Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471925 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24870 on: January 01, 2013, 04:18:26 pm »

Ehn, the same thing happened to me MSH, and I was actually eating well (albeit on my own schedule, which didn't include three meals a day most of the time). I figured it was just because I was walking all over the place, m'self. Bit more day-to-day active than back home.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24871 on: January 01, 2013, 04:38:13 pm »

Quite likely water weight. Low food intake generally translates into low salt intake, which directly translates into massively less water retention. It's why many fad diets look like they're working, even if they don't encourage (or actually discourage) loss of fat.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24872 on: January 01, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »

GROWING UP IS CONFUSING.

This morning I had coffee without a lot of sugar, and it was great. I'm starting to find coffee with a lot of sugar to be too sweet. At the book store today, I read an entire issue of Consumer Report and wasn't bored. In fact, there's a lot of great advice in Consumer Report, especially about business trends.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 04:44:01 pm by freeformschooler »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24873 on: January 01, 2013, 05:00:12 pm »

Quite likely water weight. Low food intake generally translates into low salt intake, which directly translates into massively less water retention. It's why many fad diets look like they're working, even if they don't encourage (or actually discourage) loss of fat.
Ten pounds of water weight? I'm a big guy, but I'm not that big. Plus, while I realized it just now, if it did come from the Starvathon then it has been stable for weeks after getting back to normal, which water weight is usually not.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24874 on: January 01, 2013, 05:03:16 pm »

Maybe not ten pounds, but a few pounds of water weight combined with what you lost in normal weight could certainly result in a surprising total.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24875 on: January 01, 2013, 05:24:30 pm »

GROWING UP IS CONFUSING.

This morning I had coffee without a lot of sugar, and it was great. I'm starting to find coffee with a lot of sugar to be too sweet. At the book store today, I read an entire issue of Consumer Report and wasn't bored. In fact, there's a lot of great advice in Consumer Report, especially about business trends.

Welcome to the wonderful world of tasting hot drinks. Of course the first time you drink a cup left over from the night shift's pot that has been continuously brewing for a few days you'll heartily regret not taking it with sugar.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24876 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:07 pm »

Again. ^^ That made me what-the-fuck...

Headmates? Really? REALLY?

Bloody hell. There's simulation, and then there is believing you got multiple people in your head.

schizophrenia territory indeed o-o

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24877 on: January 01, 2013, 08:51:23 pm »

I've been doing sugarless coffee for a few months now, and I've moved onto sugarless tea and yerba mate. It's an acquired taste, I think.

Coffee was a good start for me in this regard. I stopped using sugar because of deep hatred of the sugary slurry that stayed at the bottom of the cup.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24878 on: January 01, 2013, 08:56:02 pm »

I read through this. So many logical fallacies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24879 on: January 01, 2013, 09:10:39 pm »

I read through this. So many logical fallacies.
That whole thread is a heaping pile of wut. I mean yes, the topic is interesting, but not to that degree.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24880 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:46 pm »

Again. ^^ That made me what-the-fuck...

Headmates? Really? REALLY?

Bloody hell. There's simulation, and then there is believing you got multiple people in your head.
The intention of saying this was to make someone have a "What the fuck?" moment. I'm glad it worked, and for a future reference according to my psychologist it's a perfect coping skill for someone like me who happens to have a vivid imagination.

My current "What the fuck?" moment was receiving the PC version of Halo 2 as a present from the guy that was sexually harassing me this past year. My computer is unable to play it but I had been thinking about getting into first-person shooters.

schizophrenia territory indeed o-o
I would like to remind you of how when I first met you on the internet Caz that it was on a forum where schizotypal behavior was the norm. Please keep that and the bit where your friends decided to dox me and harass me over the phone and in other forums back in 2010 just because I made a joke about kundalini in mind before claiming I have schizophrenia. I'm not taking your shit here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24881 on: January 01, 2013, 10:14:58 pm »

Woah shit, doxing? Really?

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24882 on: January 01, 2013, 10:24:08 pm »

Woah shit, doxing? Really?

Yes. I had to change my phone number and get it unlisted. I also ended up moving to another city as a result of something else, which made the whole dox that had taken place worthless by that time. There was also the harassment in a couple other forums as well.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:03:28 pm by dei »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24883 on: January 01, 2013, 10:39:33 pm »

Are you sure? Forum Profile check says they've been here 2 years longer than you.
It's FEF, not FEOF

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24884 on: January 01, 2013, 11:03:47 pm »

Are you sure? Forum Profile check says they've been here 2 years longer than you.
My mistake. The errant data in my previous post has been redacted, but the rest remains due to it's validity. However from the looks of things this will probably turn into some kind of "he said she said" situation so I would prefer to drop the subject at this time.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:16:44 pm by dei »
Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 11037