Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1715 1716 [1717] 1718 1719 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470748 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25740 on: January 18, 2013, 12:19:00 am »

So, last night I couldn't sleep. At all. I finally gave up on sleep and worked on homework.

Turns out the little piece of cake I had for desert contained coffee. I don't drink coffee, and even a can of soda can give me a buzz, but apparently this little piece of cake contained enough caffeine to keep me awake for 7 freaking hours.

I've always known that I'm a lightweight, but holy crap.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25741 on: January 18, 2013, 12:21:12 am »

So, last night I couldn't sleep. At all. I finally gave up on sleep and worked on homework.

Turns out the little piece of cake I had for desert contained coffee. I don't drink coffee, and even a can of soda can give me a buzz, but apparently this little piece of cake contained enough caffeine to keep me awake for 7 freaking hours.

I've always known that I'm a lightweight, but holy crap.

Generally speaking chemicals have the most effect the very first time you take them.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25742 on: January 18, 2013, 12:26:00 am »

...You sure? The Constitution was written before slavery even became an issue in general politics. As in nearly a hundred years before.
What? Hello, Three-Fifths Compromise? Banning the external slave trade in 1800? The Missouri Compromise? The Corwin Amendment? The Fugitive Slave Act? Dred Scott v. Sanford? The god damned Civil War?

The Constiution was written in 1787, and even then slavery was a big issue both inside and outside the United States. Most of the founders, even the slaveholders, were of the opinion that slavery was beyond their means to abolish even if it was wrong, but would be gotten rid of in time. They were right, but I don't think they foresaw it happening like it did.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25743 on: January 18, 2013, 12:28:53 am »

I wanted to say all that, but I couldn't be bothered to spent 5 minutes remembering all my AP US History.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25744 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:09 am »

Alright, I messed up on my recollection of history. I'll just go sit quietly in the corner.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25745 on: January 18, 2013, 12:33:16 am »

We should probably transfer the politics discussion to the politics thread. Guns are actually something I've been wanting to discuss.

Generally speaking chemicals have the most effect the very first time you take them.

This is hardly my first time touching caffeine. I've been drinking a can of cola or two every day for the past few months. Even if I had known that the cake had coffee in, I wouldn't have thought so little would have affected me so dramatically.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25746 on: January 18, 2013, 12:38:23 am »

We should probably transfer the politics discussion to the politics thread. Guns are actually something I've been wanting to discuss.

This is hardly my first time touching caffeine. I've been drinking a can of cola or two every day for the past few months. Even if I had known that the cake had coffee in, I wouldn't have thought so little would have affected me so dramatically.

Ohh, then I know exactly how that person made that cake and I am suprised you didn't know it was coffee cake.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25747 on: January 18, 2013, 12:39:20 am »

Ohh, then I know exactly how that person made that cake and I am suprised you didn't know it was coffee cake.
Mmmmmm, coffee cake.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25748 on: January 18, 2013, 12:42:11 am »

I don't drink coffee, so I'm not familiar with the taste. I just ate it 'cuz it was cake.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25749 on: January 18, 2013, 12:46:43 am »

I don't drink coffee, so I'm not familiar with the taste. I just ate it 'cuz it was cake.

I don't drink Coffee and pretty much have never drank it... and I know how coffee flavor tastes because it smells like it tastes.

Just... don't get a job as a poison taster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25750 on: January 18, 2013, 12:47:53 am »

Ehn. Don't have to drink coffee to be familiar with the taste... unfortunately. The smell's pretty distinctive, anyway :-\

As Neo says, it tastes like it smells... plus a nasty lingering aftertaste.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25751 on: January 18, 2013, 12:48:51 am »

Coffee cake is very different from your typical cake in crumblyness.

Or I'm getting my cake mixed up with something and this is a different kind of cake.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25752 on: January 18, 2013, 12:56:02 am »

So twice in one day

I went to the Netflicks for Kids and soo many NOT JUST FOR KIDS STUFF was in there

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25753 on: January 18, 2013, 01:01:16 am »

So twice in one day

I went to the Netflicks for Kids and soo many NOT JUST FOR KIDS STUFF was in there
Hasn't that always been the case? Or did someone mess things up and the Kids section not actually be for kids today?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25754 on: January 18, 2013, 01:01:45 am »

Coffee cake is very different from your typical cake in crumblyness.

Or I'm getting my cake mixed up with something and this is a different kind of cake.

It depends largely on how moist it is, much like "normal" cake, at least in my experience. But coffee cake is far tastier.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1715 1716 [1717] 1718 1719 ... 11037