Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479297 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27300 on: February 15, 2013, 11:39:43 am »

Chelyabinsk meteorite caught on camera.
Military units around the city are on full alert. Reportedly, a surface-to-air missile unit opened fire on the meteor as it descended.
Only in Russia do the citizens fire missiles at meteorites.
Typically, "unit" implies military, not civilian.

Since when did citizen imply civilian?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27301 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:15 am »

See: edit made less than a second after your post :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27302 on: February 15, 2013, 11:43:51 am »

Does everyone in Russia drive around with a video camera recording? It seems like half the crazy clips on YT come from stoic Russians in their cars.
After 70 years of the Soviet Union, I think Russians feel uncomfortable unless they're under surveillance.  :P

"Sergei....I feel like no one is watching me. Here, tape me."
Don't be silly. Putin is always watching.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27303 on: February 15, 2013, 12:01:31 pm »

Does everyone in Russia drive around with a video camera recording? It seems like half the crazy clips on YT come from stoic Russians in their cars.
After 70 years of the Soviet Union, I think Russians feel uncomfortable unless they're under surveillance.  :P

But that's the problem...he watches everybody. So nobody feels special. Back in the good old days, the KGB had enough people that your secret police spy only watched maybe you and ten, twenty other people. You felt like you had a relationship -- one built on paranoia and crippling fear. Putin's like Santa Claus....if Santa Claus had a private paramilitary army of Cossacks.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27304 on: February 15, 2013, 12:30:38 pm »

But that's the problem...he watches everybody. So nobody feels special. Back in the good old days, the KGB had enough people that your secret police spy only watched maybe you and ten, twenty other people. You felt like you had a relationship -- one built on paranoia and crippling fear. Putin's like Santa Claus....if Santa Claus had a private paramilitary army of Cossacks.
I see nobody told you about the Secret Elf Service.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27305 on: February 15, 2013, 12:32:44 pm »

It's obvious Santa Claus invaded Scotland to steal their coal.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27306 on: February 15, 2013, 01:10:39 pm »

The hell? Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is not only something that exists, but it's awesome. Terrible*, but awesome.

*Maybe not that terrible, seems most of the original story was left intact. Sadly, I haven't read the original Pride and Prejudice, so I can't confirm that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27307 on: February 15, 2013, 01:37:29 pm »

There's also Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. It's a whole new genre these days.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27308 on: February 15, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

Anyone else ever forget to breathe?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27309 on: February 15, 2013, 02:24:25 pm »

Anyone else ever forget to breathe?
After reading that, yes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27310 on: February 15, 2013, 02:32:27 pm »

The hell? Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is not only something that exists, but it's awesome. Terrible*, but awesome.
Largely speaking, mashups of late Victorian classics is a thing now. First it was mashups with monster stories, now it's become a thing to mash them up with bad erotica, thanks to Fifty Shades of Grey. Examples include Fifty Shades of Dorian Gray, Pride and Promiscuity, and Jane Eyre Laid Bare.

Honestly, the idea of Victorian erotica is pretty damn funny in and of itself, considering the mores of the era.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27311 on: February 15, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »

Largely speaking, mashups of late Victorian classics is a thing now. First it was mashups with monster stories, now it's become a thing to mash them up with bad erotica, thanks to Fifty Shades of Grey. Examples include Fifty Shades of Dorian Gray, Pride and Promiscuity, and Jane Eyre Laid Bare.

Honestly, the idea of Victorian erotica is pretty damn funny in and of itself, considering the mores of the era.

I... did not know of the latter category. Now that I do, I am unsure if I should be laughing or cringing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27312 on: February 15, 2013, 02:40:11 pm »

I discovered it to my not-really-that-shocked shock the other day, when the title idea "Fifty Shades of Dorian Gray" popped into my head. Googled it, found it on Amazon, found a whole slew of similar books on Amazon. Lost a little bit more of my humanity.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27313 on: February 15, 2013, 02:42:31 pm »

Confusion check: You are aware that actual victorian erotica is both a thing and... frankly, a fair bit of it is on par with the debauchery modern internet gets about with? Yes, they were largely prim and proper in public, but that didn't exactly extend on a 1:1 ratio into anywhere else. A good chunk of the victorian era folks were freaks, man, by today's general mores.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27314 on: February 15, 2013, 02:44:42 pm »

Weren't the Victorians the ones who came up with the "party game" that involved unwrapping a stolen Egyptian mummy?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 11037