Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479252 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27315 on: February 15, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »

I discovered it to my not-really-that-shocked shock the other day, when the title idea "Fifty Shades of Dorian Gray" popped into my head. Googled it, found it on Amazon, found a whole slew of similar books on Amazon. Lost a little bit more of my humanity.
I think you became a little more average, instead of a bit further away from human.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27316 on: February 15, 2013, 02:48:26 pm »

I vaguely remember reading in a historical trivia book that a guy in the victorian wrote a guidebook to brothels in one city under the guise of being a warning to good and proper men to tell them where not to go according to the guide's introduction. And so of course it was apparently completely necessary for the guide to have descriptions of just how beautiful the women in each brothel were :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27317 on: February 15, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »

I noticed that when I stop joking and acting oddly in class... that I am suddenly wracked with anxiety.

UGH!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27318 on: February 15, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »

First, wtf are we talking about victorian brothel books for? ???

Secondly, hmm. I can't tell whether or not this will end well for anything useful.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27319 on: February 15, 2013, 04:57:54 pm »

Was in the middle of a wiki-crawl when I came across this:

According to a document, the Iranki, when Nobunaga was inspecting Iga province — which his army had devastated — a group of three ninja shot at him with large-caliber firearms. The shots flew wide of Nobunaga, however, and instead killed seven of his surrounding companions.

It was sourced to a published work, so I'm assuming that the research is accurate. In which case, I hope that the ninja were carrying multiple guns each, otherwise I'd have to wonder how they managed to kill seven people with three shots from 1570s-standard man-portable firearms.  :o

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27320 on: February 15, 2013, 04:59:45 pm »

I spent 6 (yes, SIX) hours running and writing up the first turn of my needlessly complicated yet incredibly fun RTD, and somehow managed not to kill any of the highly expendible players.  :o
This is a blank sig.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27321 on: February 15, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »

According to a document, the Iranki, when Nobunaga was inspecting Iga province — which his army had devastated — a group of three ninja shot at him with large-caliber firearms. The shots flew wide of Nobunaga, however, and instead killed seven of his surrounding companions.

It was sourced to a published work, so I'm assuming that the research is accurate. In which case, I hope that the ninja were carrying multiple guns each, otherwise I'd have to wonder how they managed to kill seven people with three shots from 1570s-standard man-portable firearms.  :o
They weren't standard, they were actually closer to cannons. Needed to be to have a chance at taking out Nobunaga!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27322 on: February 15, 2013, 05:23:40 pm »

They weren't standard, they were actually closer to cannons. Needed to be to have a chance at taking out Nobunaga!
He was nearly as good as Rasputin at surviving assassination attempts.

Wait. Wait ONE FUCKING SECOND. Rasputin was a legendary, nigh-unkillable. Vladmir Putin is a legendary badass. Vladmir was the name of a legendary vampire. HOW DID WE MISS IT!?

Putin is the newest cover identity of the being formerly known as Vlad Țepeș and Rasputin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27323 on: February 15, 2013, 05:41:15 pm »

Didn't Nobunaga take two shots from an assassin to the chest and live? So many tried killing the guy.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27324 on: February 15, 2013, 05:47:35 pm »

Clearly he was some kind of robot from future Japan sent back to ensure the amount of crazy was kept high.
This is a blank sig.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27325 on: February 15, 2013, 06:01:01 pm »

Chelyabinsk meteorite caught on camera.
Military units around the city are on full alert. Reportedly, a surface-to-air missile unit opened fire on the meteor as it descended.
Only in Russia do the citizens fire missiles at meteorites.

You have an extremely high-speed object inbound from orbit, that would almost certainly have nigh-identical thermal and radar signatures to an ICBM warhead, and be travelling along a very similar flight path. It's not even remotely surprising to hear that somebody tried to shoot it down.

EDIT:

http://news.yahoo.com/legal-loophole-could-hold-1m-dorner-reward-230004148--abc-news-topstories.html
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27326 on: February 15, 2013, 06:12:29 pm »

He was nearly as good as Rasputin at surviving assassination attempts.

Wait. Wait ONE FUCKING SECOND. Rasputin was a legendary, nigh-unkillable. Vladmir Putin is a legendary badass. Vladmir was the name of a legendary vampire. HOW DID WE MISS IT!?

Putin is the newest cover identity of the being formerly known as Vlad Țepeș and Rasputin.
I thought you guys all knew that! There's two of them, by the way - the other is Christopher Lee, formerly known as Merlin.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27327 on: February 16, 2013, 06:49:37 am »

What the hell. I just woke up at close to 4 in the morning, wide awake and afraid that I was late for (RL thing). You see, parents? You see what happens when I'm put to bed early?!
Sig! Onol

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27328 on: February 16, 2013, 07:34:07 am »

I'm imagining a cross between a sawed off and a rpg.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:55:33 am by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27329 on: February 16, 2013, 07:47:10 am »

...when I plugged in my mom's phone thing, you know when a little timer pops up telling you how long it'll be until full charge?
82 HOURS.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 11037