requested I stay out of her office and not talk to her so much, as though I were not giving her space etc. He then said he's working on getting me an office of my own in his place....

She just told me she never said that.... Moreover, she shared that he's very protective of her and that it's hell for her to date anybody.... She doesn't mind him looking out for her, but it's a bit much at times. Moreover, it's hard for her to have people around her, because nobody wants to face the wrath of this lawyer. I agree; it is a hell of a wrath and not one I want.

The implication is clear, he doesn't want me around her because he sees me as that kinda threat (that I'd try to get with her).

He could not be more wrong here. Like I mean if he tried, he could not be more wrong here. This is a man who will determine my future, because if he says I'm a good lawyer, people will hire me. If he says I suck, then nobody will. I'm not kidding about that by the way. The guy is scary powerful....

Let's sum up:
a.) I am, apparently, completely undetectable as gay or whatever you wanna call me liking only men. Very little escapes [boss] and I fear I'll escape very little if I piss him off.
b.) Still a catch and a cosmic joke.
c.) On the one hand; he's starting to (laughably, for several reasons) view me as a threat. Not good.
d.) On the other hand; I can't exactly tell him one of the best reasons why he shouldn't view me as that type of a threat, at least as pertains to secretary....

This might qualify as evidence in one sense: I'm pretty sure there is a god and now he's just gotta be screwing with me while sitting back and laughing his ass off.

Well .... I think the proper expletive to employ in endeavors of this ever so exhausting experience equals the expression, "Fuck."
Tell him, but make him sign a non-disclosure agreement on pain of you taking over his firm?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28779 on: March 12, 2013, 10:46:35 am »

*shrugs* There's nothing on here that I haven't told my girlfriend. I mean, aside from the ability to punch out sharks. She's speculated about it, but I haven't confirmed it for her.
That must have been an interesting conversation. "Hey honey, there's this Internet forum where I'm considered a larger-than-life facepunching demigod. Also, there's an alternate me from a future timeline. Or I'm a future him. I forget which."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28780 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:27 am »

Truean, does he not like gay guys or something? If the problem is seeing you as a potential threat, knowing that might actually diffuse the situation. (Obviousy doesn't work if he's a bigot, but still)

On the other hand, it sounds like the result might be you getting your own office? So yay?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28781 on: March 12, 2013, 12:12:54 pm »

Snow. Wtf? Why can't it be like this around, y'know, CHRISTMAS, WHEN PEOPLE WANT SNOW?

Furthermore, biggest amount of traffic jams in Belgium ever. almost 1600 km of them, to be exact.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28782 on: March 12, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »

Truean has a deep fear of anyone finding out she's... Well, a she. And into men.

I think she is playing it safe with her boss.

If she had a rapport with him, I'd say ask him what he thinks about LGBT. Or however you would term it when gauging a possible-homophobe, just using the term LGBT kind of outs you, at the very least as an ally...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #28783 on: March 12, 2013, 12:41:42 pm »

Playing Emerald, Battle Frontier. Specifically, Battle Factory. At the start, you can choose three pokemon of six to use as your rentals. When I saw my options included Blissey, I almost lept for joy. Then I found out it was Blissey@Focus Band, knowing Fire Blast, Blizzard, Calm Mind, and Softboiled, and I died a little inside.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28784 on: March 12, 2013, 01:30:17 pm »

Offensive Blissey. Maximum surprise factor.
Pages: 1 ... 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 ... 11039