Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460687 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28215 on: March 04, 2013, 05:35:02 pm »

I was looking for a North Korean pirate picture, but to no avail.
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME MORE FREEDOM WITH THAT KOREA?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28216 on: March 04, 2013, 06:20:10 pm »

Ah, I finally understand the weird coloured ship >.>

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28217 on: March 04, 2013, 07:08:50 pm »

This guy has some interesting - if inconclusive - evidence that indicates that TPB isn't actually hosted in Best Korea, but has rather hijacked some of their IP's and is really hosted in a nearby country.

edit: Didn't notice he's also posted a more technical and convincing article just now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:10:53 pm by olemars »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28218 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Youtube suggestions are funny.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28219 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »

http://www.businessinsider.com/one-law-school-finally-lets-students-know-how-poor-theyll-be-after-graduation-2013-3

Holy crap. A law school actually showing the real numbers and sorta kinda taking responsibility for their crap?

I have three broke-as-hell recent grads stalking me right now because I actually take in strays and teach them things about how to do things (or at least I did).

The truth or something close enough to be mistaken for it? Wow.

Do not go to law school kids.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28220 on: March 04, 2013, 07:57:23 pm »

My roommate slept for 19 hours today, due to being sick, and now is shockingly not visibly sick anymore. He's also started watching a stupid sounding show that is all about sports and partying, which sums up the whole of his personality pretty well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28221 on: March 04, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »

My roommate slept for 19 hours today, due to being sick, and now is shockingly not visibly sick anymore. He's also started watching a stupid sounding show that is all about sports and partying, which sums up the whole of his personality pretty well.

So he is Chummy and fun to be around?

Or alcoholic loud annoying person?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28222 on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »

The second. He also does not seem to understand the ideas of darkness and silence, especially at night. It's always something with him and it makes sleeping more of a chore than it already is. He's one of those assholes who can be asleep in five minutes in blinding light with loud music playing, I'm lucky to be halfway there after an hour in total darkness and silence.

I think he might have the flu, and I hope that is what it is, because I really don't want to be sick during spring break.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28223 on: March 04, 2013, 08:58:50 pm »

Honestly I keep hearing about how terrible Online Bullying is over and over but oddly enough... I don't consider it an issue, at all, in my own mind.

If someone is harassing me I simply block them, I don't go to their hate site, and I ignore their messages.

There is something rather self-inflicting about Online Bullying that has always kept me from taking it seriously but it keeps comming up as a topic, I keep seeing commercials on TV, I keep getting emails about it, and I keep spotting it on random sites.

I am starting to wonder if I just don't get it or if I get it and don't consider it a big deal anyhow.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28224 on: March 04, 2013, 09:10:17 pm »

Honestly I keep hearing about how terrible Online Bullying is over and over but oddly enough... I don't consider it an issue, at all, in my own mind.

If someone is harassing me I simply block them, I don't go to their hate site, and I ignore their messages.

There is something rather self-inflicting about Online Bullying that has always kept me from taking it seriously but it keeps comming up as a topic, I keep seeing commercials on TV, I keep getting emails about it, and I keep spotting it on random sites.

I am starting to wonder if I just don't get it or if I get it and don't consider it a big deal anyhow.
I think a big part of it is social sites, like facebook. They can ruin your reputation completely and it follows you back into the real world if you come into contact with people that view it (or are the ones harassing you in the first place).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28225 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12:02 pm »

That somehow makes me think less of online bullying Lagslayer >_<

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28226 on: March 04, 2013, 09:13:38 pm »

If you are implying that social networking is a bad idea in general, then I agree with you. If not, please clarify your statement.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28227 on: March 04, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »

... hunting down a song brought me to the knowledge that one of the nicknames for Napoleon was Boney.

Now if only I could find the bloody rendition of "Boney was a Warrior" I'm looking for. All th'ones I've hit so far are much too slow :-\

Ah, nevermind. There it is. I... think.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:34:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28228 on: March 04, 2013, 09:38:32 pm »

linky the song as you find it.  I'm sure somebody can help.

::) howd I know it was going to go Irish?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GwtrJtS_8I&feature=player_embedded

Jack Sh*t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wihzjeNKhJc

Teh wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_shanty

Oh, you beat me to it! :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:41:15 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28229 on: March 04, 2013, 09:56:05 pm »

Apparently one of my teammates for academic team was off last weekend winning some international math competition.  I stuck between my WTF being that he actually was at the international level, or that someone actually placed higher then him. 

I've always wondered about that.  Physical bullying always seemed worse because you can't ignore it.  With online bullying you are one click away from ignoring it. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 11040