Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1761 1762 [1763] 1764 1765 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443529 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26430 on: February 01, 2013, 09:56:22 pm »

Oh dear. I've been sucked into it again.

Q-If God created the world 6,000 years ago or so, why are stars millions of light years away?

A-Brendon, what a question! Yes, we know from the dates God gives us in the Bible that He did create the whole universe about 6,000 years ago. When we hear the term light-year, we need to realize it is not a measure of time but a measure of distance, telling us how far away something is. Distant stars and galaxies might be millions of light-years away, but that doesn’t mean that it took millions of years for the light to get here, it just means it is really far away!

I-Wha-? I don't even... My desk isn't capable of withstanding faceslamming of that magnitude!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26431 on: February 01, 2013, 09:57:08 pm »

The proper way to build Warhammer sets.
That poor table. That poor, poor table. What did that table ever do to that guy to deserve such treatment?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26432 on: February 01, 2013, 09:57:32 pm »

Oh dear. I've been sucked into it again.

Q-If God created the world 6,000 years ago or so, why are stars millions of light years away?

A-Brendon, what a question! Yes, we know from the dates God gives us in the Bible that He did create the whole universe about 6,000 years ago. When we hear the term light-year, we need to realize it is not a measure of time but a measure of distance, telling us how far away something is. Distant stars and galaxies might be millions of light-years away, but that doesn’t mean that it took millions of years for the light to get here, it just means it is really far away!

I-Wha-? I don't even... My desk isn't capable of withstanding faceslamming of that magnitude!
You require more mayo.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26433 on: February 01, 2013, 10:02:34 pm »

That's a weird response. The usual one I've seen for that question is "God created the light close to Earth", which is hardly any better, but at least doesn't try to manipulate real units.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26434 on: February 01, 2013, 10:03:18 pm »

I found a thread where these dudes are talking about how fantastic this photo of a sobbing woman in a wedding dress is. She's clearly the epitome of the ruined western woman: a brazen lonely whore about to get her comeuppance.

I am nearing the bottom of the rabbit hole. I think I'll pull out before I get there.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26435 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:37 pm »

I found a thread where these dudes are talking about how fantastic this photo of a sobbing woman in a wedding dress is. She's clearly the epitome of the ruined western woman: a brazen lonely whore about to get her comeuppance.

I am nearing the bottom of the rabbit hole. I think I'll pull out before I get there.
Any motivation I might have had to visit that site to laugh at stupidity just dried up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26436 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:24 pm »

There's a sort of uncanny valley of extremism. On one side of it, you can tell that they're just grumpy dudes who got out of bad marriages looking for ways to politicize their angst. On the other side of it, there's the people who think all women are participating in a global anti-man conspiracy theory.

Unfortunately, to laugh at the sides you frequently have to trudge through the middle. The middle just makes you lose hope in humanity.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26437 on: February 01, 2013, 10:43:47 pm »

There's a sort of uncanny valley of extremism. On one side of it, you can tell that they're just grumpy dudes who got out of bad marriages looking for ways to politicize their angst. On the other side of it, there's the people who think all women are participating in a global anti-man conspiracy theory.

Unfortunately, to laugh at the sides you frequently have to trudge through the middle. The middle just makes you lose hope in humanity.
Can't lose what you never had, my man. Its why I find such things hilarious without exception.

Als, the conspiracy theory site is less offensive.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And I really never understood why peopl aer into the CIA controlling the country. It isn't even allowed in the country. the FBI could be runnignt he whole country, and pinnign it off on the CIA.
Also, most atheists are evil dictators.
Time to switch philosophies then.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:03:24 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26438 on: February 01, 2013, 10:59:43 pm »

I think what really makes that pyramid is the fact that they misspelled "retirement".

Also, apparently everyone is evil.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #26439 on: February 01, 2013, 11:02:04 pm »

Is that...is that Queen Elizabeth at the tippy-top?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26440 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:08 pm »

It appears to be a giant eye made of blood there Dhokarena.

But yes. Under the blood eyed god it appears to be a old woman, possibly Queen Elizabeth.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26441 on: February 01, 2013, 11:12:13 pm »

I would legitimately not be surprised if Her Majesty really did rule the world. Things are going way too smoothly for it to be anyone else.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26442 on: February 01, 2013, 11:14:02 pm »

Is that...is that Queen Elizabeth at the tippy-top?
The Mastermind, of it all. The eye just represents her UNENDING GAZE.
Some of you say that you don't believe in a God because there is no proof, that's like saying your father never loved you because he never hugged you
This person had a very sad childhood, I can already see.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26443 on: February 01, 2013, 11:20:13 pm »

I would legitimately not be surprised if Her Majesty really did rule the world. Things are going way too smoothly for it to be anyone else.
She is bizarrely long-lived for the descendant of a family that once suffered incestuous genetic failures. 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26444 on: February 01, 2013, 11:32:34 pm »

She is bizarrely long-lived for the descendant of a family that once suffered incestuous genetic failures.

SHE IS REALLY THE BRITAINWITCH IN HUMAN DISGUISE.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 1761 1762 [1763] 1764 1765 ... 11040