Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14472833 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24705 on: December 28, 2012, 01:28:38 pm »

Goddamnit, ever since I've gotten sick, the inside of my mouth just feels perpetually DIRTY! I brush my teeth over and over, but I can't get this feeling that there's just some kind of filth covering the inside of my mouth. Even worse, I had the raw AUDACITY to drink some coffee, and the feeling of filth is now supplemented with this gritty, coarse feeling on my teeth that also laughs in the face of brushing. It's really irritating.

May or may not be caused by what may or may not be my left-bottom wisdom tooth coming in, busting out of it's hiding place under my gums Koolaid man-style, which makes eating an aching chore.
You're not the only one that currenlty has porblems with eating.
I can barely chew anything with my braces D:
(Luckily, we almost all the time have soup and something after that.)

E:
My friend's excuse for not having a capitalized name on DCU:

"Names with capitals at the start are only used if the name is already taken!"

Somebody types a sentence with Every Word Capitalized:

"That's used so they attract attention easier!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E2:
Wow, tonnes of WTF today. I make a top comment on youtube, on minutephysics.

Suddenly, my inbox is spammed by youtube emails saying that somebody reacted on my comment.

E3: And ofcourse, i have to react to EVERY. SINGLE. COMMENT. 120 likes in 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:05:57 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #24706 on: December 28, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

Might I ask which video?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: December 28, 2012, 04:22:44 pm »

Another multiple shooting incident. In a police station.

Granted, the NRA will likely point out that none of the victims died and claim that this is what happens when you arm everybody, and that the gun was "stolen".

I would point out that one of the cops is only alive because he was wearing a ballistic vest at the time, and that the sheer presence of multiple armed, trained professionals STILL didn't deter this guy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: December 28, 2012, 04:26:12 pm »

Initially I thought it was going to be a suicide by cop thing, but nope, looks like a legitimate escape attempt by someone who thought the movies were real life. Damn.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24709 on: December 28, 2012, 04:32:58 pm »

So... you want to take guns away from the police?

Because he attacked an officer in a police station, overpowered her and took her gun?

Because it is so incredibly common for people to take guns from cops and go on shooting sprees after being arrested?

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24710 on: December 28, 2012, 04:37:26 pm »

Think you misunderstood Nadaka. The NRA will say that there were no fatalities in this case as all the cops had guns (which is a pretty dumb argument for the NRA to come up with really, but still...) - this is the point greatorder is making.
This is a blank sig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: December 28, 2012, 04:40:32 pm »

No, I'm pointing out that this notion that just sticking people with guns around places is a magical shield that will prevent shootings is kind of bullshit.

If someone can overpower a cop and go on a spree, why can't they overpower an "armed volunteer"/rent-a-cop at a school and go on a spree? Hell, that way someone determined to go kill kids doesn't even have to bother with purchasing firearms and potentially alerting authorities...they know there will already be some waiting for them at the school. On a person with far less training or physical fitness requirements than police officers.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: December 28, 2012, 04:46:59 pm »

It also ignores the fact that there is a direct correlation between gun ownership and gun killings. Its not as if the graph would plummet to zero once you go beyond 99.99% of people owning at least one firearm.

Hell, I can see it now. "This wouldna happened if everyone had TWO GUNZ!"
This is a blank sig.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24713 on: December 28, 2012, 04:49:10 pm »

No, I'm pointing out that this notion that just sticking people with guns around places is a magical shield that will prevent shootings is kind of bullshit.

If someone can overpower a cop and go on a spree, why can't they overpower an "armed volunteer"/rent-a-cop at a school and go on a spree? Hell, that way someone determined to go kill kids doesn't even have to bother with purchasing firearms and potentially alerting authorities...they know there will already be some waiting for them at the school. On a person with far less training or physical fitness requirements than police officers.

It isn't a magical shield that will prevent all shootings. But it may deter some, and may reduce the severity of some that do occur. But its biggest benefit is that it makes people "feel safer" knowing that someone is there guarding their kids.

But I have to agree with the mayor of Philadelphia on the "armed volunteer" plan at least, it is a completely dumb-ass idea.

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/26/philadelphia_mayor_nra_plan_a_dumb_ass_idea/singleton/

It also ignores the fact that there is a direct correlation between gun ownership and gun killings. Its not as if the graph would plummet to zero once you go beyond 99.99% of people owning at least one firearm.

Hell, I can see it now. "This wouldna happened if everyone had TWO GUNZ!"

There is a direct correlation between legal gun ownership and gun suicide. The correlation between legal gun ownership and gun homicide is much much less direct.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: December 28, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »

Feel safer? If my kid was going to a school with someone there constantly armed, I would immediately pull them out of said school and look into homeschooling options. It would make me feel the opposite of safe.

(nevermind that homeschooling might still be the best option due to horrible public schools these days, but still...)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: December 28, 2012, 05:04:58 pm »

Feel safer? If my kid was going to a school with someone there constantly armed, I would immediately pull them out of said school and look into homeschooling options. It would make me feel the opposite of safe.

(nevermind that homeschooling might still be the best option due to horrible public schools these days, but still...)

As far as I know, most schools already do have a uniformed police officer on campus during school hours already, the less "complete dumbass" part of proposal is only that money be set aside to pay for a mandate that all schools have such an officer.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24716 on: December 28, 2012, 05:07:57 pm »

That guy sucks at trolling.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: December 28, 2012, 05:15:39 pm »

You know, there's one thing really making me go what the fuck that just keeps popping up on this and the rage thread.

Why the fuck do so many of you bother with youtube comments?!

There's a difference between trying to get enjoyment out of something that sucks like a bad movie or game, or actively lowering yourself by getting involved with something at all. Youtube comments are the latter.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24718 on: December 28, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »

Only thing worse than youtube comments are yahoo news comments.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24719 on: December 28, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »

I'm half expecting LW to appear here.
Watching always.

Why the fuck do so many of you bother with youtube comments?!
Fight the good fight, youtube will become facebook v.2... But we can slow that down. Our last minutes of viral videos shall be mighty indeed.

"We will fight them in the comments... We will fight them in the chocolate rain."
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 11037