Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441646 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26685 on: February 06, 2013, 01:06:28 am »

And this is why the police are fucking inept.
I'm not sure "inept" is the proper word here. This is way beyond inept O_O;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26686 on: February 06, 2013, 01:08:09 am »

There is no way. In hell. That there isn't something else going on here.

Just....just....what the fuck.

I'm glad they managed to avoid killing any schoolchildren in their lead rain. If the cops don't get reigned in though, eventually something like that is going to happen. They get more and more trigger happy every year.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26687 on: February 06, 2013, 01:10:26 am »

I can assume the dialouge went something like this:

'rabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblegunsrabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabbleshootkillrabblerabblerabblerabblerabblepotatorabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblehippiesrabblerabble
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26688 on: February 06, 2013, 01:10:34 am »

The best part is, you just know the worst thing to happen to them will be a 2 week suspension with pay. God, this is ridiculous.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26689 on: February 06, 2013, 01:11:51 am »

So... there was a rather bizarre (and holy fuck excessively violent) police incident in Cleveland.

Officer spots a couple people in a vehicle near a homeless shelter acting suspicious.  He believes they're involved in drug activity.  When he approaches the vehicle, they speed away.  He doesn't give chase.  He doesn't report the incident.  He goes into the homeless shelter and starts threatening to arrest people if they don't give him information about who was in that vehicle.

Another officer (unaware of the above) spots the fleeing suspects shortly after and gives chase.  Soon there are 115 officers involved in the chase.  Only 3 of them had permission to pursue (which is a requirement).  Some had even been told to drop the pursuit and ignored the order.

So many officers were involved in this pursuit all communicating with each other over their radios, that the information swapping turned into a high-speed high-adrenaline game of telephone.  Over the course of the 22-minute chase, everyone's perception of danger continually escalated.  Officers involved in the chase believed that the suspect had rammed police vehicles, blown a tire, and fired weapons.  None of these things turned out to be.

When they finally stopped the vehicle in a middle-school parking lot, police surrounded the suspect vehicle and began firing their weapons.  The scene was so disorganized that police were crossfiring at each other, which turned into the belief that the suspects were returning fire.  So this turned into about 18 seconds of guns blazing.  Over 140 shots fired.  One officer climbed on top of his patrol car and fired 49.  When the smoke cleared, both suspects were dead, both were completely unarmed, tons of damage had been done to police equipment all by other police, and it was a miracle none had shot each other.

Have a link.
I am strangely not surprised that such a thing happens here in the United States of America. I sorely do believe that the police need to be nerfed. I get incredibly paranoid whenever I see a police cruiser drive on by because I'm always afraid that they are going to seize my personal computer for whatever reason. But I digress and state that my statement still stands that I am not surprised that such a thing happened here in the United States of America.
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26690 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:06 am »

The best part is, you just know the worst thing to happen to them will be a 2 week suspension with pay. God, this is ridiculous.
Normally I'd back that, but things are starting to change. Paid suspension has become thoroughly disgusting to the general public, and I think courts and police know it. We've been seeing more terminations and even a few prosecutions. It's still nothing more than them sacrificing the worst of the lot to protect themselves, but it's something. They can only maintain the PR disaster tactics for so long without negative feedback.

Things will probably improve once Obama gets to shuffle the Supreme Court to a liberal majority, as the current court has been backing cops on almost everything, albeit 5-4. More Democrats couldn't hurt either, we all know the GOP would sooner give the police machine guns than restrict them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #26691 on: February 06, 2013, 01:22:05 am »

The report, prepared by investigators from the state Bureau of Criminal Identification & Investigation, the Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office and East Cleveland police, doesn't give an opinion on whether the officers' actions were legal.

That decision will be left up to McGinty. Some community members and the American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio have asked McGinty to request a special prosecutor because, among other reasons, the union that represents the officers involved endorsed him.

