Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1876 1877 [1878] 1879 1880 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461545 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28155 on: March 03, 2013, 08:03:52 pm »

Do people not look at you funny when you go places?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28156 on: March 03, 2013, 08:07:55 pm »

Do people not look at you funny when you go places?

Considering the X stitching across my face (Fake, tattooed. One is an old scar though) I get weird looks already.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28157 on: March 03, 2013, 08:08:30 pm »

I'm with Frumple on this one.  I need a bare minimum of protection.  Like those toe shoes that are getting popular lately.  I have a pair of those and they're good enough.  I just need something or else every object on the ground is a source of pain, and running is impossible on a surface that isn't soft or smooth.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28158 on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:05 pm »

Hmmm, I should probably amend that to "The only time I wear shoes is when there's more than two inches of snow, or when the mud is too deep. And buildings you get kicked out of for not having shoes on"

Sometimes they do, but usually they just assume I'm a hippy. :P
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28159 on: March 03, 2013, 08:13:32 pm »

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28160 on: March 03, 2013, 08:15:37 pm »

No offense dude. But like every post I've seen from you makes you just seem terrified of everything. Seriously dude.
Worried and a lil'hyperbolic, yeah, and no offense taken. S'a bit apt, though there's really a pretty specific (couple of) spectrum(s) of stuff that I get like that with. Going around relatively unprotected in relation to the environmental issues in my area just happens to be one of them :P Rather take a few precautions and be able to ignore a lot of problems than have to be even more hyperattentive to avoid stuff (and still occasionally bugger up and end up with poison ivy rashes again or somethin'.).

And yeah, I know it's pretty viable and untroubled in a lot of areas, and you probably can get by barefoot in my area, I just... wouldn't want to. Especially if you like meandering about the more interesting places, which usually involve things that probably want to eat (parts of) you. Even being pretty careful with shoes I still end up picking things out of the soles/out of the feet fairly often due to stuff that's just basically invisible. Long-ish grass plus the drunk/idiot issue and various wildlife. And... avoiding the long-ish grass isn't really possible in a lot of places, heh, short of not going there at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28161 on: March 03, 2013, 08:16:35 pm »

I need shoes due ot my problems with feet. I inherited my mom's problems, so Calluses, Warts, Ganglion Cysts, Torn, ripped, or shredded skin, and general pain are problem's I suffer. Weak foot support.

Also, my grandfather went on a Death march on WW2, and he'd probably come back from the dead(died in 2001, not on the march itself.) and beat me with my own hand if I tried that.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:20:45 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28162 on: March 03, 2013, 08:28:23 pm »

Worried and a lil'hyperbolic, yeah, and no offense taken.

No wonder you're *Frumple*. Everything makes you *Frumple*

You should be *Squeezing the juice* and dealing with these *Silly cows*. Come on man *Enjoy the sauce*
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28163 on: March 04, 2013, 05:55:27 am »

I don't wear shoes either, except when outside in the winter. Socks are worse than shoes though. Being a Swede, I don't really have to worry about warm asphalt in summer. It rarely gets hot enough to be a problem, except during the warmest period, I guess.

Besides, wearing shoes totally doesn't protect your feet. The only time I've had to pull something out of my sole the last two years or so was a week or so ago, when a small copper wire splinter that lay in ambush inside my right rubber boot needled itself into my foot.
Love, scriver~

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #28164 on: March 04, 2013, 09:06:42 am »

Although I know a few "barefooters", I shall not be one of them. I wear heavy stuff, preferably with metal plates on the inside somewhere. I want to feel the earth quiver beneath my feet.

Happy because I found A: a new band I like and B: going to see them live in a few months. Edit: Wrong thread. See, that's what you get for bringing happythreadbanter into the wtf.

I also now imagine Owlga to look like this: (album cover) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJMxhiAyNQ
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:14:58 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28165 on: March 04, 2013, 09:10:03 am »

If I wanted to avoid wearing shoes, I'd buy these things.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #28166 on: March 04, 2013, 10:10:27 am »

10 years ago we worked at the same walmart in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere.
6 years ago she was going to school for engineering when I was running their computer lab while attending the same university.
Now she is interning for dentistry and just happened to be at my dentists office this morning... 300 miles away.

What the hell?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28167 on: March 04, 2013, 10:13:19 am »

If I wanted to avoid wearing shoes, I'd buy these things.

Horrible. If common shoes are prisons, those things must be solitary confinement. Can't let the toes interact with each other in any way, they might rebell and come up with a plan to escape Devil's Island. Be careful with the one with a butterfly decal!
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28168 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:26 am »

Butterfly motif is a'ight. Had a dream once where swarms of butterflies ran around stripping people to the bone and then devouring the bones. It was colorful and awesome.

... okay, so maybe flesh devouring butterfly isn't the best thing to mark your feet with, but... whatever. Butterflies are neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28169 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:22 am »

10 years ago we worked at the same walmart in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere.
6 years ago she was going to school for engineering when I was running their computer lab while attending the same university.
Now she is interning for dentistry and just happened to be at my dentists office this morning... 300 miles away.

What the hell?

Destiny.  Only explanation.

Ok, it could be stalking.

... or coincidence, if you want to be realistic boring.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:25:48 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1876 1877 [1878] 1879 1880 ... 11040