Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473585 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24675 on: December 27, 2012, 03:12:55 pm »

So when the Police are so shit that they stop caring for the most basic of laws. Right, to elaborate, and this might just be an isolated incident (but from other expiriences this is only a slight exaggeration).

Basically my sister was crossing the street on the crossing today and she was almost ran over by a policeman driving a car. He did stop, but at the same time he gave her the "What the hell are you doing" look.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if a crossing isn't regulated by a traffic light that means that pedestrians always have the right of way, which means fucking always, regardless of what you are driving and who you are. Now post people in this country don't care for that ( I get that they're impatient assholes, even I sometimes don't stop in a hurry) except for those who just got their driving license, but damn it if you're a cop you should be the damned example not an impatient asshole.

(this also might be RAGE thread material, but it could go here just as well I guess :S)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24676 on: December 27, 2012, 03:15:36 pm »

I-I think I just used the word thoughtcrime in the rage thread. What the fuck?

So when the Police are so shit that they stop caring for the most basic of laws. Right, to elaborate, and this might just be an isolated incident (but from other expiriences this is only a slight exaggeration).

Basically my sister was crossing the street on the crossing today and she was almost ran over by a policeman driving a car. He did stop, but at the same time he gave her the "What the hell are you doing" look.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if a crossing isn't regulated by a traffic light that means that pedestrians always have the right of way, which means fucking always, regardless of what you are driving and who you are. Now post people in this country don't care for that ( I get that they're impatient assholes, even I sometimes don't stop in a hurry) except for those who just got their driving license, but damn it if you're a cop you should be the damned example not an impatient asshole.

(this also might be RAGE thread material, but it could go here just as well I guess :S)
Most police that do that are dirty. And there are quite a few that are. Is your sister alright?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24677 on: December 27, 2012, 04:11:13 pm »

Yeah she's fine, don't think she gave it much thought afterwards anyways. Oh well, I never relied much on police for anything, no reason to start doing so now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24678 on: December 27, 2012, 06:09:47 pm »

I downloaded the driver updates from the ATI website, ran the .exe, ran the program the .exe started.... Does this mean new drivers are installed?
Yep, you're good. ATI has this nice "one big exe for all" program that hasn't sucked for over 5 years.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24679 on: December 27, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »

Stalin's Singing Schoolgirls.  Ok I thought anime was weird.  Then I saw this.  Now anime is really weird.
Awesome, glad I randomly popped in this thread today.  ... It needs a full song.

EDIT: Then I youtube search the anime for it... Shota?
Yes, I know what it means.

It is from Girls und Panzer, I've only seen the first 10 episodes but it isn't even remotely shota.
Maybe I shouldn't have looked at the upvoted 'boku no pico'...

Quite apart from how "Don't trust YT commentators" should be common sense, the unexpanded description notes the name of the show.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24680 on: December 27, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »

That tune is quite familiar. Is it an old Russian folk tune or something?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24681 on: December 27, 2012, 09:15:22 pm »

I tried my first taste of Coffee on Christmas Eve Day. It tasted horrible. Not bitter, like Black coffee is supposed to be, but just... not good. And no, It wasn't Instant Coffee. What the Heck do people find good in that stuff?
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24682 on: December 27, 2012, 09:20:13 pm »

I tried my first taste of Coffee on Christmas Eve Day. It tasted horrible. Not bitter, like Black coffee is supposed to be, but just... not good. And no, It wasn't Instant Coffee. What the Heck do people find good in that stuff?
I agree with you here.
I reckon that they are all addicted to caffeine, but in denial.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24683 on: December 27, 2012, 10:12:33 pm »

I agree with you here.

Most people are very addicted to caffiene, but refuse to admit their need for the chemical is addiction. Which is like saying, "I'm not addicted to cigarettes, but I need them to get through the day."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #24684 on: December 27, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »

I agree with you here.

Most people are very addicted to caffiene, but refuse to admit their need for the chemical is addiction. Which is like saying, "I'm not addicted to cigarettes, but I need them to get through the day."
Which I've heard plenty of people say.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24685 on: December 27, 2012, 11:44:46 pm »

I'll freely admit that I'm addicted to coffee.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24686 on: December 27, 2012, 11:45:23 pm »

I've confused MYSELF by changing my avatar.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24687 on: December 27, 2012, 11:47:31 pm »

My WTF:  What happened in/to the generations thread?  Did the whole thread just get deleted?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #24688 on: December 27, 2012, 11:49:34 pm »

It's down a page or two -- I had to remove a couple of Alpha Dwarf alts.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24689 on: December 27, 2012, 11:51:11 pm »

Ah thanks I see it now.  Thanks for your eternal vigilance, Toady :P
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 1644 1645 [1646] 1647 1648 ... 11037