Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471987 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25725 on: January 17, 2013, 11:22:38 pm »

You guys really should improve your schools.
We would but that'd cost money that nobody wants to spend because it'd make them look bad because debt.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25726 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »

We would but that'd cost money that nobody wants to spend because it'd make them look bad because debt.

I see, and as long as everyone is too dumb to know how bad the schools are... it isn't a problem. Of course!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25727 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:57 pm »

I see, and as long as everyone is too dumb to know how bad the schools are... it isn't a problem. Of course!
Now you're thinking with portals like one of our politicians.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25728 on: January 17, 2013, 11:33:58 pm »

There is good reason the ameripolitics thread is OF DOOM. Any other suffix would be insulted by the politics it had to describe. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25729 on: January 17, 2013, 11:34:27 pm »

I just heard one of the dumbest things I ever heard... so much so I can't believe someone actually said it... ON THE NEWS!

Dear goodness the gun debates in the US are lined with idiocy. "Ohh if the Jews or Africans who were brought to America had guns then the Holocaust and slavery would have never happened"

That's particularly ironic, since the Second Amendment was written for the benefit of the southern states' militias a.k.a. the slave patrols.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25730 on: January 17, 2013, 11:39:11 pm »

I just heard one of the dumbest things I ever heard... so much so I can't believe someone actually said it... ON THE NEWS!

Dear goodness the gun debates in the US are lined with idiocy. "Ohh if the Jews or Africans who were brought to America had guns then the Holocaust and slavery would have never happened"

That's particularly ironic, since the Second Amendment was written for the benefit of the southern states' militias a.k.a. the slave patrols.
...You sure? The Constitution was written before slavery even became an issue in general politics. As in nearly a hundred years before. I thought the second amendment was written primarily to justify what the Independence movement was trying to accomplish: i.e, forming a militia to prevent hostile takeovers by the ruling government.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25731 on: January 17, 2013, 11:42:13 pm »

...You sure? The Constitution was written before slavery even became an issue in general politics. As in nearly a hundred years before. I thought the second amendment was written primarily to justify what the Independence movement was trying to accomplish: i.e, forming a militia to prevent hostile takeovers by the ruling government.
Twas not that either. *points to the Whiskey Rebellion*

Though I can't quite remember what the actual reason was though. I learned it a couple months ago...
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25732 on: January 17, 2013, 11:43:20 pm »

Wait, Neonivek, have you actually heard someone say, "If the Jews who were brought to America had had guns then the Holocaust would never have happened."?

Because that might be one of the top five stupidest things I've ever heard, for so many reasons.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25733 on: January 17, 2013, 11:44:59 pm »

Wait, Neonivek, have you actually heard someone say, "If the Jews who were brought to America had had guns then the Holocaust would never have happened."?

Because that might be one of the top five stupidest things I've ever heard, for so many reasons.

Well not in those exact words but yes!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25734 on: January 17, 2013, 11:49:35 pm »

You sure? The Constitution was written before slavery even became an issue in general politics. As in nearly a hundred years before. I thought the second amendment was written primarily to justify what the Independence movement was trying to accomplish: i.e, forming a militia to prevent hostile takeovers by the ruling government.

Slavery was over 100 years after the constitution was written (Constitution-1787; 13th amendment- 1865). I'm sure there were other reasons the states wanted to independently control and organize armies, but there was definitely concern that Congress, which in Article I is given the power to regulate the military, would fail to put down slave rebellions.

Anyway, this isn't the politics thread. I'll go look for something suitably wtf-y.

EDIT:freeformschooler's avatar takes the cake.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:52:24 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25735 on: January 17, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »

Uhm. Except, no. The "militia" bit is in there because the American forces were entirely composed of local militia forces; they were the closest thing the government (such that it was; it was closer to a large group of local and regional committees before and during the Revolutionary War) had to a standing army. They were never intended to guard against legitimate U.S. government, but against the British and their decidedly foreign armies.  If you want the modern equivalent of those militias, look to the U.S. military, not to the groups of "shooting enthusiasts", secessionists, and paranoid nutjobs that hole up in rural states waiting for the gubbment to come pry their assault rifles from their cold, dead hands.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25736 on: January 18, 2013, 12:00:27 am »

You see!

The statement is so stupid that it throws off the gravity of the solar system and starts pointless conversations.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25737 on: January 18, 2013, 12:02:26 am »

I really have to ask, was it actually that set of points? As in, [Jews] brought to [America/the U.S./the Americas], at some point after which the [Holocaust] occurred [in America]?

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25738 on: January 18, 2013, 12:05:54 am »

I really have to ask, was it actually that set of points? As in, [Jews] brought to [America/the U.S./the Americas], at some point after which the [Holocaust] occurred [in America]?

No, because you got that by quoting me incorrectly.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #25739 on: January 18, 2013, 12:07:49 am »

No dude, the way you phrased that totally implied that the Jews were brought to America.

if the Jews or Africans who were brought to America

Which would be... yeah definite top five, maybe even top three material.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 11037