Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1633 1634 [1635] 1636 1637 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480227 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #24510 on: December 21, 2012, 06:24:38 pm »

While not great, a cop is certainly better than private security. In my high school, it was the private security people that beat the crap out of kids, tasered an autistic kid for not listening to them, etc, not the school cop.

Your high school had private security??  :o

They apparently felt it was necessary (probably because a third each of the population were bussed in from the ghetto and the rich suburbs), but wanted to do it as cheaply as possible. It was basically four or five assholes with anger issues. I think one of them doubled as the football (soccer) coach.

The school cop, on the other hand, was the sort of "chill, eats lots of donuts" stereotype and did absolutely jack-all, except the days when we had bomb threats.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24512 on: December 21, 2012, 06:35:00 pm »

Since somebody mentioned it, I've been hearing a lot about the fiscal cliff, and I'm not exactly sure what it is. Is it like the Dwarf Fortress difficulty cliff, in which the President, irritated at the fact that his demand for a slade window in his security bunker dining room, goes berserk and kills a bunch of the House of Representatives before being brought down by the Secretary of State with a pick?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24513 on: December 21, 2012, 06:38:34 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28404.msg3893649#msg3893649

Caution, spoilers.
Er...what the heck is that from?  :o
I assume that you opened the spoilers, in which case the answer should be written on all of the screenshots.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24514 on: December 21, 2012, 06:38:43 pm »

Since somebody mentioned it, I've been hearing a lot about the fiscal cliff, and I'm not exactly sure what it is. Is it like the Dwarf Fortress difficulty cliff, in which the President, irritated at the fact that his demand for a slade window in his security bunker dining room, goes berserk and kills a bunch of the House of Representatives before being brought down by the Secretary of State with a pick?

That would be a rather remarkable turn of events. I'd pay to see Obama beat Mitch McConnell to death with Rand Paul's severed arm.

Incidentally, the only Paul I would support in an election would be RuPaul.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24515 on: December 21, 2012, 06:39:49 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28404.msg3893649#msg3893649

Caution, spoilers.
Er...what the heck is that from?  :o
I assume that you opened the spoilers, in which case the answer should be written on all of the screenshots.

so you post spoilers... and you have to open the spoilers to see what the spoilers are from

I think it'd be easier if you just kind of... said it instead of just saying "WARNING SPOILERS FOR SOMETHING".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24516 on: December 21, 2012, 06:45:34 pm »

NRA representative goes a bit unhinged as he tries to blame video games for gun violence.

straightjacket.jpg

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #24517 on: December 21, 2012, 06:48:47 pm »

In a nutshell: The Fiscal Cliff represents a sudden drop in the deficit in a very short period of time due to a bunch of tax and spending cuts expiring in 2013. The impact of that much money being sucked out of the economy to pay off the deficit in such a short period of time is expected to do bad things to the economy, probably putting us back into a recession.

So there is push to stop it, or at least stop it from being a large cliff.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24518 on: December 21, 2012, 06:49:38 pm »

I think it'd be easier if you just kind of... said it instead of just saying "WARNING SPOILERS FOR SOMETHING".
It probably would be, yes.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24519 on: December 21, 2012, 06:53:38 pm »

recession.
Can you guys stop doing that? Mum and dad investors don't understand that our economy isn't that directly linked to yours, so when they hear that things are bad over there they freak out and things get bad here as a self fulfilling prophecy.

Call it something else. Like 'vacation time' because nobody is working!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24520 on: December 21, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »

I live in Canada, just to get that out of the way. And I went through one of the biggest agencies in the GTA, so there is that.

But I just finished 40 hours of training in order to get my security guard license. And I think it was fairly intensive. I still need to write a 60 question exam to get the license. And, thankfully in Canada, liability is an actual thing. I haven't heard of cops or guards getting off from abuse of power.

Y'all need buttery laws.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24521 on: December 21, 2012, 08:49:57 pm »

I live in Canada, just to get that out of the way. And I went through one of the biggest agencies in the GTA, so there is that.

But I just finished 40 hours of training in order to get my security guard license. And I think it was fairly intensive. I still need to write a 60 question exam to get the license. And, thankfully in Canada, liability is an actual thing. I haven't heard of cops or guards getting off from abuse of power.

Y'all need buttery laws.
GTA

Ballad of Gay Descan?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24522 on: December 21, 2012, 08:51:17 pm »

Y'all need buttery laws.
GTA

Ballad of Gay Descan?

No, Ballad of Straight Descan
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24523 on: December 21, 2012, 09:20:37 pm »

How did GTA turn into a phrase that starts with B?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24524 on: December 21, 2012, 09:24:59 pm »

How did GTA turn into a phrase that starts with B?
when it made dlc
Pages: 1 ... 1633 1634 [1635] 1636 1637 ... 11037