Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471808 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26115 on: January 24, 2013, 03:23:04 pm »

Maybe a prof who shows Happy Tree Friends in class?

I know my chem teacher was a total pyro. First day of class, to demonstrate the iClicker system works, he has people vote on which balloon will be louder when it pops. Cue him getting out his blowtorch and demonstrating that they were filled with flammable gas.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26116 on: January 24, 2013, 03:25:02 pm »

My former chem teacher...

Well, he wasn't allowed to be a chem teacher any more after the HCl incident. He's just a physics teacher now xD

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26117 on: January 24, 2013, 03:27:03 pm »

Hydrogen chloride? What did he do?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26118 on: January 24, 2013, 03:29:38 pm »

Well, at first it was just his lab coat getting random holes in it every few days. Than kid's clothing started to get damaged as well.
For some reason that guy was spilling acid all over himself and the students, and nobody really realised until a week later or so.

He also 'eliminated' the eyebrows of a few other kids while he was still an intern... He's really quite clumsy.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26119 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:58 pm »

Well, he wasn't allowed to be a chem teacher any more after the HCl incident. He's just a physics teacher now xD

I will let that slide for now mister, but you are on a warning... :P

All chemists are pyros. The one in the lab directly above mine habitually blows holes though his roof to the outside for no reason, and warns people to avoid his fune cuboards as thats where he keeps the "failed batches that might be a bit unstable".
This is a blank sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26120 on: January 24, 2013, 03:34:38 pm »

All chemists are pyros. The one in the lab directly above mine habitually blows holes though his roof to the outside for no reason, and warns people to avoid his fune cuboards as thats where he keeps the "failed batches that might be a bit unstable".
Fucking with the stuff of creation leaves one a little powermad.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26121 on: January 24, 2013, 03:45:19 pm »

Hydrogen chloride? What did he do?
HCL by its more common name is known as hydrochloric acid. Leave it to imagination of all the damage a chemist could cause.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26122 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:29 pm »

Yeah, I just knew the elements, I put together what it was after I hit post.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26124 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07:24 pm »

Chemistry! The most fun you'll ever have with math. Which wasn't too difficult, to be honest.

I actually enjoyed Chemistry. If Math had actually been tough using chemicals and elements, and with liberally applied BIG BADDA BOOM everywhere I would love math too. The problem is that normal math doesn't end in fire or noxious gases... Unless you're doing it wrong.

Science was always one of my favorite classes. Learning what made the universe tick was fun. Finding out what happens if you give it a swift kick was awesome.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26125 on: January 24, 2013, 07:13:18 pm »

My school is overflowing with science classes.  At least two of the teachers are also, how should I say it... eccentric. The biology teacher is a nerd who can quote anything from the original season of Star Treck, and the physics teacher speaks in a heavy accent, and expects his students to be able to calcutate pi to the fifteenth digit, is surpirsed when they can't do so on the test, and then puts a 30 point curve on it. 
But yeah, science classes are awesome.  I just signed up for two of them today, three if you count computer science as science.  Four if you count naval science as a science. 

The most we've ever gotten to do in Chemistry is light random stuff on fire.  Random stuff being Mg, Thermite, and a bunch of other stuff.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26126 on: January 24, 2013, 07:17:15 pm »

I had a truly amazing science teacher in junior high. The guy had a doctorate and was teaching middle school because he wanted to do something with his retirement. Most of our classes consisted of building Rube-Goldberg machines and engineering paper airplanes with optimal flight profiles. The only fun with chem I recall is when the resident druggie lit himself on fire with a Bunsen burner.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26127 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:37 pm »

I had a truly amazing science teacher in junior high. The guy had a doctorate and was teaching middle school because he wanted to do something with his retirement. Most of our classes consisted of building Rube-Goldberg machines and engineering paper airplanes with optimal flight profiles. The only fun with chem I recall is when the resident druggie lit himself on fire with a Bunsen burner.
We had a guy who... I think it was dump a batch of something that, while not dangerous, permanently stain his skin cells.  His arm was colored black for a while. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26128 on: January 24, 2013, 07:42:56 pm »

Your chem class sounds like my Creative Writing class.

Half the kids there were serious. The other half were druggies who thought it would be a easy class to take while stoned.

They didn't realize that the teacher was... eccentric. And disliked drugs. And had a high-level belt in some martial art (can't remember which). And was the consumate Genki Girl. And she had worked at a school for mentally disturbed children of the sort that "gifts" of staples in your coke and the body hair of someone who had made you angry were normal. And it was tradition in our school to wake up kids with hangovers in various ways.

Essentially my old Creative Writing course was the worst place to be a delinquent ever. I think we got at least 12 kids to stop doing drugs for a year just by clapping.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26129 on: January 24, 2013, 07:45:21 pm »

Your chem class sounds like my Creative Writing class.

Half the kids there were serious. The other half were druggies who thought it would be a easy class to take while stoned.

They didn't realize that the teacher was... eccentric. And disliked drugs. And had a high-level belt in some martial art (can't remember which). And was the consumate Genki Girl. And she had worked at a school for mentally disturbed children of the sort that "gifts" of staples in your coke and the body hair of someone who had made you angry were normal. And it was tradition in our school to wake up kids with hangovers in various ways.

Essentially my old Creative Writing course was the worst place to be a delinquent ever. I think we got at least 12 kids to stop doing drugs for a year just by clapping.
That sounds awesome!!!
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 11037