Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463116 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27060 on: February 12, 2013, 12:07:25 am »

So my alarm clocks (plural) didn't go off this morning... and I woke up at 11 am. Got ready for work, and arrived a bit after noon.

Now... fast forwards nearly 11 hours and I am still fucking at work.

Shit damn, I needed to commit this shit today.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27061 on: February 12, 2013, 12:32:27 am »

I encountered something before that blocked google.  Try going straight to some known antivirus sites too, if those are blocked you might have a problem.

*Note that I am not endorsing these (a few of them I actively hate) but I chose them for how well known they are.  These are only provided for convenience.  I am not a spambot.  *Beep Boop*
All except for Norton loaded, though McAfee took a couple of tries while Avast! and MSE would only load the text. I have a full MSE scan running right now, and will be running anti-malware and anti-spyware afterward, though I don't know if they will find anything.

Sirus, check your Proxy settings in all your browsers; if that seems fine, restart (thoguh you're already doing that). Also, you could try switching your DNS settings.
I'm holding off on the restart until my scans are finished; I once restarted without scanning and it took nearly a week to clean out of my system afterward.

I'm not using any proxy on my browser currently (not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or not). The DNS and stuff like that is all set to automatic.

TURBOEDIT: Okay...browsing is working just fine now? O_o;
Things are moving a little more slowly than usual, but all the websites I've tried to visit (including Google and a variety of anti-whatever sites) are loading again.
Still gonna scan everything and restart though.
Spoke too soon, shit's broken again.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27062 on: February 12, 2013, 04:34:33 am »

THE POKEMON MESSAGE
A seductive vision: to become Pokemon masters
a tempting promise: supernatural power
a new objective: keep collecting Pokemon
an urgent command: "gotta catch them all"

These enticements are drilled into young minds through clever ads, snappy slogans, and the "Pokeman rap" at the end of each TV episode:

"I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokeman to understand
The power that's inside.
Gotta catch them all!"

The last line, the Pokemon mantra, fuels the craving for more occult cards, games, toys, gadgets, and comic books. There's no end to the supply, for where the Pokemon world ends, there beckons an ever-growing empire of new, more thrilling, occult, and violent products. Each can transport the child into a fantasy world that eventually seems far more normal and exciting than the real world. Here, evil looks good and good is dismissed as boring.

I was just going to post that quote, but then I read more, shit be crazy.

"What does 'summon' mean?" he asked his mother after school one day.

"Summon? Why do you ask?"

He told her that during recess on the playground the children would "summon" the forces on the cards they collect by raising sticks into the air and saying, "'Spirits enter me.' They call it 'being possessed.'"

Strange as it may sound to American ears, demonic possession is no longer confined to distant lands. Today, government schools from coast to coast are teaching students the skills once reserved for the tribal witchdoctor or shaman in distant lands. Children everywhere are learning the pagan formulas for invoking "angelic" or demonic spirits through multicultural education, popular books, movies, and television. It's not surprising that deadly explosions of untamed violence suddenly erupt from "normal" teens across our land.

Occult role-playing games teach the same dangerous lessons. They also add a sense of personal power and authority through personal identification with godlike superheroes. Though the demonic realm hasn't changed, today's technology, media, and multicultural climate makes it easier to access, and harder than ever to resist its appeal.

in the realm of popular role-playing games - whether it's Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, or other selections -- the child becomes the master. As in contemporary witchcraft, he or she wields the power. Their arm, mind, or power-symbol (the pokemon or other action figure) become the channel for the spiritual forces. Children from Christian homes may have learned to say, "Thy will be done," but in the role-playing world, this prayer is twisted into "My will be done!" God, parents, and pastors no longer fit into the picture fantasized by the child.

a classmate gave him one of the magic cards, which he showed his mother. It was called "Soul exchange" and pictured spirits rising from graves. Like all the other cards in this ghastly game, it offered a morbid instruction: "Sacrifice a white creature."

If you share my concerns, you may want to follow these suggestions. They will help you equip your child with the awareness needed to resist occult entertainment:

1. First, look at God's view of contemporary toys, games and cartoons. As a family, read Scriptures and compare them with the values encouraged by Pokemon and other role-playing games.