McGinty declined that request.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26692 on: February 06, 2013, 08:24:21 am »

A minor "What the fuck?" that I have had so far this morning is a dream about Sailor Moon being re-branded as an Irish version of an animated Gossip Girl, and this somehow involved cheeseburgers. I now want a cheeseburger and some artwork of one Usagi Tsukino, who was my third childhood crush back in the nineties. You don't want to know who the first two were, because it gets kind of weird having a crush when you are four or five years old.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26693 on: February 06, 2013, 12:24:22 pm »

I now want a cheeseburge
Futurama is right, corporations are beaming products into your dreams with radiation.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #26694 on: February 06, 2013, 12:48:06 pm »

So... there was a rather bizarre (and holy fuck excessively violent) police incident in Cleveland.

Officer spots a couple people in a vehicle near a homeless shelter acting suspicious.  He believes they're involved in drug activity.  When he approaches the vehicle, they speed away.  He doesn't give chase.  He doesn't report the incident.  He goes into the homeless shelter and starts threatening to arrest people if they don't give him information about who was in that vehicle.

Another officer (unaware of the above) spots the fleeing suspects shortly after and gives chase.  Soon there are 115 officers involved in the chase.  Only 3 of them had permission to pursue (which is a requirement).  Some had even been told to drop the pursuit and ignored the order.

So many officers were involved in this pursuit all communicating with each other over their radios, that the information swapping turned into a high-speed high-adrenaline game of telephone.  Over the course of the 22-minute chase, everyone's perception of danger continually escalated.  Officers involved in the chase believed that the suspect had rammed police vehicles, blown a tire, and fired weapons.  None of these things turned out to be.

When they finally stopped the vehicle in a middle-school parking lot, police surrounded the suspect vehicle and began firing their weapons.  The scene was so disorganized that police were crossfiring at each other, which turned into the belief that the suspects were returning fire.  So this turned into about 18 seconds of guns blazing.  Over 140 shots fired.  One officer climbed on top of his patrol car and fired 49.  When the smoke cleared, both suspects were dead, both were completely unarmed, tons of damage had been done to police equipment all by other police, and it was a miracle none had shot each other.

Have a link.

Every one of those officers should be charged with 2 counts of murder, convicted and receive the maximum sentence allowable. There is no excuse for that kind of wonton criminality, especially in the police force.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26695 on: February 06, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »

Problem being that the pair *did* fail to stop for a police officer, and *were* jacked up on coke apparently.

No, it's nowhere remotely close to justifying what happened. Problem is that gives just enough of an opening for people to make the rhetorical argument of "Well, they *were* criminals."

The issue they might get more traction on is why the fuck it escalated into half the Cleveland PD chasing one damn car, and opening up the firepower like the climax of an action movie when the suspects were completely unarmed. Especially when a number of officers had been ordered to disengage from the chase.

But hey...it's Cleveland. I wouldn't hold your breath. Cleveland is basically a smaller Detroit without the redeeming qualities.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26696 on: February 06, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

I think I have a crush on my (correct this time) math prof.  She's not 'hot' per se, but her attitude is unforgiving and she has an accent.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Skold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26697 on: February 06, 2013, 01:16:11 pm »

I think I have a crush on my (correct this time) math prof.  She's not 'hot' per se, but her attitude is unforgiving and she has an accent.
You have just made me realize that I have a crush on James Rolfe, the "Angry Video Game Nerd" for the same reasons. What the fuck?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26698 on: February 06, 2013, 01:30:13 pm »

You have just made me realize that I have a crush on James Rolfe, the "Angry Video Game Nerd" for the same reasons. What the fuck?

WTF indeed.  That's exactly what I thought when I realized it! :P so I posted it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26699 on: February 06, 2013, 02:02:10 pm »

Bus was a few minutes early at a specific stop today, so the driver waited a few minutes, with the doors closed.
Suddenly, a girl knocks at the door. He doesn't immediately responds so she asks if she can get in.

"No!"

She moves away, but he yells at her that she can come in after all. She looks a bit unhappy, and quickly tries to walk to a seat. Than he pulls at her arm so she stand next to him and he asks her if she understood why he said no. She obviously does not and he responds:

"You were asking me if you could get in, while you KNEW I was going to say yes. So I said no"

What the...

After I got out of the bus and walked towards my home, I looked back to see why he didn't drive past me yet. The bus driver was lecturing the people in the bus about something >.>
Pages: 1 ... 1778 1779 [1780] 1781 1782 ... 11040