Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1650 1651 [1652] 1653 1654 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475082 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24765 on: December 29, 2012, 08:36:56 am »

I think you fucked up your quotes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #24766 on: December 29, 2012, 08:39:18 am »

*quick edit* *shifty eyes* No I didn't =)

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24767 on: December 29, 2012, 08:42:31 am »

As I said in the fear thread, one of my roommates is a Hell's Angel. What the fuck?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24768 on: December 29, 2012, 10:00:18 am »

Red, black, white or pale?

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24769 on: December 29, 2012, 10:38:11 am »

The kind that rides motorcycles.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #24770 on: December 29, 2012, 11:10:57 am »

Playing Just Cause 2, a mission where I have to kidnap a dude.
I flip over the limo we're in, and start thinking 'fuck, this'll be a mission fail then'.

My kidnap victim then proceeded to hop out of the limo and merrily follow me around until I stole another car that I could continue kidapping him with.

Whert the furk JC2?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24771 on: December 29, 2012, 12:51:13 pm »

So a guy in WoT reports someone for being racist.  A few days later he gets a mail from support that the offender has been chatbanned. At the same time he gets chatbanned too.

I, I just don't get these people, WTF?!?!??!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24772 on: December 29, 2012, 01:57:56 pm »

Holy fuck, you know that small space shuttle clock thingy I talked about a while ago?
Well, turns out it's made from FUCKING SILVER.
Still can't find out who made it tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24773 on: December 29, 2012, 02:01:00 pm »

So a guy in WoT reports someone for being racist.  A few days later he gets a mail from support that the offender has been chatbanned. At the same time he gets chatbanned too.

Might have been breaking the rules while responding to the racist guy, or something. When they checked the logs they saw both players as having broken the rules, so both got muted.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24774 on: December 29, 2012, 03:38:17 pm »

Might have been breaking the rules while responding to the racist guy, or something. When they checked the logs they saw both players as having broken the rules, so both got muted.
Pretty much this.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24775 on: December 29, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »

Well why would he make a topic to complain about it then? Anyways, the topic is now in a forbidden part of the forums, which again reeks of trying to hide incompetence since users can't delete topics themselves :S
AS - IG

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24776 on: December 29, 2012, 04:15:43 pm »

Well why would he make a topic to complain about it then? Anyways, the topic is now in a forbidden part of the forums, which again reeks of trying to hide incompetence since users can't delete topics themselves :S
On a lot of game forums complaining about bans in a thread is also against the rules.
If you have a problem you take it directly to the admins.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24777 on: December 29, 2012, 04:16:01 pm »

The topic's likely forbidden because people were likely complaining the original guy got banned.

And besides, a highly visible topic? Naming and shaming is bad. If the racist dude is guilty, the mods will take care of it. If someone makes a huge show about the racist guy, there's going to be a mob backlash against them. You might not think that's such a bad thing, but what about cases where the accusations are false? Mob mentality isn't a genie you can put back in the bottle.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24778 on: December 29, 2012, 04:27:26 pm »

See that's the thing, there was no naming and shaming, the dude simply said "I saw a guy who was behaving racist, happens sometimes, took a screenshot and sent it to the support guys" (something he doesn't actually have to do since there's this automated system or something in place (not sure if that actually works)).
He then recieved a mail that it was being handled (and thanked for it) and that the offending player was chatbanned appropirately. He then goes into the game only to be informed that he was also chatbanned because of racism.

Now it might have been a cock up on the support guys part. But you apologise unbann the bastard and carry on, you don't sweep the topic under the rug to evade backlash.
AS - IG

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24779 on: December 29, 2012, 05:21:11 pm »

The kind that rides motorcycles.
Biker guys are actually pretty cool guys, so long as you don't seriously piss them off.

My parents used to tell me that if I got lost I should look for a police officer, or if I couldn't find one, a Biker.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 1650 1651 [1652] 1653 1654 ... 11037