2. Share your observations. Spark awareness in a young child with comments such as, "That monster looks mean!" or "That creature reminds me of a dragon," along with "Did you know that in the Bible, serpents and dragons always represent Satan and evil?"

3. To teach young children a Biblical attitude toward evil before they learn to delight in gross, ugly characters, make comments such as, "Who would want to play with that evil monster? I don't even like to look at him. Let's find something that makes us feel happy inside."

4. Model wise decision-making. Tell your child why you wouldn't want to buy certain things for yourself.

After hearing God's warning and praying for His wisdom, nine-year-old Alan Brannan decided to throw away all his Pokemon cards. "My friend did the same," said his mother. "Her twelve year old son had been having nightmares. But after a discussion with his parents about the game and its symbols, he was convicted to burn his cards and return his Gameboy game. That night slept well for the first time in a month."
so, Alan Brannan's Mothers friend also collected pokemon cards it seems.

"It seemed to us that these cards had some sort of power," continued DiAnna Brannan. "Another nine-year-boy had stolen money from his mother's purse ($7.00) to buy more cards. When questioned, he confessed and said he had heard the devil urging him to do it. The family quickly gathered in prayer, then saw God's answer. Both the boy and his little sister burned their cards, warned their friends, and discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd.

it just keeps going on and on...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:04:33 am by Valid_Dark »
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27063 on: February 12, 2013, 04:37:24 am »

heres your problem, you used some horrid scans to clean out hijacked stuff that since they are highly known, its easy for the malware to dodge the scan.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
if first link failed to installhttp://www.malwarebytes.org/products/chameleon/
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/
do FULL SCAN
possible you might have a rootkit in the system. http://support.kaspersky.com/5350 try running this after the AV scans (note if this is blocked we even got a longer list of shit on this computer that you might as well wipe out)

these known scanners that are able to install on highly infected systems, just requires a Safe mode with Networking.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27064 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:00 am »

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27065 on: February 12, 2013, 06:46:16 am »

heres your problem, you used some horrid scans to clean out hijacked stuff that since they are highly known, its easy for the malware to dodge the scan.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
if first link failed to installhttp://www.malwarebytes.org/products/chameleon/
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/
do FULL SCAN
possible you might have a rootkit in the system. http://support.kaspersky.com/5350 try running this after the AV scans (note if this is blocked we even got a longer list of shit on this computer that you might as well wipe out)

these known scanners that are able to install on highly infected systems, just requires a Safe mode with Networking.
And if all else, fails, you have to pull out the combofix. It's effective, but a little bit risky. Also, check your browser addons.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #27067 on: February 12, 2013, 09:01:23 am »

Yeah, it's a really old bug that happens when a squid forgets it's supposed to constrain itself to water blocks and just floats away.
huehue
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27068 on: February 12, 2013, 09:08:50 am »

So... fractal water.

The blue stuff is water, unsurprisingly. The weird part is that it flows uphill in a perfect Sierpinski triangle.

Siiigh.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #27069 on: February 12, 2013, 09:22:36 am »

I would pay so many dollars to see actual water do that just once.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27070 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:16 am »

-snip-
So... Much... Child abuse... Must... Spread words... Of joy... For pagan children's trading card games...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27071 on: February 12, 2013, 10:08:40 am »

-snip-
So... Much... Child abuse... Must... Spread words... Of joy... For pagan children's trading card games...
Where is that quote from?
So... fractal water.

The blue stuff is water, unsurprisingly. The weird part is that it flows uphill in a perfect Sierpinski triangle.

Siiigh.
This is one way to define losing I call that failing with style.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27072 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:18 am »

-snip-
"Ugly is evil."
Christian Mothers for a Satan-Free Home.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27073 on: February 12, 2013, 10:59:33 am »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27074 on: February 12, 2013, 11:22:17 am »

" Both the boy and his little sister(...)discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd.

Does anyone else find the sheep analogy annoying? Who the hell would ever want to be a *sheep* of all things? I'd much rather be a wolf than a sheep.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 ... 11040