Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1822 1823 [1824] 1825 1826 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480039 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27345 on: February 16, 2013, 11:10:26 pm »

Have you tried looking in your BIOS/UEFI options, Bd? You probably need to enable 'legacy boot', or get a less crappy laptop.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27346 on: February 16, 2013, 11:41:08 pm »

It took me a while to get my system dual-booting properly with the new UEFI system, and it required me to reinstall windows since the pre-packaged Lenovo windows is bulllllshiiiiit, but I managed to pull it off.

3 important things to remember:
1. DO NOT INSTALL GRUB IN THE SYSTEM BOOT. This will break your computer. User EasyBCD to set up the Boot Rules instead.
2. Be careful setting up your partitions.
3. If needed (if BCD does not recognize your Linux install, or you can't beat off the Linux disk to even install, which I was having a problem with) you'll have to modify your BIOS settings. There's quite a few that could need to be changed here - if you could tell me exactly where you had problems and what your laptop is, I could tell you which ones to change. There ARE ways around UEFI.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27347 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:24 am »

Rapidly...becoming...headcanon...
I've been following that comic since the beginning of episode 3. The whole time, I couldn't picture R2D2's voice as anything besides Cleveland.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27348 on: February 17, 2013, 12:32:01 am »

Rapidly...becoming...headcanon...
I've been following that comic since the beginning of episode 3. The whole time, I couldn't picture R2D2's voice as anything besides Cleveland.
God. Dammit.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27349 on: February 17, 2013, 01:33:42 pm »

I put three pieces of pizza, four chicken wings, and a glass of water in the microwave for three minutes.

The chicken-wings were not as hot as 3 minutes should have done, the pizza was perfect, but one of the slices pretty much flipped over.

What the fuck? Why? How did that happen? Did the water flip it, was it the wings, or what the hell!?

(The water is so that the pizza didn't get soggy. It actually works, huh.)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27350 on: February 17, 2013, 06:54:02 pm »

I do not understand why you would do those things, but okay.

On your actual question, you clearly have microwave imps. They become very upset by microwave frequency radiation and start trying to demolish everything around them. Unfortunately for them, they also need that radiation to live, and they're very, very tiny.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27351 on: February 17, 2013, 06:57:23 pm »

I'm gonna guess because you have implied that you put them in all at once?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27352 on: February 17, 2013, 09:36:44 pm »

It took me a while to get my system dual-booting properly with the new UEFI system, and it required me to reinstall windows since the pre-packaged Lenovo windows is bulllllshiiiiit, but I managed to pull it off.

3 important things to remember:
1. DO NOT INSTALL GRUB IN THE SYSTEM BOOT. This will break your computer. User EasyBCD to set up the Boot Rules instead.
2. Be careful setting up your partitions.
3. If needed (if BCD does not recognize your Linux install, or you can't beat off the Linux disk to even install, which I was having a problem with) you'll have to modify your BIOS settings. There's quite a few that could need to be changed here - if you could tell me exactly where you had problems and what your laptop is, I could tell you which ones to change. There ARE ways around UEFI.
or you could just get your hands on the UEFI keys released.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #27353 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59:43 pm »

So I started watching the season 3 finale of MLP:FiM just now. Barely a few seconds in, it erupts into a full blown musical. That escalated quickly.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27354 on: February 18, 2013, 12:01:24 am »

So I started watching the season 3 finale of MLP:FiM just now. Barely a few seconds in, it erupts into a full blown musical. That escalated quickly.
IT GETS WORSE.
IT GETS SO GODDAMN MUCH WORSE. THE ENTIRE EPISODE IS ONE LONG MUSICAL.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #27355 on: February 18, 2013, 12:27:23 am »

IT GETS WORSE.
IT GETS SO GODDAMN MUCH WORSE. THE ENTIRE EPISODE IS ONE LONG MUSICAL.
I actually just finished watching it. Loved it. That second song is fantastic, there's so many great piano melodies, and the animation at points reached new levels of "holyshitdemgraphiczTM." It was happy, enjoyably upbeat and catchy, and well-produced overall, not counting the occasional feeling of being a bit rushed due to the time constraints. I could post this in the happy thread, but I'd be repeating myself and probably have posted enuff pony on this forum in the last half-hour.

But if there was an official instrumental soundtrack for the show, I'd seriously buy it just for this episode's fantastic musical lineup. Dat piano, man.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #27356 on: February 18, 2013, 02:01:11 am »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:08:51 pm by penguinofhonor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27357 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:21 am »

It's a pretty good episode, which is sad because it probably would have been one of the best episodes in the series had it been allowed to be a 2-parter.
I can agree on that. Look at Discord's episode! Can you imagine that being crammed into one episode and still being fabulous?
Oh wait that's right - it WAS. And it WAS.
Still, a two-parter would've been better.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27358 on: February 18, 2013, 12:27:22 pm »

*Phew*, I thought only Andal and myself enjoyed the episode for awhile there.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27359 on: February 18, 2013, 12:29:24 pm »

1) There's a western animation thread you know  :'(
2) MLP discussion should still be directed toward the off site forum until Toady says otherwise. I've never agreed with that but, ya know...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1822 1823 [1824] 1825 1826 ... 11037