Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470983 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25380 on: January 10, 2013, 02:01:40 pm »

I just had an epiphany, we don't need guards at schools, every kid needs a lawyer following them around.  Imagine if we could fight back against bullies, not with full bottles of water, but with lawsuits and court dates!  I'm surprised kids who have lawyers for parents don't already go to school every day with a minicam woven into their shirts.

Yea, probably a terrible idea, teaching kids how to manipulate the system early.  It would give Truean some more business though, that's always good.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:03:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25381 on: January 10, 2013, 02:12:20 pm »

Why is teaching kids how to manipulate the system a bad thing? I'd say it's a pretty good one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25382 on: January 10, 2013, 02:13:06 pm »

Just tell them that they're secretly a prince/princess and they need a body guard disguised as a lawyer to keep them safe.

The trials would be tricky, though...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25383 on: January 10, 2013, 02:16:27 pm »

"Your honor, the accused has violated a pinky swear made with my client on August 3rd regarding personal information of a sensitive nature. We demand two years of jailtime and a fine of at least, but not limited to, 2.8 million dollars as compensation for the distress caused to my client by the aforementioned breach of trust."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25384 on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:40 pm »

Why is teaching kids how to manipulate the system a bad thing? I'd say it's a pretty good one.
I thought the whole point of school was to teach kids how to test the system and understand what they can get away with, what they can get away with when caught, and what requires some natural skill, intuitiveness or stringent planning.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25385 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »

I just had an epiphany, we don't need guards at schools, every kid needs a lawyer following them around.  Imagine if we could fight back against bullies, not with full bottles of water, but with lawsuits and court dates!  I'm surprised kids who have lawyers for parents don't already go to school every day with a minicam woven into their shirts.

Yea, probably a terrible idea, teaching kids how to manipulate the system early.  It would give Truean some more business though, that's always good.
It was one of those iron thermos thingies that I think is ment for coffee. They moved my backpack too, but to a location that I could impossibly not have found with some searching. Made me notice how many people have similar backpacks to me tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25386 on: January 10, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »

Most WTF DERPtastic music video I have ever seen.  I just had to put this here.  In advance, I'm sorry.

If you can actually watch the whole thing, it only gets funnier and funnier the whole time.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25387 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44:23 pm »

Ugh.

Sorry, I had to turn it off as soon as I heard her voice.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25388 on: January 10, 2013, 07:27:27 pm »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:30:07 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25389 on: January 10, 2013, 07:53:36 pm »

I have a copy of Sim Earth, and my internet is down often now, So I played it. There's a Modern day mode, start from modern day (1992), and I did that on hard mode.

I drove the entierty of North america, Europe, and Australia extinct by 2005, and caused Global ice age which drove the ice as north as south america and and south as the tip of what would be the US. Africa and asia receded to the Iron age, while South america stayed good at the Industrial age. The ice is reciding now, and I'm trying to get South America to colonize the north. Stubborn little buggers.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25390 on: January 10, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »

I typed "nigga, I told you she is a basketball" into Google and I got Lil' Wayne lyrics. I also got over eight million other results. I was not expecting that.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25391 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »

I have a copy of Sim Earth, and my internet is down often now, So I played it. There's a Modern day mode, start from modern day (1992), and I did that on hard mode.

I drove the entierty of North america, Europe, and Australia extinct by 2005, and caused Global ice age which drove the ice as north as south america and and south as the tip of what would be the US. Africa and asia receded to the Iron age, while South america stayed good at the Industrial age. The ice is reciding now, and I'm trying to get South America to colonize the north. Stubborn little buggers.
Awesome.

IIRC nations are barely modeled, but are there. Did any of the modern south american nations survive? Could we have a Brazilan New America?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25392 on: January 10, 2013, 10:09:53 pm »

I was looking at Audie Murphy's Medal of Honor citation, and it has the following line in it- "The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back." I know he's a bad-ass and all, but STILL.  How the hell do you kill enough enemy soldiers, by yourself, to make enemy tanks retreat? 
Also looking at some other soldiers.  Semo Hahai, who had entire airstrikes called down upon him, and took an explosive round to the FACE, some guy (Forgot his name) who managed to get at least several hundred Germans to surrender single handedly, and so on. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25393 on: January 10, 2013, 10:35:08 pm »

Tanks are extremely vulnerable to infantry. Visibility's poor while buttoned up, and, if you stick your head out of the turret to have a look, you're likely to get shot. Besides that, the weapons on a tank are relatively difficult to target infantry with, as the turret has a fairly slow traverse speed and the bow machine guns popular in WWII tanks had exceedingly limited arcs of fire. The commader's machine gun requires him to expose himself to sniper fire as already noted. This means that, without an infantry screen, a soldier with a molotov cocktail, sticky bomb, bangalore torpedo, or other explosive device has a very high chance of knocking out a tank. Thus, with their infantry being slaughtered, the commanders facing Murphy decided that a tactical withdrawal to regroup was the wisest course. It's not as if they knew they were only fighting one man, after all.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25394 on: January 10, 2013, 10:41:17 pm »

Tanks are extremely vulnerable to infantry. Visibility's poor while buttoned up, and, if you stick your head out of the turret to have a look, you're likely to get shot. Besides that, the weapons on a tank are relatively difficult to target infantry with, as the turret has a fairly slow traverse speed and the bow machine guns popular in WWII tanks had exceedingly limited arcs of fire. The commader's machine gun requires him to expose himself to sniper fire as already noted. This means that, without an infantry screen, a soldier with a molotov cocktail, sticky bomb, bangalore torpedo, or other explosive device has a very high chance of knocking out a tank. Thus, with their infantry being slaughtered, the commanders facing Murphy decided that a tactical withdrawal to regroup was the wisest course. It's not as if they knew they were only fighting one man, after all.
Keep forgetting you you can barely see anything from inside a lot of tanks. 
Still, I wonder if the higher ups in the German command structure has a villainous breakdown.  "Your telling me your retreated from a single man, an impoverished farm-boy at that?!"
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 1691 1692 [1693] 1694 1695 ... 11037