Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471696 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25350 on: January 09, 2013, 10:36:33 pm »

That is the best avatar I've ever seen.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25351 on: January 09, 2013, 10:38:22 pm »

Speaking of musical WTF, I'm in the process of leaning guitar. So far I can pretty much play one song, but I would like learn a few more for the sake of learning.
Why is all guitar music just chords? How boring is that! Are notes too hard or something? The fuck musical guitar playing people, can you seriously offer me nothing with more than just a 1-4-5 chord progression?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25352 on: January 09, 2013, 11:19:09 pm »

You need to learn a different style of guitar, then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsvY6fPtaLM

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25355 on: January 09, 2013, 11:32:35 pm »

Imperial Missile Boat, King Hell God Emperor Starfighter of Death.

...wait what?

Welcome to Star Wars nerdlore. It's like herblore but with less plants and more kickass superweapons.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25356 on: January 09, 2013, 11:37:15 pm »

Obviously I need someway to be able to run either Win98 and/or TIE Fighter again, I don't remember the Missile Boat being that awesome.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25357 on: January 09, 2013, 11:41:37 pm »

What service/branch/whatever do they pull from? 
I am not entirely sure. They're not Royal Marines or SAS. I suspect they are an Airborne company of some sort, so probably Royal Army. But it is very conceivable that I am incorrect.

All of the Foot Guard regiments are regular army units. Hans is totally spot on about their death glare too.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25358 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:53 pm »

What service/branch/whatever do they pull from? 
I am not entirely sure. They're not Royal Marines or SAS. I suspect they are an Airborne company of some sort, so probably Royal Army. But it is very conceivable that I am incorrect.

All of the Foot Guard regiments are regular army units. Hans is totally spot on about their death glare too.
I've felt it. That stare thing all the bronies are going on about got NUTTIN on that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25359 on: January 10, 2013, 12:39:24 am »

Speaking of musical WTF, I'm in the process of leaning guitar. So far I can pretty much play one song, but I would like learn a few more for the sake of learning.
Why is all guitar music just chords? How boring is that! Are notes too hard or something? The fuck musical guitar playing people, can you seriously offer me nothing with more than just a 1-4-5 chord progression?
I think it's because the classical thing is to play while singing and if you're singing then having a simple chord progression you can play off of muscle memory makes things easier.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #25360 on: January 10, 2013, 12:56:41 am »

Actually, their job is to fucking kill the everloving balls out of you if you so much as step over the wrong flagstone. They're real, actual soldiers. They're carrying L85A2 assault rifles with big, nasty looking bayonets on them.
They don't look silly at all.
They make that hat look badass.
It depends on whether you know how badass they are, or if you just see them and go "OOH! Funny looking guy! LA LA LA LA LA!".
There was some video I watched on youtube that showed a person doing something (Can't remember exactly what.  Think it was trespassing or something) and one of those moved so quickly I actually missed it.  Once second guy is moving, next he is face down on the ground.
Some guy fired a starter's pistol during a parade involving the queen one time. One of these guys reached over the barricade, flipped him onto the ground, put one foot on his throat and the bayonet to his face. Yeah, they're pretty scary.

EDIT: Checking wikipedia reveals it was during the 1981 Trooping the Colours. Probably a video somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:00:28 am by Simmura McCrea »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25361 on: January 10, 2013, 01:07:02 am »

Actually, their job is to fucking kill the everloving balls out of you if you so much as step over the wrong flagstone. They're real, actual soldiers. They're carrying L85A2 assault rifles with big, nasty looking bayonets on them.
They don't look silly at all.
They make that hat look badass.
It depends on whether you know how badass they are, or if you just see them and go "OOH! Funny looking guy! LA LA LA LA LA!".
There was some video I watched on youtube that showed a person doing something (Can't remember exactly what.  Think it was trespassing or something) and one of those moved so quickly I actually missed it.  Once second guy is moving, next he is face down on the ground.
Some guy fired a starter's pistol during a parade involving the queen one time. One of these guys reached over the barricade, flipped him onto the ground, put one foot on his throat and the bayonet to his face. Yeah, they're pretty scary.

EDIT: Checking wikipedia reveals it was during the 1981 Trooping the Colours. Probably a video somewhere.

Like any other soldier, they can and will render you into an inanimate blob of flesh with ease. These soldiers just wear funny hats and guard ancient fortresses of since-shrunken mighty empires that spanned the world.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #25362 on: January 10, 2013, 01:59:23 am »

So apparently on the radio there's a little chick.

This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

I think it's one of the first songs I've heard that I like it better in Spanish than English.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25363 on: January 10, 2013, 03:23:08 am »

Obviously I need someway to be able to run either Win98 and/or TIE Fighter again, I don't remember the Missile Boat being that awesome.
Yes, it was. Completely ruined everyones day, and was able to take on both fighters and bomb capital ships.

They really need to remake TIE fighter. (And do it right, this time)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #25364 on: January 10, 2013, 08:53:07 am »

Dude tried to mug me today, while I was carrying £530 in cash, my kindle, my phone, my bank card and my mother's bank card.
This has never happened before.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 11037