Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469132 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #25140 on: January 05, 2013, 02:02:00 am »

\

Canadians. Polite. Pfffffft. We're just as rude and asshole-ish as the rest of the world for the most part.
How can Canada be rude?  They have all those cute penguins over there.  You can't be rude when you have penguins.
Please be a joke :<
I hope I am joking too.  If I turn into one of those people who think there are penguins in Canada...
To be fair, turns out there are penguins in Canada!
And now I'm one of those people who made an incorrect statement due to failing to take into account loopholes.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25141 on: January 05, 2013, 02:02:20 am »

I think we went over this before and concluded that harsher climates result in greater community interdependence, which breeds people who are more appreciative and respectful towards each other.
Middle East is still a shitbasket though, in terms of being a nice place to live.

Canada's peaceful people may be related to Canada not being a major player in many wars. Admittedly, they helped out America on no end of occassions, probably saved our ass more than a few times (best little brother ever), but I don't think Canada has ever dragged someone else into a war they started (America)

Wait has Canada even started a war? Ever?

I think a big thing for Canada being peaceful is because if they were warlike we'd all be French/english bilingual.

comme si nous ne sommes pas de toute façon.

EDIT:
Canada isn't a place of politeness. Canada even has a low-scale ethnic conflict between the French and English Canadians. It might as well be Somalia.
Someone photoshop NAOHW.

I'm imagining a bunch of Canadians in a jeep waving AK47's around like baseball bats.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25142 on: January 05, 2013, 02:05:24 am »

I'm imagining a bunch of Canadians in a jeep waving AK47's around like baseball bats.
Better still, reverse it. A bunch of jeeps atop a Canadian, waving around baseball bats like AK47s. And successfully firing them into the air.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25143 on: January 05, 2013, 02:08:42 am »

Better still, reverse it. A bunch of jeeps atop a Canadian, waving around baseball bats like AK47s. And successfully firing them into the air.

Oh Canada.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25144 on: January 05, 2013, 02:10:24 am »

I think we went over this before and concluded that harsher climates result in greater community interdependence, which breeds people who are more appreciative and respectful towards each other.
Middle East is still a shitbasket though, in terms of being a nice place to live.

Canada's peaceful people may be related to Canada not being a major player in many wars. Admittedly, they helped out America on no end of occassions, probably saved our ass more than a few times (best little brother ever), but I don't think Canada has ever dragged someone else into a war they started (America)

Wait has Canada even started a war? Ever?

I think a big thing for Canada being peaceful is because if they were warlike we'd all be French/english bilingual.

comme si nous ne sommes pas de toute façon.

EDIT:
Canada isn't a place of politeness. Canada even has a low-scale ethnic conflict between the French and English Canadians. It might as well be Somalia.
Someone photoshop NAOHW.

The Canadians were in WW2 and the Gulf War. But as for starting wars... No, they just get dragged in by their neighbors. 
All I got out of that was not being very facon.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25145 on: January 05, 2013, 03:16:40 am »

So I just watched a 1000+ second blip advertisement that was basically an infomercial for a fondant (which wikipedia told me is substance that's put over fancy cakes instead of spread frosting) mat when there was an option available to skip past it. Then, at the end, I found myself breifly considering whether it would be worth buying this product if I was in the cake decorating business. I'm not sure what my mind is doing tonight.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25146 on: January 05, 2013, 05:59:39 am »

So I just watched a 1000+ second blip advertisement that was basically an infomercial for a fondant (which wikipedia told me is substance that's put over fancy cakes instead of spread frosting) mat when there was an option available to skip past it. Then, at the end, I found myself breifly considering whether it would be worth buying this product if I was in the cake decorating business. I'm not sure what my mind is doing tonight.

Be thankful that it was just fondant, not crystal meth.
This is a blank sig.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25147 on: January 05, 2013, 06:41:27 am »

I can't even imagine what kind of shady internet place you'd have to visit to get ads for crystal meth cake coverings.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25148 on: January 05, 2013, 07:39:33 am »

I'm about to spend the next several hours riding rollercoasters, after having not gotten any sleep this past night. I guess at least I'll be able to test whether or not I have any undiscovered heart defects, at least.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25149 on: January 05, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25150 on: January 05, 2013, 07:00:14 pm »

A little-known Soviet cartoon from 1976 severely inspired by "The Yellow Submarine"
Dear Soviet government censors, just how HIGH did you even have to be just to approve something like this?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 07:02:03 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #25151 on: January 05, 2013, 07:29:58 pm »

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25152 on: January 06, 2013, 12:09:49 am »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25153 on: January 06, 2013, 02:15:49 am »

Spoiler: This. (click to show/hide)

The ARL V39 in the middle. This screenshot is unedited. Why is this a thing, France? What sort of military designer came up with this? What are you trying to compensate for?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25154 on: January 06, 2013, 02:17:06 am »

I'm about halfway through an RTD. And there was an enemy in this RTD that was attacked by a legless zombie, a horde of puppies, a little girl, a horse, and fought them all off before having all his limbs except one leg (this includes his neck) telekenetically snapped by said little girl, really a ghost that escaped from a soul jar by means of little girl possession, and KEPT ON FIGHTING BEFORE MAKING A GETAWAY ON A PASSING CART.
Once I finish reading, I am joining as soon. As. Possible.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 [1677] 1678 1679 ... 11037