Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457600 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26925 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:38 am »

Yeah, the fix seems to be fairly easy to do (after a bit of looking), but the fact that it disappeared in the first place and is resisting going back is really bizarre.

EDIT:
Wow, that really looks like it'd be useful for anti-graffiti. I wonder how much it costs, and how durable it is.
About $2500 for 5 gallons each of top and bottom coat.
Its pretty cheap for smaller amounts though ($35 for a much smaller set). I imagine that would last you through quite a lot of the type of applications that you would use it for on a personal basis (waterproofing clothes, or painting materials or whatever).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:35:09 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26926 on: February 09, 2013, 12:45:35 am »

As one of the youtube commenters said. How do you wash it off if it gets on your skin?

Wait until the skin cells die off, like you would if you super glued a small spot or permanent markered a spot. Skin is kind of like a conveyor belt.

Also, this may sound strange, but that stuff would be AMAZING for murder.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26927 on: February 09, 2013, 12:49:10 am »

We have no proof that it repels blood efficiently enough to keep it off of an object to the extent that forensic investigation would prove useless.

Also, if you're suspected of murder and one of your knives is covered in this repellent, that's going to look suspicious.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26928 on: February 09, 2013, 12:49:42 am »

Its pretty cheap for smaller amounts though ($35 for a much smaller set). I imagine that would last you through quite a lot of the type of applications that you would use it for on a personal basis (waterproofing clothes, or painting materials or whatever).

Guess what: That "smaller set" is just the bottles - It stated you need to buy the top and bottom coats separately.

"Include two 32 oz. trigger sprayers for use with Ever-Dry coatings (top and bottom coatings sold separately)."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26929 on: February 09, 2013, 12:52:59 am »

Well damn, there goes any possibility of me buying any of that this decade.
We have no proof that it repels blood efficiently enough to keep it off of an object to the extent that forensic investigation would prove useless.

Also, if you're suspected of murder and one of your knives is covered in this repellent, that's going to look suspicious.
It looks good enough that it would remove at least 99.99% of the blood if you simply shook it off. And even if there was a tiny trace amount of blood, they wouldn't be testing for blood (although of course it would still have the DNA on it) if there wasn't any visible at all.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26930 on: February 09, 2013, 12:54:45 am »

Those are both valid points. But from what the video shows, most of the blood would roll off, if it reacted as water/oil does. Very little would get caught on your chosen instrument, making the forensic investigator's jobs a bit harder than it would be normally. There is also the fact that forensic testing takes MONTHS to get processed, giving you a significant lead time to get rid of all the evidence you can.

And as for the second point, you never ever ever keep a murder weapon. Getting away with murder seems like it requires this: Either do not let them find the body, or get rid of all physical evidence that could ever be even remotely linked to you. Kill the person in the woods, with a rock. Take that rock to a lake, and throw it in the lake somewhere. Burn your clothing. If possible, hide their body in pieces all over somewhere deep in a nontrafficked area as well as you can.

The good news is that I have no intention of ever murdering someone, so I don't have to test how thorough I would be in such a situation. Back to the Ever Dry discussion. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26931 on: February 09, 2013, 12:58:23 am »

I've never heard these murder tips before!! :o LOL J/K because the murders we hear about are the ones where the guy got caught, so of course published stories will almost always be of the people who didn't hide their tracks sufficiently. In ever published case, the guy did at least 1 thing wrong.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26932 on: February 09, 2013, 01:03:42 am »

I think going the other way with murder is the best way: Have nothing that connects you to the person that you are murdering in any way. This way if your DNA isn't already in the system, and you are careful not to touch anything, there will be absolutely nothing linking you to the crime. Now this requires that you don't have any personal motive, but I am pretty sure that as long as you don't screw up fairly big time, you won't ever be caught.

Although evidence is a huge part, far bigger are motives and such, if they don't know who they are looking for then they will never even be able to come close to catching you. So if you just randomize things (eg. pick a random city at a random time each year using different killing methods), then they won't catch you unless they get your picture or something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26933 on: February 09, 2013, 01:04:17 am »

For all that they've accomplished, modern forensic science is not why most murderers are caught. Most murderers are caught because they usually know the person they kill and are unstable enough to go through with murder in the first place, precluding the kind of skill required to avoid being caught.

When a person avoids both of those things but has an egotistical streak, we get Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac Killer.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26934 on: February 09, 2013, 01:08:18 am »

Yeah, something like 80+% of murders are done to people the murderer knows (the rest are attacks of opportunity/muggings gone bad/random acts of violence/etc.). The funny thing about this means that you are actually overall more likely to be murdered if you go out walking late at night with only one of your friends then if you go out walking by yourself. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26935 on: February 09, 2013, 01:47:49 am »

In conclusion then, the most lethal killer out there is a gamer with possession powers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26936 on: February 09, 2013, 01:59:17 am »

If I had one wish, it would be to be able to cast all the spells out of DnD (all editions) with all possible feats if I so chose, with no memorization limitations, as a 80th level epic caster in all caster classes, including but not limited to normal Wizard spells, Cleric, Druid, Shadowcaster, Truenamer, Psionicist, and so on.
Because then I would be a god, pretty much. Think about how horrifyingly awesome the 3rd level spell Protection from Normal Missiles would be in a gunfight. "Oh, you shoot me? All 200 of you? With tanks and artillery and planes and shit? Yeah, no effect."
Explosive weaponry? Protection from Fire/Normal Missiles and Stoneskin, as well as casting Regeneration on yourself beforehand.
And let's not get started on the fact that you have Permanency. So all this is permanent if you so choose. Not to mention that you'd be the ONLY person in the world with magic. Dimension door. Disintegrate. Polymorph. Summon Monster spells. Magic missile. Magic fucking missile would be the most OP shit ever IRL.
"Disarm him." *They do so* *You shoot them all to death with magic missile because magic* 

Or Contingency. "If they shoot rocket launchers, explosive ammunition, or anything else that might actually harm me, in my general direction, I dimension door to an area at least 10 miles from anyone that could detect me." And if you Chain Contingency, Dimension door + Invisibility + Improved Stoneskin. So. Many things you could do. You'd never be late for anything. You'd always have defenses. You could charm animals at will, change into any creature, real or imagined, possible (Yes, polymorph into a fucking Xenomorph or a Predator or a Doppelganger or a DRAGON) create things at will, enchant items, or you know, CAST MOTHERFUCKING WISH. DnD magic would equal Instant Win in reality.

Sorry, might be a bit of a tangent there.
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26937 on: February 09, 2013, 02:02:06 am »

You'd need ingredients if you're going by the Forgotten Realms ruleset.

Still totally OP, but...

Also I get the feeling even a master wizzard would have to use some effort to stop a tank shell. Those things are not fucking around.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26938 on: February 09, 2013, 02:04:31 am »

Still totally OP, but...

Also I get the feeling even a master wizzard would have to use some effort to stop a tank shell. Those things are not fucking around.
'I open a dimension door in the path of a railgun bullet to intercept the tankshot!'
'Stop showing off.'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26939 on: February 09, 2013, 02:05:30 am »

Still totally OP, but...

'I open a dimension door in the path of a railgun bullet to intercept the tankshot!'
'Stop showing off.'
You'd need to make a really difficult Reflex save to pull that off...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 ... 11040