Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457767 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26910 on: February 08, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »

Give it five years and it'll be a third of the price.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #26911 on: February 08, 2013, 10:05:42 pm »

Don't you see? He tore those poor beards away from their homes and families, causing them great distress before they finally died, blowing apart in the cold wind. No sentence would be too great for a many who brought terror to so many innocent beards!
You're right. What was I thinking? My beard just shed a tear in shame.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26912 on: February 08, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »

;0Also, justice is served. They were cut down in the prime of life, but now they have been avenged.
15 years? I mean yeah, what he did was wrong, but 15 years?

Well I guess that's better than the life the prosecution was asking for.
Don't you see? He tore those poor beards away from their homes and families, causing them great distress before they finally died, blowing apart in the cold wind. No sentence would be too great for a many who brought terror to so many innocent beards!

:) ....

Go ahead, keep on electing judges and legislatures who are "tough on crime," while paying public defenders shamefully low wages and looking down on 'em. Keep on deluding yourself that you shouldn't pay attorneys because [your] case is "easy," and saying how it seems so simple to you.... Better not cut anybody's beard or do any other equally and unpredictably ridiculous thing....

Because, clearly, he was deterred by the legal system's predictable and fair results, which would've necessitated him being able to even imagine a 15 year sentence for cutting somebody's beard....

:(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:24:03 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26913 on: February 08, 2013, 10:53:43 pm »

Wasn't it a wee bit more than cutting people's beards? Like... multiple cases of assault and assault and harassment and generally other bad shit? From what I understand, the actual attacks were kind of the topping on the cake.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26914 on: February 08, 2013, 10:54:27 pm »

That, and organizing a violent cult.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26915 on: February 08, 2013, 11:00:26 pm »

Give it five years and it'll be a third of the price.
Not sure. It really depends on the advancement of technology in that domain. There is plenty of useful inventions that are held back because they're economically not interesting. You need more than knowing how to make something for using it in mass.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:04:21 pm by PanH »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26916 on: February 08, 2013, 11:39:21 pm »

Say, I wonder if it would work on snow and ice. Just coat the roads with it once a year.

Also, justice is served. They were cut down in the prime of life, but now they have been avenged.
First time I heard about these drive-by shavings, I lol'd pretty hard.

Science, have you gone to far?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IfUaKXasdD4
If that stuff is food-safe, you could put it on the inside of a salsa bottle and get every last drop.
I'm more concerned how that stuff stands up to wear and tear. What does it take to scratch it off? Does anything dissolve it? Other than those concerns, that is fucking awesome, and I don't say that unless I really mean it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26917 on: February 08, 2013, 11:52:12 pm »

As one of the youtube commenters said. How do you wash it off if it gets on your skin?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26918 on: February 08, 2013, 11:53:28 pm »

You don't. That's why you got iron files.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #26919 on: February 08, 2013, 11:55:49 pm »

Wow, that really looks like it'd be useful for anti-graffiti. I wonder how much it costs, and how durable it is.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26920 on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:10 am »

The volume icon on my toolbar disappeared. I can handle it with my keyboard, but its still really strange.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26921 on: February 09, 2013, 12:20:48 am »

Wow, that really looks like it'd be useful for anti-graffiti. I wonder how much it costs, and how durable it is.
About $2500 for 5 gallons each of top and bottom coat.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26922 on: February 09, 2013, 12:22:41 am »

The volume icon on my toolbar disappeared. I can handle it with my keyboard, but its still really strange.
I had that happen to me not too long ago. I think the fix involve logging off and on again or something.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26923 on: February 09, 2013, 12:24:00 am »

That would also be really useful for covert graffiti. Find a ratty car that may be painted in the near future and go to town.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26924 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:09 am »

About $2500 for 5 gallons each of top and bottom coat.

The stuff is pretty damn new, and they're going to milk the bleeding-edge people who really need it, for whatever they'll pay for it, for now. Sooner rather than later though, production levels will increase and they'll make more total profits by dropping the price. If someone else creates a rival product, that'll happen a lot faster.

That would also be really useful for covert graffiti. Find a ratty car that may be painted in the near future and go to town.

Don't they normally sand down cars before repainting? That'd defeat the covert graffiti, unless the repainting job was extremely sloppy, and even then, they'd notice right away and sand it properly.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:26:43 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 11040