Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1758 1759 [1760] 1761 1762 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471996 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26385 on: February 01, 2013, 02:18:35 pm »

The newest Unsounded. It's a fetus forest.
This right here? All my WTFs for today O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26386 on: February 01, 2013, 02:46:49 pm »

Grrr. Sette has no business releasing other people's helium babies.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26387 on: February 01, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »

Does that count as abortion?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26388 on: February 01, 2013, 02:57:05 pm »

You know what's even weirder? That's not even the first fetus forest I've seen depicted in media.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26389 on: February 01, 2013, 03:34:44 pm »

Anyone ever been in a conversation or class about "Men" or "White Men" and they talk about them as if they are actively putting people down and just feel lost because you are a white male and you REALLY don't intentionally put people down?

It is always confusing for me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26390 on: February 01, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »

Anyone ever been in a conversation or class about "Men" or "White Men" and they talk about them as if they are actively putting people down and just feel lost because you are a white male and you REALLY don't intentionally put people down?

*shrug* I figure it's a tiny cross to bear.

I'm a Southerner who hears the South slagged on all the time for being racist and backwards and inbred. I am none of those things (okay, okay so there's a couple of cousin marriages in the family tree, but I'm not a Hapsburg or anything).

Individuals are not groups, so I've learned to mostly ignore sweeping generalizations against groups of which I happen to be a member.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26391 on: February 01, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »

You know what's even weirder? That's not even the first fetus forest I've seen depicted in media.

Please tell me you've witnessed some very creative pro-life advertisements.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26392 on: February 01, 2013, 03:49:39 pm »

I've seen a fetus river before from a low budget samsara metaphor, if that counts for anything.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26393 on: February 01, 2013, 03:52:27 pm »

I'm a Southerner who hears the South slagged on all the time for being racist and backwards and inbred. I am none of those things (okay, okay so there's a couple of cousin marriages in the family tree, but I'm not a Hapsburg or anything).

Individuals are not groups, so I've learned to mostly ignore sweeping generalizations against groups of which I happen to be a member.

Yeah but I would NEVER hear that southerners are slack jaw hicks in a class unless they are talking about what a rediculous notion it is.

It is just weird to learn about how White men are such terrible people in a way where it is feels like I am being expected to know EXACTLY how I am hurting the world... Yet... I really don't.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26394 on: February 01, 2013, 03:57:32 pm »

Yeah but I would NEVER hear that southerners are slack jaw hicks in a class unless they are talking about what a rediculous notion it is.

It is just weird to learn about how White men are such terrible people in a way where it is feels like I am being expected to know EXACTLY how I am hurting the world... Yet... I really don't.

Ahh. Well, now if it's being taught as a sociological truth, then that's problematic. If it's just classmates' opinions, then *shrug*.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26395 on: February 01, 2013, 04:03:50 pm »

You were NEVER in class where they said that women are a slave to "men" and that "men" are putting them down?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26396 on: February 01, 2013, 04:05:41 pm »

I find it hard to believe anyone existing in a time past 1979 says things like that.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26397 on: February 01, 2013, 04:07:59 pm »

???  "Women in Modern American History"  'Nuff said.  And, depending on what circles you roll with, sociology can be interpreted to say all of the above. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26398 on: February 01, 2013, 04:09:03 pm »

It was this sort of pro-life Chinese horror film. A woman is haunted by the ghost of her aborted child.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26399 on: February 01, 2013, 04:31:14 pm »

It was this sort of pro-life Chinese horror film. A woman is haunted by the ghost of her aborted child.
Oh. Yeah, that's a thing. Xiao gui (little ghost). There's a related thing in south-east Asia that goes by a lot of different names (like toyol), but it's more of a homunculus-type thing created from an aborted fetus.

Pages: 1 ... 1758 1759 [1760] 1761 1762 ... 11037