Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463492 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #28110 on: March 03, 2013, 05:16:27 am »

I really like this design :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28111 on: March 03, 2013, 05:19:39 am »

That makes me very uncomfortable.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28112 on: March 03, 2013, 05:20:40 am »

So cute!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28113 on: March 03, 2013, 07:44:17 am »

That moment when you go back to DeviantArt after a long period of not giving a shit about DeviantArt and find that you have 138 notifications. 76 of these are things Shook drew.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28114 on: March 03, 2013, 10:56:11 am »

That moment when you go back to DeviantArt after a long period of not giving a shit about DeviantArt and find that you have 138 notifications. 76 of these are things Shook drew.
Why isn't this in the happy thread?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #28115 on: March 03, 2013, 12:19:44 pm »

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3hr4u4a3M1ql2603o1_250.gif

I know it's terrible, but just ... what.
... someone on B12 had that as an avatar for a while, a ways back.
That would be shoruke.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:22:40 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28116 on: March 03, 2013, 01:31:54 pm »

Snip.

I personally liked Follows-Chalk's dialogue.

Now, if there's any companion dialogue I hate, it's either Dean Domino's or God/Dog's. WHY WON'T YOU SHUT UP. Christine was okay, mainly because she was a mute, and then when she got her voice back, she wasn't a companion.

Now, I shall rate the DLCs:
5: Dead Money: This was so terrible it gets ranked in fifth place out of four. The speakers were annoying for two reasons. They were hidden too well and it never told you that the jukeboxes and HAM radios also activated your collar. The Ghost People, while stubborn about the concept of death, were awesome enemies, but since, besides Elijah, they were the only enemies you could kill, they got old. The clouds obstructed vision greatly and made collecting all the notes in the game much more difficult. The new weapons, for the most part, were uselessly low-leveled at the point I played the DLC (I played OWB right before it and got so many awesome things.). I disliked the fact that I couldn't bring any of my own stuff with me, nor could I come back to the place for 100 percent completion. It was also where I learned that I couldn't take any companions out of a DLC, so I was annoyed at not being able to take Christine with me. The environments felt copied and pasted. The plot was okay. It was a bad DLC, even for the first one.
4: Gun Runner's Arsenal: At least the toys it gave me were useful. And fun to collect.
3: Lonesome Road: It's Marked Men and Tunnelers were good-designed enemies, but they also got a bit old. The concept of warheads that I had to detonate was creative, but having to switch weapons every time I came across one became tedious. The scenery was bland, but I enjoyed the plot and the new weapons to play with (H&H Tools Nailgun~) were great. I also like the decision to send the nukes at both factions, because at the time I was wanting the independent ending I had heard about. I learned from a friend who also played it that I could have kept Ulysses alive, but the game didn't make it clear enough for me. I liked Ulysses' character. Overall, there were some bad features, but they were outweighed by the good features.
2: Honest Hearts: It was a bit short, but I enjoyed the characters, especially Follows-Chalk. The scenery was beautiful and radiation free (yessssss). There were enough new enemies that they didn't get old, and it was the second time I had encountered the Spore plants (first was in OWB). The new weapons were a bit underpowered at that point (I had played all the other DLCs at that point), but had great aesthetic appeal and throwing the tomahawks at the ants and radscorpions was hilarious. I liked the rock drawing that told me that not only did the Operator survive the nuclear apocalypse, but he bred. Somehow. I found the amount of water and the fact that it rained to be pleasant surprises. It was fun, but there were still a few things to improve on.
1: Old. World. Blues.: I knew I would love this DLC the moment Klein mentioned "feet-penises". The entire DLC was funny. Dala was the best of the Think Tank, followed by Mobius and then 0. The enemies were all either funny or awesome-looking, except the trauma harnesses, which bored me and were a bit frustrating because WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM?! WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF YOU?! The environment was amazing, especially the BLUE GRASSSS outside the think tank. The plot was interesting and the prospect of new weapons kept me going. The protonic axes of both sorts looked great and were effective enough for me to use them often. I LOVED the powerfist as a weapon, combined with the Toaster's super-heating. I also loved the stealth suit. She made the Lonesome Road less lonely. The Sink's appliances had hilarious personalities. My vote for best appliance is tied between Lightswitch 1 and the Toaster. I still bother to go back there sometimes to wander it again.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28117 on: March 03, 2013, 02:15:28 pm »

