Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471622 times)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25185 on: January 06, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »

Creepers? Eying china?

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-LAY!
Thank you for reminding me that I've got to take a trip to Encyclopedia Dramatica sometime soon. Not just for the Chris-chan articles, but also because I want to read about the whole Ben Drowned thing again.

Anyways, something a little more on-topic would be that the convenience store on the same block as where I live charges $1.80 to use a debit card if you don't spend at least $3, proving once again why I don't like shopping at small businesses. I mean, what the fuck?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25186 on: January 06, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »

Because, that's the base rate credit card companies charge. Otherwise, they'd be losing money.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25187 on: January 06, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

Creepers? Eying china?
Have you been reading the CWCki recently, dhokarena56? I think you should stop doing it for a while. Take a break. Exposing yourself to large amounts of disturbing shit is bad for your mental health.
DON'T DO IT
DON'T DO IT MAN
DO NOT READ THAT WIKI
EVEN SHUB-NIGGURATH FEARS WHAT HAPPENS THERE

I WILL BREAK YOU DEAD.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25188 on: January 06, 2013, 07:31:06 pm »

I started watching Plump's playthrough of Shut up and Jam Gaiden. The village in the sewers, man... That place is all of my WTF for today.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25189 on: January 06, 2013, 07:32:34 pm »

Creepers? Eying china?
Have you been reading the CWCki recently, dhokarena56? I think you should stop doing it for a while. Take a break. Exposing yourself to large amounts of disturbing shit is bad for your mental health.
DON'T DO IT
DON'T DO IT MAN
DO NOT READ THAT WIKI
EVEN SHUB-NIGGURATH FEARS WHAT HAPPENS THERE

I WILL BREAK YOU DEAD.
ALSO DON'T DO THAT MAN
I AM THE LAST DEFENSE AGAINST THE DIMENSION OF INFINITE CHRIS-CHAN
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #25190 on: January 06, 2013, 07:54:59 pm »

Start sending me a monthly tugboat and I'll protect you.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25192 on: January 06, 2013, 10:03:52 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121415.0

I-what? I think I might need to peek in on the upper boards from time to time, now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25194 on: January 07, 2013, 05:04:18 am »

Why'd it get locked? It would have fitted in perfectly on the lower forums.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25195 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:01 pm »

I'm fixing the networking at my mom's house right now, and it's an utter hack job.  Every room is set up with an Ethernet jack, along with cable and telephone.  The person who installed the jacks and picked the equipment for the network cabinet wired at least 2 of the jacks incorrectly, and didn't label ANYTHING.  Confounding the matter, both Directv and Comcast technicians have had their grubby little fingers in it too, and there is now a mix of random, unlabeled coax from both networks.  There are 2 signal amplifiers, along with a few splitters.

To top it all off, the initial guy cheaped out and used a 8 port 100mbit switch.  There are 12 jacks in the house.   The modem and router are in a random upstairs bedroom right now.  I can't put them in the network closet yet because I need to sort out which of these random wall warts powering all the cable stuff can be removed safely.  I'm probably going to need to redo a lot of the terminations on the ethernet, and a few on the coax.  There's an 8 port splitter just sitting on the floor too, it looks like someone just cut the ends off the cables and left the connectors there.

My mom is going to be out a few hundred bucks by the end of it.  We need a new switch, and she already had to buy a new modem and router to replace the on that Comcast provided.  The Comcast one did not support more than 1 wireless client without crapping out, and they wanted $7 a month for the POS.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25196 on: January 07, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »

yea it seems alot of the subcontractors that any company is hiring are a bunch of tards with system layout and utilization.

my wtf, Why the hell do i have to do a civil service project for english, ITS FUCKING GENERAL EDUCATION.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25197 on: January 07, 2013, 02:10:29 pm »

yea it seems alot of the subcontractors that any company is hiring are a bunch of tards with system layout and utilization.

my wtf, Why the hell do i have to do a civil service project for english, ITS FUCKING GENERAL EDUCATION.
It seems like they'd be able to do basic math (12 > 8) and realize that playing musical chairs with the ethernet jacks isn't acceptable.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25198 on: January 07, 2013, 02:12:29 pm »

Speaking as a guy who used to work for one of those subcontractors...this is sadly pretty true :|
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25199 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:49 pm »

Man i remember this one time at my old job, i got a call from a subcontractor, we had a guy go out to a house to do a warranty hardware checkup since a computer wasnt booting up. Anyways he calls me telling me "i don't know how to do this"......
ok couple of seconds to let that sink in then i gave him something easy to do like remove the ram one at a time "i don't know what is ram"..............
in 10 minutes later i told him to GTFO of that house and get a real job.
Pages: 1 ... 1678 1679 [1680] 1681 1682 ... 11037