Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485419 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27480 on: February 19, 2013, 03:48:10 pm »

We had to read Ender's Game.

I was some what annoyed that such a book got onto the state educations reading list, meaning to schools bought hundreds of copies of this book, supporting that asshole Orson Scott Card.

Good book, we had to read this in 8th grade

I am in the boat that if a book is good then it is a good book and it doesn't matter who wrote it.
Nobody is disagreeing with that.
I think the actual fight is wether or not Card being kind of an IRL dick is a reason to not use said Good Book unless it's stolen.

I don't think so. So he's kind of a douche. Lots of people are douches. Sometimes they group together and form a Douche squad. Then they find a name, get legitimized, and become music producers. Other times they stay independent and write engaging, thought-filled mental thrillers about gifted children that is 90% good book, 5% author tract and 5% Ender & co. being nude for no apparent external reason.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27481 on: February 19, 2013, 03:50:54 pm »

Well, he's a bit more than just a dick, he's a religious zealot.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #27482 on: February 19, 2013, 03:52:39 pm »

I checked his Wikipedia.

Misread LDS Faith for LSD Faith.

All my WTFs...

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27483 on: February 19, 2013, 03:54:33 pm »

You should have been more specific and said that link was 4chan related. Now I need to purge my computer and my brain.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27484 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:20 pm »

There are some cheeses that taste fine whole.

Though there are a few cheeses that I cannot stand eating on its own. Creame Cheese.... ugh!

Feta cheese is fucking delicious by itself. Literally fucking delicious. It's like a mouthgasm.
I tried it, but the cream and sortof sweetness made it not edible for my tastes.

Sorry I meant to write 'Feta Cheese Crumbles' like cheese croutons for salad. Normal just feta cheese, is yes, a bit much by itself.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27485 on: February 19, 2013, 04:02:44 pm »

We had to read Ender's Game.

I was some what annoyed that such a book got onto the state educations reading list, meaning to schools bought hundreds of copies of this book, supporting that asshole Orson Scott Card.

Good book, we had to read this in 8th grade

I am in the boat that if a book is good then it is a good book and it doesn't matter who wrote it.
Nobody is disagreeing with that.
I think the actual fight is wether or not Card being kind of an IRL dick is a reason to not use said Good Book unless it's stolen.

I don't think so. So he's kind of a douche. Lots of people are douches. Sometimes they group together and form a Douche squad. Then they find a name, get legitimized, and become music producers. Other times they stay independent and write engaging, thought-filled mental thrillers about gifted children that is 90% good book, 5% author tract and 5% Ender & co. being nude for no apparent external reason.

I don't particularly feel like giving him money to fund various "family" groups.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27486 on: February 19, 2013, 04:17:58 pm »

Finally did it.  Gave up caffeine last week.  Mixed feelings about the results.  There were a couple days I felt horrible and one day I slept like 16 hours.  Since then, I've had tons of energy.  Not like hyper energy.  Just staying power.  I normally have trouble forcing myself to sleep.  Not actually falling asleep, but willing myself to go lay the fuck down.  I've now gotten even worse about that.  I'm just not getting tired.  Today I woke up after about 4 hours of sleep for a few minutes to deal with something... and couldn't get back to sleep.  Laid there for half an hour and just couldn't fall asleep.  It's been several years since the last time I wasn't able to fall asleep within a few minutes of laying down.  I know I'm going to be tired at work later, but I'm also not going to have nearly the trouble I normally would staying awake and productive through it.

I'm very quickly reverting to the way I was before I started drinking coffee, even though I'm 8 years older.  I need to be awake for around a full 24 hours before I'm ready to sleep.  The only time I've ever been able to manage a normal 24 hour day schedule was when I was horribly caffeine dependent.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #27487 on: February 19, 2013, 04:20:21 pm »

well, i guess that is one positive thing for caffeine.

I am cutting way back on the stuff myself. I've only had 108 mg of the stuff today.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27488 on: February 19, 2013, 04:21:32 pm »

I'm not off caffeine, but I decided to stop drinking soda. Unfortunately it is the cheapest thing on campus besides water.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #27489 on: February 19, 2013, 04:23:26 pm »

I just realized I drink a lot of coffee (one a day. Yes, that is a lot for me) lately. I only drink so I have something to do while standing outside next to my smoking friends though >.>

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #27490 on: February 19, 2013, 04:23:28 pm »

I'm not off caffeine, but I decided to stop drinking soda. Unfortunately it is the cheapest thing on campus besides water.

Congratulations on that.  Soda is horrible.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27491 on: February 19, 2013, 04:32:57 pm »

Drink water then. Water is, understandably, the most efficient drink at getting water into your body.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27492 on: February 19, 2013, 04:34:36 pm »

Drink water then. Water is, understandably, the most efficient drink at getting water into your body.
The problems is that I don't really like water. I've never liked water, unless I am very, very thirsty.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27493 on: February 19, 2013, 04:40:13 pm »

The problems is that I don't really like water. I've never liked water, unless I am very, very thirsty.
I never understood how people can say they don't like water.
I mean... it's water. It's the liquid for drinking.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27494 on: February 19, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »

I never understood how people can say they don't like water.
I mean... it's water. It's the liquid for drinking.

I don't like water. It's a nonentity. If I wanted to drink flavorlessness, I'll drink water. Generally I prefer to drink something that tastes like literally anything but nothing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 ... 11037