Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442274 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28545 on: March 08, 2013, 12:13:16 am »

Well, I'm a bit surprised about this, I kinda thought Righthaven would get to keep its (not exactly helpful) title as most dramatic copyright troll for longer than a year or so.

Its a bit hard to beat getting what is (probably) your entire company ordered to court though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28546 on: March 08, 2013, 12:15:28 am »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28547 on: March 08, 2013, 12:20:12 am »

ChristianWire led me to this- http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/protecting-our-children
Please, please let this be a person trolling. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28548 on: March 08, 2013, 12:24:29 am »

Nope, that's legit.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28549 on: March 08, 2013, 12:26:54 am »

Well, we now have a somewhat baffling new video from EA.
Odd.
I imagine it went something like "WE'VE LOSING EVERYONE, QUICK PANDER TO TEH GAYS" at that marketing meeting.  o_O  If anything, it only made me realize that the biggest advances for gays in video games recently has come from EA, easily the most despicable game company thus far ._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28550 on: March 08, 2013, 12:28:37 am »

again I am reminded why to not read youtube comments

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28551 on: March 08, 2013, 12:29:48 am »

Odd.
I imagine it went something like "WE'VE LOSING EVERYONE, QUICK PANDER TO TEH GAYS" at that marketing meeting.  o_O  If anything, it only made me realize that the biggest advances for gays in video games recently has come from EA, easily the most despicable game company thus far ._.
Does SimCity (Queueful Online edition) count? Theres probably an unknown of gays in your city somewhere, though like plenty of other things not detailed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28552 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:25 am »

ChristianWire led me to this- http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/protecting-our-children
Please, please let this be a person trolling. 

Unfortunately, religion can be as big a handicap as it can be a benefit. It kinda scares me when nearly everything is considered satanic in some manner, but apparently some portion of the human population believes that EVERYTHING is some sort of evil, whether they attribute it to gods or whatever else they can come up with.

I'd be interested in studying why and how people begin to develop such negative views of the world.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28553 on: March 08, 2013, 12:49:58 am »

Odd.
Ever since the failure that was ME3 EA has always pretended that they were good with the LGBT community, they even tried using it as an excuse multiple times when people criticized their games. Especially with SWTOR, they tried to say the backlash against the game was from people against the LGBT community.

Also, mentioning EA and SWTOR, when they realized that their fans were complaining about the lack of same-sex romance options in the game, they decided to add more in. Want to know how they did it? By adding in a gay planet. I'm not even fucking kidding, they made a single planet where all the homosexual characters would be, and that's they only place you could romance characters of the same sex. You'd also have to fucking pay for access to this magical gay planet.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28554 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:33 am »

Well, I'm a bit surprised about this, I kinda thought Righthaven would get to keep its (not exactly helpful) title as most dramatic copyright troll for longer than a year or so.

Its a bit hard to beat getting what is (probably) your entire company ordered to court though.
Truean needs to see this post haste.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28555 on: March 08, 2013, 01:08:58 am »

Also, mentioning EA and SWTOR, when they realized that their fans were complaining about the lack of same-sex romance options in the game, they decided to add more in. Want to know how they did it? By adding in a gay planet. I'm not even fucking kidding, they made a single planet where all the homosexual characters would be, and that's they only place you could romance characters of the same sex. You'd also have to fucking pay for access to this magical gay planet.

Dear goodness I MUST know the name of that planet!

If it had a terrible name it would be perfect. Like Planet Rainbow.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28556 on: March 08, 2013, 01:11:25 am »

Apparently EA was just named one of the worst companies of the year in The Consumerist, and that video appears to be part of their PR Department's emergency damage control protocol. I've saved a backup of the video, and a few hours worth of comments, in case EA takes it down following this backlash.

History will remember.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28557 on: March 08, 2013, 01:13:25 am »

Oh EA, you silly mess of a company. When will you ever grow the fuck up...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28558 on: March 08, 2013, 01:17:56 am »

I actually have seen complaints about the inclusion of gay relationships in video games (from EA or otherwise). Of course, those complaints mainly came from far right-wing sources, but...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28559 on: March 08, 2013, 01:22:15 am »

I actually have seen complaints about the inclusion of gay relationships in video games (from EA or otherwise). Of course, those complaints mainly came from far right-wing sources, but...
Except EA used this as a justification as to why people thought their game was bad. Instead of admitting that their games have clear flaws, they just call gamers sexist and entitled.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 1902 1903 [1904] 1905 1906 ... 11040