Huh, I'd switch Honest Hearts and Dead Money around. I loved Dead Money's feel and companions (and actual difficulty at points). Maybe it's exactly because I went into Honest Hearts with weapons that oneshotted everything there, and because it bugged out on my first try, but it wasn't all that good otherwise, either.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28118 on: March 03, 2013, 02:17:33 pm »

I always had a policy of never entering a Fallout DLC with anything more than Leather Armor and a small gun, which I think really enhances them.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:28:38 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28119 on: March 03, 2013, 02:26:43 pm »

I really need to start doing that more often. I'm the sort of person who hordes everything when the game allows me to, and I see an arsenal of seven weapons and a double handful of explosives as a light load. Even if I never use anything but my hunting shotgun. Seriously, once you've got one of those, you don't need anything else. You've got normal shot for most things, pulse slugs for Brotherhood and robots, a bunch of different things for being mean, and beanbags for lulz. :x

Re: Follows-Chalk: It wasn't the dialogue. It was the semirandom utterances, particularly the stealth one. "Like a ghost" or something every damned time. But then I normally roll with EDE and nobody else, so I might be a bit far from normal.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #28120 on: March 03, 2013, 02:28:10 pm »

Funnily enough, Using the companion glitch alllows you bring an armada of power armoured followers into Dead Money.

Or, of course, the Hot-key Ammo glitch for when everything absolutely positively must die.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28121 on: March 03, 2013, 02:37:59 pm »

E-DE is the best follower.
No complaints, no nattering, deadly laser.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28122 on: March 03, 2013, 03:15:55 pm »

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28123 on: March 03, 2013, 04:30:20 pm »

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/charlie-sheen-to-mentor-lindsay-lohan_3537184

Come on Charlie, what're you doing here?
No ulterior motives there, no sir, none at all.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28124 on: March 03, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »

I really need to start doing that more often. I'm the sort of person who hordes everything when the game allows me to, and I see an arsenal of seven weapons and a double handful of explosives as a light load. Even if I never use anything but my hunting shotgun. Seriously, once you've got one of those, you don't need anything else. You've got normal shot for most things, pulse slugs for Brotherhood and robots, a bunch of different things for being mean, and beanbags for lulz. :x

Re: Follows-Chalk: It wasn't the dialogue. It was the semirandom utterances, particularly the stealth one. "Like a ghost" or something every damned time. But then I normally roll with EDE and nobody else, so I might be a bit far from normal.

This further reinforces my assertation that Shotgun is Best Gun. Period.

Have you played F.E.A.R. the original? In that game, shotgun is god. At one point, that game gave me the option of picking up a multi-shot rocket launcher, a sniper-rifle-disintegrator-particle-gun, or I could keep my shotgun.
I kept my goddamn shotgun.

Also, a unrelated thing for me: Shoes. Let's talk about shoes for a second. Forrest Gump said you could tell a lot about a person by their shoes. Let's look at my shoes for a second.

Nondescript, black. Functional and comfortable. Not heavy duty or extremely tough, but enough for normal wear and tear. Old. Worn. Holes in the sides of the toe, and (in my newer pair) a holes in the edge of the heel. Not very pretty, missing pieces, asymmetrical between the two, with loosened strings popping up occasionally, the edges of the individual pieces of leather/what have you that make up the shoe are fraying. Despite the minor cosmetic damage, the shoe is still intact and still functions as a shoe. Not only that, but as I mentioned before, they are hella comfy. Molded to my foot, like a glove.

I keep trying to decide what this tells me about myself but I can't. o.o
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 11040