Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14476901 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27780 on: February 24, 2013, 10:55:05 pm »

No, he writes that way ALL THE TIME RRRGHH GRAMMAR RAGE
SPELLING RAGE TOO
IN FACT PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING TO DO WITH PUTTING WORDS IN THE PROPER ORDER RAGE
Woah Xantalos, watch it. You might hurt someone's feelings.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27781 on: February 24, 2013, 10:58:10 pm »

No, he writes that way ALL THE TIME RRRGHH GRAMMAR RAGE
SPELLING RAGE TOO
IN FACT PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING TO DO WITH PUTTING WORDS IN THE PROPER ORDER RAGE
Woah Xantalos, watch it. You might hurt someone's feelings.
FEELINGS ARE IRRELEVANT IN THE FACE OF COMPREHENSION
ALL SHALL BE ACTUALLY [REDACTED] READABLE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27782 on: February 24, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »

I really can't tell if it's on purpose or not. >.>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27783 on: February 24, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »

It might not be, considering s/he types like that everywhere. Still, how does anyone comprehend they without having to rewrite the entire thing?
Sig! Onol

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27784 on: February 25, 2013, 12:12:17 am »

I imagine the automated scheduling system must've had this conversation with itself tonight:
"It's roughly 11PM on a Sunday. This must be the perfect time to send Truean an email giving not one, but two appointed cases that require court appearances at 9:00AM Monday after not giving a case for two months.  Will there be conflicts with other obligations in other courts including felony arraignments? Dunno. (yes) Will Truean have the foggiest idea what these cases are about? Prolly not, seeing as there's less than 10 hours notice. Will Truean even be up to receive this assignment at this time of night. Dunno, let's send the email and find out. Sounds perfect. I'll just send that off and ... hey look, I've caused another aneurism. Wonder why that is. Silly humans, must be something wrong with their programing."

Automation, bad.

Fabulous.... Just .... Fabulous.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:14:47 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27785 on: February 25, 2013, 12:19:18 am »

It might not be, considering s/he types like that everywhere. Still, how does anyone comprehend they without having to rewrite the entire thing?
...They? O_o

And this is why the masculine default should be used widely. >:-I More contextual grammar makes English even more of a mess.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27786 on: February 25, 2013, 12:20:35 am »

Automation, bad.
Don't blame the system if the people using it have no idea what they are doing. Partly because being angry at a computer is far less satisfying that being angry at a moron.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27787 on: February 25, 2013, 12:26:53 am »

Can't I be upset at both? Pretty sure that's the American Way or something.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27788 on: February 25, 2013, 12:30:56 am »

The American Way is to blame absolutely everyone and -thing except yourself, save for special circumstances where blaming yourself benefits you in some way.  :P

...They? O_o

And this is why the masculine default should be used widely. >:-I More contextual grammar makes English even more of a mess.

It's why silly people shouldn't be trying to get rid of the use of 'they' as a singular pronoun. It's gender-neutral, and it isn't as if we don't us 'you' for both singular and plural second person. It's also less awkward to use than newly (relatively speaking) invented pronouns like 'xe'.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27789 on: February 25, 2013, 12:31:38 am »

Can't I be upset at both? Pretty sure that's the American Way or something.

Truean, you can be upset at whatever you want. :) We support you fully in your RAEG.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27790 on: February 25, 2013, 12:42:08 am »

Automation, bad.
Don't blame the system if the people using it have no idea what they are doing. Partly because being angry at a computer is far less satisfying that being angry at a moron.
Being angry at a moron using a computer is better than either.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27791 on: February 25, 2013, 01:37:02 am »

Automation, bad.
Being angry at a moron using a computer is better than either.
Usually accurate too, becauwe a moron on a computer is a force of nature. Of stupid, stupid nature.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27792 on: February 25, 2013, 01:55:27 am »

People in my house, arguing about gay marriage and about how Obama is going to implement Sharia laws in the United States. Must. Not. Kill. Them. All.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27793 on: February 25, 2013, 01:58:15 am »

You know what you have to do, Hans. Become gay and convert to Islam.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27794 on: February 25, 2013, 01:59:37 am »

Now, I WAS going to advocate killing them all, but Alex Jones beat me to it.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1851 1852 [1853] 1854 1855 ... 11037