Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471746 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #26055 on: January 23, 2013, 03:58:53 pm »

I am pressure sensitive, but it gives me headaches, not nightmares. The nightmares are a matter of course, they've just been particularly violent as of late. It might be because I'm back at college.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26056 on: January 23, 2013, 04:01:05 pm »

I am pressure sensitive, but it gives me headaches, not nightmares. The nightmares are a matter of course, they've just been particularly violent as of late. It might just be because I'm back at college.

It just needs to disturb your sleep.

I am lucky to be rather resistant to nightmares no matter how terrible. To the extent where I find it hard to sympathise with people who have "terrible nightmares". Then again it is probably because I had terrible nightmares as a child that redused me to nonstop weeping.

They can wake me up but they cannot disturb me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26057 on: January 23, 2013, 04:19:20 pm »

Yeah, I've never really had bad nightmares. Only one or two in my life that ever really stuck with me after waking and mostly just because of their oddity rather than their terror.

Did wake up screaming one time several months back...still not sure what the hell that was all about. IIRC, in the dream, it was just coming up on something with its back turned, and then it turned around and everything was just AAAAAGHOHFUCKOHFUCKBACKBACKBACKBACKRUN.....but I have no idea what I saw. And then I woke up with a start, and was like "Huh...wtf?" and went back to sleep.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #26058 on: January 23, 2013, 04:36:55 pm »

Going back to the temperature discussion, here it was about -7 Fahrenheit with a windchill of... -25? -30? Cold. I know the (metal) window (frames) have a layer of ice/frost on them. On the inside.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26059 on: January 23, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »

Apperantally there was a Ku Klux Klan march in my town two days ago. Man, I knew people where a bit racist around here but seriously?

Much like the American Nazi parties, the KKK has a tendency to organize rallies and marches anywhere that they can find an excuse. Both the Nazi marches in Toledo a few years ago (the first of which was the cause of one of the only riots in city history) happened because a white man had a dispute with a black neighbor on a very slow news day, and the Nazis pledged "support". It is the only way that they can retain the spotlight with their dying cause.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26060 on: January 23, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »

Apperantally there was a Ku Klux Klan march in my town two days ago. Man, I knew people where a bit racist around here but seriously?

Much like the American Nazi parties, the KKK has a tendency to organize rallies and marches anywhere that they can find an excuse. Both the Nazi marches in Toledo a few years ago (the first of which was the cause of one of the only riots in city history) happened because a white man had a dispute with a black neighbor on a very slow news day, and the Nazis pledged "support". It is the only way that they can retain the spotlight with their dying cause.
I picture statements like "We support the proud Aryan race's right to borrow the damn lawnmower as long as they need it for, without being pestered by its Negroid owner to return it."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26061 on: January 23, 2013, 04:47:40 pm »

I picture statements like "We support the proud Aryan race's right to borrow the damn lawnmower as long as they need it for, without being pestered by its Negroid owner to return it."
Anti-lawnmower is another word for anti-white!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26062 on: January 23, 2013, 04:49:58 pm »

I think there was a KKK rally in Kentucky's capital recently. That's probably just because there are a lot of racists here.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26063 on: January 23, 2013, 04:55:43 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26064 on: January 23, 2013, 04:57:23 pm »

Most out of nowhere crossover ever.

SMT X Fire Emblem

O_o
Wut. Wow, okay, I didn't think I wanted a Wii U, but damn if that isn't compelling.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26065 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:49 pm »

Most out of nowhere crossover ever.

SMT X Fire Emblem

O_o
Harder to figure out than LaytonxAce Attorney (Has that come out yet?), but they're both RPGs at least. I still can't get a Wii U just for the eventual Pikmin 3 and SMTxFE games, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26066 on: January 23, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »

There where approximately 75-90 people in it. This is a town of 300

I need to get out of this state.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26067 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:52 pm »

That's about what they usually ship in. Unless you know for certain that it was a local branch, of course.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26068 on: January 23, 2013, 08:49:36 pm »

Ava's Demon. I have no idea what this is or what it's about.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26069 on: January 23, 2013, 08:52:49 pm »

Pretty though, innit?

Seems like the plot's just starting to roll. Despite being, uh. Nearly three hundred pages in. S'doing an alright job of setting some things up, though.

Which, being fair, each page is more like a panel in your average webcomic, so. S'coo.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 ... 11037